PDA

View Full Version : Thursday......5/5

RICHARD
05-05-2004, 01:25 PM
Acutally it's the 53rd Thursday but today is the Fifth of May...Cinco de Mayo....

It's a little tribute to the Mexican army for defeating the French Army in the Battle of Puebla..

So much for history...

It's Margarita Time!!

I'm super busy today, so if someone would be so kind as to assist me in pouring drinks today, I would be more than happy to divulge the secrets to making slushies!!:)

davidpizzica
05-05-2004, 01:53 PM
I can sure use my slushie fix today! Want me to give you a hand? My hand is good, my knee isn't. lol

lbaker
05-05-2004, 01:54 PM
* waves hand frantically * memememememe. Just saw a bartender make an "authentic" margarita on the news this morning with lime juice etc instead of sour mix or pre-made margarita "mix". I'll help... gladly. Gee Richard, we haven't been lining up at the door this week have we :rolleyes:

RICHARD
05-05-2004, 01:58 PM
David,

Slushie for all your body parts....DONE!

Laurie,

Aww, thanks!

Let me pour the first one for you!!!!

DONE!!:D

lbaker
05-05-2004, 02:00 PM
nannie nannie boo boo, eat your hearts out Gini, Slick et al :p

trayi52
05-05-2004, 02:11 PM
Wow, the Margarita sounds so good. I'll have one of those.

Hey, how is everyone? David, I'm hoping that knee will be better after you get those next two shots. We can hope!

Laurie, are you doing okay today?:)

davidpizzica
05-05-2004, 02:20 PM
I'm hoping they will!! Meanwhile, a slushie will go good right now.

dukedogsmom
05-05-2004, 02:22 PM
Woo hoo! This is one of my favorite drinks! Love lots of salt around the rim. I've never had a fresh margarita before. If it tastes any better, I won't be able to stand it. I've got a bunch of Mardi Gras beads that I can start handing out(for real, they're in my closet) Got them off Ebay with the intent of selling them and there they sit. So we might as well get some enjoyment out of them. Let's get this party started!
Meant to ask if an all over slushi is similar to a massage? :p

lbaker
05-05-2004, 02:42 PM
Some people are so used to the Margarita Mix kind they think the authentic ones are too sour. I like to add a spash of cointreau or triple sec with the lime juice to take a wee bit of the pucker out ;) After I make this next pitcher I want to head out to the kitchen and start some Chicken Mole and some Chili Rellenos. Wanna help Willie? Hey, where has amoore been hiding? I miss Pandy. Stay off your knee David, Mario will bring your drink over for you (after tasting it to make sure it's OK of course :rolleyes: )

lbaker
05-05-2004, 02:53 PM
_The Road to the Perfect Margarita_
Our journey starts...

1. Fill shaker with broken cubed ice.
2. Squeeze TWO fresh lime wedges into shaker.
3. Savor the fresh lime aroma (AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!)
4. Add 2 oz. Cuervo 1800.
5. Sniff the cork.
6. Add 1/2 oz. of Jose Cuervo White if ya wish (white for bite!).
7. Add 1-1/4 oz. of Roses Lime Juice (accept no substitutes!).
8. Add 1/2 oz. of Bols Triple Sec (nothing but the best!).
9. Add "a splash" of Bols Orange Curaco (shh... secret ingredient).
10. Cover shaker tightly!
11. Shake vigorously.
12. Flip shaker in midair twice (three times if you're a pro).
13. Uncover shaker and savor the flavor!
14. Rim glass with Lime peel (outside only!).
15. Salt the outside only.
16. Add fresh ice.
17. Strain mixture over ice.
18. Squeeze in 1 lime wedge and toss rind over left shoulder.
19. Now kick back, turn up the tunes and enjoy!

momoffuzzyfaces
05-05-2004, 03:00 PM
Just a read slushie thingy for me along with some nachos!!! Oh, and 4 catnip teas on the rocks for the cats. It's in the 80s here! Life is GOOD!!!:D

davidpizzica
05-05-2004, 03:35 PM
Thank you Mario! Do I tip you?

