PDA

View Full Version : The Travels Of Hazel

K & L
05-06-2004, 08:47 AM
We took Hazel to the vet yesterday afternoon. They tested her (which was negative), treated her for fleas and earmites, she is declawed, AND microchipped!!! Hazel is from KANSAS!!!! The vet is trying to locate the owners today and will get back to us. We're thinking either the owners moved here and Hazel got out and lost, or she was abandoned! I will keep you all updated.

Laura's Babies
05-06-2004, 08:50 AM
Well, this is a prime story of how great those chips work. I am thinking about having Amy done because of her condition. I am sure the owners will want her back and will be so grateful to you for finding her and getting her back to them. That should be a interesting story when you hear the details of how she got lost. Be sure to post it for us.

catmandu
05-06-2004, 08:51 AM
Now either Hazel , is a world Cat Traveller , or you are right , she got out of her new home , and took a wrong turn at Albrqerqe! like Bugs Bunny ,in those cartoons!At least she is Safe!

emily_the_spoiled
05-06-2004, 09:13 AM
I currently have Emily and Tanner chipped and Charlie is going to be done at his next vet visit. I did it "just in case" something happens and we become separated. I would like to think there are other kind people out there, like you K, that would take my babies in and have them checked...

Kona & Oreo's mom
05-06-2004, 09:19 AM
Poor Hazel--so far from home! Good luck in finding her people. I'll bet they are worried sick about her. Do you have any new neighbors or seen any homes with "SOLD" signs in the area?

kimlovescats
05-06-2004, 09:22 AM
Oh WOW! How encouraging! I hope the owners can be located, and that they are truly missing sweet Hazel!!!;)

K & L
05-06-2004, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Kona & Oreo's mom
Poor Hazel--so far from home! Good luck in finding her people. I'll bet they are worried sick about her. Do you have any new neighbors or seen any homes with "SOLD" signs in the area?

There have been a couple houses sold in the area. I sure hope this has a happy ending. You would not believe and sweet and gentle this cat is.

Twink
05-06-2004, 09:56 AM
Wow. Heh. She’s not in Kansas anymore!! :D

(What?! Somebody had to say it. Quit throwing things! ;) )

I just can’t wait to hear the rest of this story!! I hope her people are good people, and that they will be so thrilled to have their sweet girl back again.

Note to self: Get Barliman chipped!!

Edwina's Secretary
05-06-2004, 11:18 AM
Twink...you beat me to it. So... Toto too?

Barbara
05-06-2004, 11:19 AM
If her people chipped her then there was a moment they cared about her. I hope so much this story has a happyend (although it cannot end bad anymore now that Hazel is with you:D )

RedHedd
05-06-2004, 11:21 AM
and Toto too .... :rolleyes: :p

I do hope this has a happy ending. I had my two microchipped when I adopted them as it was part of my adoption contract. You never know ... and it's better to be safe than .... catless.

Edwina's Secretary
05-06-2004, 11:26 AM
Edwina was chipped before we brought her home and I hope to get Eddie chipped. My question is...we lived at a different address when Edwina joined us. How do we correct the address? Anyone know? And I think Hazel should be renamed Dorothy.

emily_the_spoiled
05-06-2004, 11:28 AM
To change the address on the chip, you contact the organization that keeps the info (you should have that from the vet) and pay them some money and they will update the address.

I think that Dorothy is a much better name for this kitty ;)

K & L
05-06-2004, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
Edwina was chipped before we brought her home and I hope to get Eddie chipped. My question is...we lived at a different address when Edwina joined us. How do we correct the address? Anyone know? And I think Hazel should be renamed Dorothy.

I like Dorothy too, but I have to clear this with my girlfriend first:D !

Catsnclay
05-06-2004, 01:28 PM
Lisa-
Have you called the Humane Society & AAWL to report Hazel to them? I think there is another one in town, but the memory is going.......(no comments!! :eek: ) Sometimes when people loose their pets, they call these places seeing if they turn up.

Also I would print up signs and post them around your neighborhood.........you might be surprised that she actually lives very close to you!!

Hope her "parents" find her!! :D

K & L
05-06-2004, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Catsnclay
Lisa-
Have you called the Humane Society & AAWL to report Hazel to them? I think there is another one in town, but the memory is going.......(no comments!! :eek: ) Sometimes when people loose their pets, they call these places seeing if they turn up.

Also I would print up signs and post them around your neighborhood.........you might be surprised that she actually lives very close to you!!

Hope her "parents" find her!! :D

The vets are working on the phone calls, and the fliers is an excellent idea! We will do that.