PDA

View Full Version : I need to whine...:(

moosmom
05-06-2004, 02:38 AM
I've been sick for 4 days now! Swollen glands, sneezing, really BAD sore throat, dry cough, feeling very crappy.

I tried going into work today and lasted all of 4 1/2 hours. I've already missed 2 days of work and will be out again tomorrow.

My SIL took me to the walk-in clinic tonight. At first I told her no, that I'd just let it run it's course. It turns out that what I THOUGHT was just a cold, is an Upper Respiratory Infection. The Dr. gave me Zythromax Z-Pak. He told me to take Claritin and Robitussin DM.

This really sucks!! :( I hate being sick. Okay, now that I've gotten that off my chest, I'm going to bed. Good night!

Killearn Kitties
05-06-2004, 02:50 AM
Look after yourself and I hope you feel better soon.

NoahsMommy
05-06-2004, 03:45 AM
Eww, colds are no fun. Especially an infection.

You take care of yourself and do what your doctor says. :) Drink lots of chicken soup and OJ...that works well too.

Take care Donna.

All Creatures Great And Small
05-06-2004, 08:27 AM
I feel your pain, Donna - it stinks to be so sick, especially when the weather is getting warmer and you want to be anywhere but in bed! Look at it this way though - more time for Pet Talk ;) :D and quality time with your kitties!

ramanth
05-06-2004, 08:34 AM
HEALING HUGS!!!

I hope you feel better real soon Donna. It's no fun being sick. :(

anna_66
05-06-2004, 08:47 AM
Oh it just sucks being sick when it's warm outside:(

I hope you feel better soon Donna:)

Steffi N
05-06-2004, 09:21 AM
Donna, I am sorry you are sick and hope you are better soon. Please take good care of yourself.

Fallon
05-06-2004, 09:35 AM
i'm sorry, i really hope you get better soon. take good care of yourself.

cloverfdx
05-06-2004, 10:27 AM
Oh no i hope you are feeling much better soon. Takecare and get plenty of rest.

luckies4me
05-06-2004, 10:34 AM
Oh no! I hope you feel better soon. It sucks to be sick. I just found out I have allergies to my hedgies and the rats! I have been taking some sinus stuff and I am finally feeling a bit of relief. I hope you get better soon and if you need some whine some more just im me. ;)

RobiLee
05-06-2004, 12:21 PM
Aww, Donna, sorry to hear you are not feeling well. Make sure you get lots of rest and fluids. Hang in there, girl, and feel better real soon!

Hugs...Robin

Logan
05-06-2004, 12:25 PM
That ZPac ought to fix you right up, Donna. Take care of yourself and get well soon!!!! :)

PS. Did you get my PM about the Mt. Everest post? Where is it?

Randi
05-06-2004, 12:33 PM
Sorry to hear you're feeling so bad, Donna. Get some sleep, drink a lot - water that is! And get well soon! :) Now you have a chance to catch up on some reading. ;)

carole
05-06-2004, 10:25 PM
GET WELL WISHES coming your way Donna, I hope you feel better real soon, being sick sucks bigtime, take care and get plenty of bedrest., and lots of smooches from those kittys of yours.

dukedogsmom
05-06-2004, 10:27 PM
Hope you get well soon! The weekend is coming up and it really sucks to be sick on your days off.

shais_mom
05-07-2004, 12:39 AM
take care DONNA!

trayi52
05-07-2004, 12:44 AM
Get well soon, Donna.:)

gini
05-07-2004, 11:51 AM
Donna, hope you are feeling better today. I struggle with allergies and hate taking the medications.

What is a Z-pack? Is it a prescription?

Logan
05-07-2004, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by gini
Donna, hope you are feeling better today. I struggle with allergies and hate taking the medications.

What is a Z-pack? Is it a prescription?

The Z-pack is Zithromax, Gini. I know it well!!! LOL!!! It is a five day dose of concentrated antibiotics. I just know Donna MUST be better now. I sure hope so!!!! :)

moosmom
05-07-2004, 02:33 PM
Hi everyone,

Thanks SO much for the well wishes. I'm feeling SO much better. I've been on the Z-Pak for 48 hours now and feel alot better. The only thing still lurking is the dry cough at night. I've got Robitussin DM for that. I called in sick yesterday. I couldn't BELIEVE the attitude of the manager. Here's the scenario:

Me (barely able to talk): "Hi, Jim. I'm not coming in today. I went to the clinic last night and have been diagnosed with an Upper Respiratory Infection."

Jim: "How long have you been sick now?? Six days??"

Me: "No Jim, only 4, since Sunday."

Jim: "And you JUST went to the doctor's last night???" (speaking like he was totally annoyed)

Me: "Well, gee Jim, I'm really sorry if I don't have any EXTRA money to spend on a doctor's visit, but I THOUGHT it was only a cold, until last night when I got home and took my temperature and it was 101.2" "That's when my sister-in-law insisted I go be check out AND paid for both the visit AND my medicine!!"

Jim: "So, you CAN'T work today???"

Me: "No Jim, I can't!!"

Jim: "Okay, whatever."

So, what do I have to do?? Wait till it turns into pneumonia??? What an a$$hole!! And all for $7.00/hr.

UGH!!!!!:mad:

Logan,

Sorry about the Evarest updates. It's been pretty intense and a little difficult to keep up with it. That's why I posted the link so everyone could go in and read it on their own time.

One of the guys from the CT Team quit. He got disgusted by another member who was NOT a team player. it's sad because this guy that left was a great man.

My friend and his wife are still there. I worry about them constantly. I saw a program last night on tv about Sir Edmund Hillary's climb to the Summit. NOW I can understand the whole thing. It's scary and I hope they come home soon!!

Steffi N
05-07-2004, 02:58 PM
Donna, I am glad you are feeling much better. I hope the idiot manager doesn't give you too much bs when you go back.
I hope the kitties have been giving extra cuddles.

davidpizzica
05-08-2004, 08:14 AM
Donna, I'm happy that you're doing alot better with the Z pax. BTW, I have a boss like that too He thinks if you can still walk, then you can come to work lol