QueenScoopalot
05-05-2004, 03:47 PM
I already got started before hubby left for work. He went to Mexico for his mom's funeral of sorts in January and a neice of his smuggled back some booze (tequila of sorts) made with peyote cactus. I can't spell it, and neither can mensa hubby, but it sounds like rye-see-ya. With a mixer it makes for one heck of a buzz. I think Marios here.....he wants to grope that cat that's up for adoption...the odd looking one that the neighbors wife is scared of. Song in my head...ya put the lime in the coconut and drink it all up..TGIT! OOps..TGIW! Jan

Miss Meow
05-05-2004, 04:03 PM
Laurie, that recipe sounds so good I'll take two!

Oh, and a bottle of orange curacao for the road (now that I have you dirty little secret! ;))

RICHARD
05-05-2004, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by lbaker
nannie nannie boo boo, eat your hearts out Gini, Slick et al :p

HEY!

No taunting the patrons!!;)

Tray,

Margarita for you, Mexican beer for Mario!

DONE!

David,

Two for you. hold one against your knee...;)
I'll tip Mario for you....

Mario,

Here's your tip!
Don't bet on the Dodgers!!

DONE!

DDM,

What do I have to do for some beads?:eek:

DONE!;)

Laurie....

LOL, Just wait until JULY!!!

DONE!

MOFF,

One margie, some nachos, 4 catnip teas (hi boys!)
and some Sun block......15 SPF:D

DONE!

Queen,

My dad had made a trip to Mexico and brought back a bottle of 75 year old Tequila.....they had given it to him as a special present.
He got to LAX and were were carrying out his luggage when BOOM! my brother dropped the carry on......the whole terminal stunk of booze....and I wanted to find a cup to catch the drips..
My dad was a good sport and laughed it off.......I didn't, I wanted a taste!!!!;)

Peyote?

http://www.peyote.org/

I'll be over after work....;)

DONE!

MM,

You got it!

DONE!

davidpizzica
05-05-2004, 04:22 PM
AHHHH! thanks for helping out an old man! Dodgers vs Pirates This weekend let's see what happens.

QueenScoopalot
05-05-2004, 05:15 PM
I knew I spelled tequila wrong...too much peyote in the stuff I guess. Geesh still feeling the effects 4 hours later. But as far as I know you only go around once. :p That must have been quite a scene at the LAX...you should have run to the nearest concession stand and grabbed a straw! SLURPPP!!:D

gini
05-05-2004, 05:58 PM
Laurie, dang it all, why didn't you put the words

PUT LID ON TIGHT

in really BIG letters.

This fool was going for the fourth flip in the air...........and you guessed it..................guess I won't take up bartending as a real profession.

Mario, get your paws OUT of David's drink.........and I would suggest that you sit on the "other knee".

Darn....all of that good booze - all over the floor - RASCAL, ANNIE, EMMA - NO!!!

Gotta go................

davidpizzica
05-05-2004, 06:06 PM
The right knee, Mario! THE RIGHT KNEE! OUCH!

RICHARD
05-05-2004, 06:19 PM
I think for tomorrow we'll have a taco bar for lunch...

Corn and flour tortillas, some 'carnitas'-little meat, guacamole, cilantro, diced onions, tomato..
Fresh salsa, some green salsa.............

Ice cold drinks....we can set up on the patio....

Methinks that the winter chills have finally gone!

:D
---------------

Oh,
The last three nights I have been livid....someone in the neighborhood fires up the BBQ around 8 o'clock....

The most wonderful smell in the world is cathing the neighbors grilling meat (you can smell the seasoning and marinades.....)

It make my mouth water just thinking about it....

trayi52
05-05-2004, 06:27 PM
ya put the lime in the coconut and drink it all up..Oh darn, Jan, now you got me singing that song. I really think everyone should cover your ears, because I can't sing in the first place, and I have a case of laryngitis, all I can do is squeak.

Debbie (Sirrahbed) been calling me squeakie, LOL!

