PDA

View Full Version : New Person =)

GuideDogPuppyRaiser
05-05-2004, 02:03 PM
Hi everyone, i thought it would be nice to introduce myself and my furry friends. :p I have a flat coated retriever, a yellow labrador, and I am currently raising a yellow labrador puppy for Guide dogs for the blind, but i have to give him back when hes 18 months old :( . The Flat coat is Daisy, she is 3. The yellow lab, the 1st one, hes a retired guide dog, hes 7. And the puppy is 10 weeks old right now, his name is Tennyson, after a poet. Hope to meet you all! :)

Sincerely,
GuideDogPuppyRaiser

DogLover9501
05-05-2004, 02:55 PM
Hello! Welcome to Pet Talk!! You will love it here!

Im Robyn, Im 16, from Canada and I am owned by the 3 dogs, Piddle a shih-tzu, Wiggles a shih-tzu mix and Jasper a boxer I am also owned by 1 cat named Tigger, you can see them all in my signature below!

Welcome again!

chocolatepuppy
05-05-2004, 03:10 PM
Hi welcome to PT. I have two dogs Lacey and Mandy and two cats Sassy and Missy. Lots of friendly people,info and pics here:)

molucass
05-05-2004, 03:32 PM
Hi... Welcome to the forum! I hope you enjoy it here.

My name is Cori, and I'm 19.

I have 3 dogs.. Annie & Bailee-- dachshund/pug mixes, and Felony-- an american pit bull terrier..
And my moms dog is Molly-- a jack russell/chihuahua mix.

Can't wait to see pictures of your pups. :)

GuideDogPuppyRaiser
05-05-2004, 03:48 PM
thanks everyone for the info! I wish i could post pics but i don't have a digital camera, i will be getting one asap!

ChocolatePuppy is Mandy part flat coat? She is beautiful!

My Peanuts
05-05-2004, 03:52 PM
Hi, welcome to Pet Talk. I'm Diana and I'm 23 years old. My pups are pictured below. In addition to them I also have two cockatiels named Alex and Danny ( Alex is a girl) & 3 African cichlids and a plecostomus. I look forward to seeing pictures of your pups. :D

carole
05-05-2004, 03:56 PM
A very warm welcome to PT, as you can see by my sig, I am the proud owner of two cats, I live in NZ and have been on PT for over a year now.

I am really looking forward to hearing all about your dogs and hopefully seeing pics, how wonderful you are raising a future guide dog, I think its great people do this, and it must be so hard to say goodbye, but when you see them with their new owners I am sure you feel very happy and rewarded.

tatsxxx11
05-05-2004, 04:18 PM
From one Retriever mom to another, WELCOME!:) What a beautiful furfamily you've got there! And what important work you do, raising guide dogs for the blind! Looking forward to learning more about your pups and about you, and seeing pictures, or course:D My name's Sandra and my furkids include Cody, an 8 yr. old Husky, Star, a 5 yr. old yellow Lab, kitties Mr. B and Oliver and 2 guinea pigs, Moon and Rosie!:)

DoggiesAreTheBest
05-05-2004, 04:20 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk! Your furkids sound adorable! How about some pictures?

chocolatepuppy
05-05-2004, 05:02 PM
GDPR My Mandy was rescued w/ her littermates from a dumpster so her exact mix is not certain. She definately has some kind of retreiver in her. We think maybe a cross between a chocolate lab and golden retriever? We've even guessed maybe some Newfie? When she was a puppy she looked liked a chessie. So who knows :confused: But she sure has the hair let me tell ya! Thanks for the compliment on her being beautiful ,can't wait to see some pics of yours. And BTW, that is great work you do raising a guide dog. Good for you :)

Amber
05-05-2004, 05:07 PM
Hi! Welcome to PT! :D

lovemyshiba
05-05-2004, 06:08 PM
Hello, and welcome to Pet Talk!!!!!!

Your dogs sound wonderful, and I can't wait to see their pictures and hear more about them.