Mario, do be careful and don't hurt David's knee, you know you can't jump up and down on his leg like that!

lbaker
05-05-2004, 06:46 PM
I think I'll make a special Margarita for Slick without the anti-pucker additive.. me thinks Slick might like the *pucker* heh heh

With a hey nonnie nonnie
And a hot cha cha

Let's put some Santana on the jukebox! Tomorrows buffet table sounds great. I'll make some flan for desert. Maybe spiced with a little peyote :eek: Oh dear, I'm probably in trouble again.
Gini, one should assume you would either put the lid on tightly or hold it with the other hand * silly woman *

MARIO! You look so silly with that Mexican hat on. You silly boy :rolleyes: But Richard, those castanettes (sp?) are a marvelous touch.
If someone (Catlady?) hangs a Pinatta (sp again) we are ALL in trouble :eek:

captain
05-05-2004, 06:49 PM
Me, Me ................... I will have a margherita please!!!

Bring on the dancing boys ..........:eek:

lbaker
05-05-2004, 06:54 PM
Queen, he can be a cheeky little thing can't he.. but he does have good taste in women ;)

QueenScoopalot
05-05-2004, 07:03 PM
OK..I'm still stupid at this stuff guys...Willie has been my coach. I couldn't post Homer Simpson's song, so I'll try this one.

RICHARD
05-05-2004, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by captain

Bring on the dancing boys ..........:eek:

DONE!

Laurie,

The mexican hat is a sombrero, the hat of the mexican charro....It's usually a very ornate-

mario, mario!!!! MARIO!

Laurie, Tray........HELP....

http://www.lowcountrynow.com/images/102502/full_monkey2.jpg

Who's dog is that????

trayi52
05-05-2004, 07:11 PM
Jan, QueenScoopalot wanted me to post this video for her, hope it works, it is hilarious!

trayi52
05-05-2004, 07:12 PM
Please click on that and see if it worked.

captain
05-05-2004, 07:15 PM
It worked, it worked!!!
I used Media Player 9

ROTFL - I saw that awhile ago, and forgot how funny it was!!!

QueenScoopalot
05-05-2004, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by captain

Bring on the dancing boys ..........:eek: ROFLMAO at the Dancing boys!!! When hubby goes away for a weekend or whatever..I tell him "call me before he gets home so I can wipe the footprints off the coffee table, and get the dancing boys out"!!:D :D :D Sorry to say..all i have dancing on my coffee table is cats giving me the "one eyed salute"!:rolleyes:

trayi52
05-05-2004, 07:19 PM
Jan, it worked! Blessed be! This calls for a beer.

Hey Richard, let Mario watch that video, that should keep him busy for awhile. Of couse, please keep your car key hid, or Mario will want to try this in somebodys car!:eek:

Jan, I have laughed so hard at that video, it is so funny!:D

QueenScoopalot
05-05-2004, 07:20 PM
THANKS WILLIE!! Now for the next one that I totally botched....drum roll please..Mexican por favor!

RICHARD
05-05-2004, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by trayi52
Jan, it worked! Blessed be! This calls for a beer.

Hey Richard, let Mario watch that video, that should keep him busy for awhile. Of couse, please keep your car key hid, or Mario will want to try this in somebodys car!:eek:

Jan, I have laughed so hard at that video, it is so funny!:D

DONE!

Before I forget, it's a mexican cowboy hat.....

MARIO!!!!! Leave the animals alone!!

trayi52
05-05-2004, 07:31 PM
Okay, here is something else that belongs to Jan, It is CUTE. Heres to you Homer Simpson!
-(-(--_
/ ( ( \ DO RE MI BEER, by Homer J. Simpson.
| |
| |
| __ __)
| / \/ \ DOUGH... the stuff... that buys mebeer...
/\/\ (o )o ) RAY..... the guy that sells me beer...
/c \__/ --. ME...... the guy... who drinks the beer,
( ) FAR..... the distance to my beer
\_ _-------' SO...... I think I'll have a beer...
| / \ LA...... La la la la la la beer
| | '\_______) TEA..... no thanks, I'm drinking beer...
| \_____) That will bring us back to...
|_____ | (Looks into an empty glass)
|______/\/\
/ \ D'oh!

trayi52
05-05-2004, 07:35 PM
Oh, darn that don't look right! Maybe as an attachment.....

QueenScoopalot
05-05-2004, 08:04 PM
Thank you Willie! I saw Homer...or else it's still that "ricilla'" or however ya spell it! YAY A NEW SONG TO SING! Jan:)

catnapper
05-05-2004, 08:23 PM
heee hee I liked the Homer song!

I'm gonna admit something... I've never had a margherita before... can I have one to match my stained hands? They're red and I can't get them clean!

QueenScoopalot
05-05-2004, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by catnapper
heee hee I liked the Homer song!

I'm gonna admit something... I've never had a margherita before... can I have one to match my stained hands? They're red and I can't get them clean! Easy does it! One gorgeous sunset red margharita coming up! YUMMY! The "Tidy Bowl" colored ones are yummy too...RICHARD!...get mixing! I'll have an 1800!

trayi52
05-05-2004, 08:30 PM
Catnapper, what happen to your hands!!??

The Margarita was yummy, make me one while your making them.

Where is Mario? Is he still doing the mexican hat dance?:confused:

G.P.girl
05-05-2004, 08:46 PM
i'll take a very large glass of water please. i'm drinking a big tall glass of water every half hour today because we have our first track meet tomorrow. i'm really mervous, but i'm excited too.

lol! i love that picture of the dog and monkey! .....where's mario?

davidpizzica
05-05-2004, 08:50 PM
With that mexican hat, Mario is jumping on my good knee! A margharita sounds REAL GOOD, but Mario is cut off!

catnapper
05-05-2004, 09:11 PM
tray, I was staining a tbale with "water based" stain that's supposed to be "easy cleanup" ha! I have scrubbed and scrubbed and my hands are still "Rosewood" - aka red.

May I have another margherita... that was rather yummy!

QueenScoopalot
05-05-2004, 09:23 PM
tray, I was staining a tbale with "water based" stain that's supposed to be "easy cleanup" ha! I have scrubbed and scrubbed and my hands are still "Rosewood" - aka red.

May I have another margherita... that was rather yummy! Tequila's hittin' ya fine I see! LOL!

Miss Meow
05-05-2004, 09:25 PM

May I have another margherita... that was rather yummy!

Try nail polish remover - it works on most things I spill on myself :) but don't drop any in your margarita!

catnapper
05-05-2004, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Miss Meow
Try nail polish remover - it works on most things I spill on myself :) but don't drop any in your margarita!

Gee... I'll keep that in mind! I am feeling reather lightheaded already! Alcohol goes straight to my head.

davidpizzica
05-06-2004, 01:55 AM
I just had a thought(boy thinking hurts!)Do you think margheta injections would help the knee? I guess it won't hurt!

Logan
05-06-2004, 12:28 PM
It's Thursday, so where are you all? I want a drink!!!! :p

RICHARD
05-06-2004, 12:34 PM

I'm gonna admit something... I've never had a margherita before... can I have one to match my stained hands? They're red and I can't get them clean!

NEVER?

Just don't blame me when you start ordering them at a restaurant.....;)

Red hands??

Before you start take any liquid dish soap, put a bunch on your hands, rub it in thoroughly. Do what you have to and you shouldn't have that much of a problem afterwards.

Great for oil changes, too!

DONE!

Queen,

Tidy bowl.....sssshhhhh, don't tell catnapper.

1800??? a true follower!

DONE!

Tray,

Did you get Mario off the dog??:D
DONE!

GP,

With ice? GOOD LUCK!

DONE!

MM,

And that will lead to a manicure!!!