My name is Emily, and I am owned by 4 dogs: Kito, a shiba inu; Abbey, a beagle mix; Riley, a little labbie mix; and Jada, a rottweiler.

guster girl
05-05-2004, 06:37 PM
Hi! I'm Kari! I have a yellow labrador named Finn! That's awesome that you're raising Tennyson to be someone's eyes! I LOVE the name, did you choose it? I want to train Finn to be a "Pet Partner" therapy dog. That would be so hard to give Tennyson up after you put so much into him, but, wow! The idea that you're going to give someone their freedom by giving them the dog, that's so amazing! Congratulations! Can't wait to see photos!

Fox-Gal
05-05-2004, 06:45 PM
Welcome to PT.

Can't wait to hear more about you babies and soon maybe some pictures. :D Thats such great work you do with the guide dogs. You think you can raise me one to guide a blind dog. :D J/K

I'm owned by... well, to save time, you can look at my Sig. Most of them are there. LOL

Hope you enjoy PT.

Cookiebaker
05-05-2004, 06:48 PM
Welcome to Pettalk!! :D Your fur-family sounds so beautiful!

I am owned by Malone, a yellow labbie; and Emerson (after Ralph Waldo Emerson ;) ) a black labbie. We also have Marigold, a calico; Willow, English Angora rabbit; and Jimmy the fish.

I hope you like it around here, and I can't wait to here more about your beautiful babies. :)

jenfer
05-05-2004, 07:00 PM
Welcome to PT. My name is Jennifer. And I have a mini dachshund named Gigi. :) We'd looooooooove to see pictures of your doggies.

cloverfdx
05-06-2004, 06:36 AM
A big warm welcome to Pet Talk :D
Your dogs sound beautiful. That is great you are raising a guide dog pup. Good luck :)

My name is Rhiannon and i am owned by 4 dogs, Penny a JRTx, Clover a Rotty/Heeler x, Theodore a Chihuahua, Elvis the Border Collie, and Miss Yumi the cat.

I hope you enjoy your time at Pet Talk everyone is very friendly and very helpful.

anna_66
05-06-2004, 09:19 AM
http://img14.photobucket.com/albums/v43/anna66/CowHello.jpg
And welcome to PT GuideDogPuppyRaiser!

I'm Anna & I'm owned by the three in my siggy below.

It sounds like you have a great family! I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of them sometime:D

wolf_Q
05-06-2004, 11:59 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk!! My name is Amy...I have 3 dogs living at my house but they're not all mine lol. Nebo is my dog, he's a siberian husky. My parents dog is Reggie, a schnauzer...and right now my sister's schnauzer, Sydney, is also living with us.

I hope we get to see pics of your pets soon! This is a great forum, I think you'll like it! :)

GuideDogPuppyRaiser
05-06-2004, 06:46 PM
Thanks everyone for the replies! It is VERY hard to give up a guide dog, but in the long run, after you go to the "graduation ceromony" and you hand your dog over to the blind person, it's all really worth it. I'm in junior high so i'm going to start taking him to school when he's older.

Hi! I'm Kari! I have a yellow labrador named Finn! That's awesome that you're raising Tennyson to be someone's eyes! I LOVE the name, did you choose it? I want to train Finn to be a "Pet Partner" therapy dog.

No, I didn't name Tennyson, but I'm glad you like his name :) Guide Dogs names their whole litters by the same letter, so his brother's name was Templeton, and his sister's name was Twyla. Our retired one's litter was Barkley,(him) his brother, Bob and his sister Barbara. They come up with some pretty weird names so we got lucky this time :rolleyes: :p
Thanks everyone for being so interested......if you want to learn more about guide dogs go to www.guidedogs.com

GuideDogPuppyRaiser
05-06-2004, 06:49 PM
PS. I MIGHT sound familiar to some of you like, WOLF-Q and Goldenrtvrlvr because i used to come on here alot as Flatcoatsrule but then i stoped for a loonnggg time.:p

dappledoxie
05-06-2004, 07:23 PM
Hi! Welcome! I'm Brandy, 20, from NC. I own two dachshunds, can be seen in my sig, I also have a aussie shep named Niki who is staying at my fathers. :D Great to meet you! I admire you for your hard work with the guide dogs!