DP,

I can't prescribe any injectable drinks........You'll have to take your medicine by mouth.:D

DONE!

momoffuzzyfaces
05-06-2004, 12:40 PM
This taco bar is great! YUM!!!
Oh, Oh, everyone beware: Mario is in the refried BEANS!:eek: :D

lbaker
05-06-2004, 01:04 PM
Logan, it's been awhile since you've stopped by. I remember though: no brown liquor, no red wine - we have a nice dry white wine, champaign (with or without OJ) or some special margarita's in honor of Cinco de Mayo. What's your pleasure, I'd only too happy to do the honors :cool:

RICHARD
05-06-2004, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Logan
It's Thursday, so where are you all? I want a drink!!!! :p

LOL,

I always post a reply and then see someone that I miss......thanks for catching that, Laurie..

Wanna try a Margie?

DONE!

MOFF,

Did he wash his hands after the dog ride?

gini
05-06-2004, 01:16 PM
Margarita -ville here I am.

Richard, your menu today is one of my all time favorites.

I love carnitas and corn tortillas with some salsa and cilantro...yumm. That might be a good idea for the BBQ in July.

Logan, welcome...........come on over and sit down, let me tell you what Mario has been doing or undoing.

Laurie, your recipe suggested you flip the shaker in the air three times............the only way I could hang on to it is if I flipped too.
Well, maybe I have

:D :D

Is it time to eat yet?

RICHARD
05-06-2004, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by gini

Richard, your menu today is one of my all time favorites.

I love carnitas and corn tortillas with some salsa and cilantro...yumm. That might be a good idea for the BBQ in July.

Is it time to eat yet?

COME AND GET IT..

Don't forget the flour tortillas!!!

:D

lbaker
05-06-2004, 01:31 PM
Richard, always glad to watch your back - * does her best Groucho Marx imitation * "... and a very nice back it is" Where's Slick? Did the comanchero's grab her :eek:

Logan
05-06-2004, 01:32 PM
A Margarita will be wonderful! Thank you, Laurie and Richard!!! :) Don't forget to salt the glass!!!! :)

Gini, I'm on my way. :p

momoffuzzyfaces
05-06-2004, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD

MOFF,

Did he wash his hands after the dog ride? Yep, he washed them then stuck them into the refried beans. He is wearing as many beans as he ate. Doesn't he look cute with refried beans in his hair?:D

lbaker
05-06-2004, 01:54 PM
Watch out MOFF, last time Slick tried to give him a bath after eating beans he ended up in a bubble bath, and I don't mean soap bubbles if you know what I mean :o :rolleyes:

davidpizzica
05-06-2004, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
NEVER?

Just don't blame me when you start ordering them at a restaurant.....;)

Red hands??

Before you start take any liquid dish soap, put a bunch on your hands, rub it in thoroughly. Do what you have to and you shouldn't have that much of a problem afterwards.

Great for oil changes, too!

DONE!

Queen,

Tidy bowl.....sssshhhhh, don't tell catnapper.

1800??? a true follower!

DONE!

Tray,

Did you get Mario off the dog??:D
DONE!

GP,

With ice? GOOD LUCK!

DONE!

MM,

And that will lead to a manicure!!!

DP,

I can't prescribe any injectable drinks........You'll have to take your medicine by mouth.:D

DONE! Well, Richard, I guess I'll have to take it by mouth like a MAN!!

RICHARD
05-06-2004, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by david p
Well, Richard, I guess I'll have to take it by mouth like a MAN!!
There ya go!!!:D

momoffuzzyfaces
05-06-2004, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by lbaker
Watch out MOFF, last time Slick tried to give him a bath after eating beans he ended up in a bubble bath, and I don't mean soap bubbles if you know what I mean :o :rolleyes: Ah, yes! I seem to remember that! He had a 'certain air' about him for days, so did the bar! Maybe I can just give him a quick wash off with a cloth.:eek: :D

trayi52
05-06-2004, 03:56 PM
I think a nice cold beer sounds good right now, it is so hot here today. So the colder the better.

I remember that 'bubble bath', bubble everywhere and clothespins for everybody's nose!

Mario, please don't eat so many of those refried beans! I don't think anybody brought any beano with them today. :eek:

Willie :D

davidpizzica
05-06-2004, 04:02 PM
Whew! Mario just came over to me, and I think he had one refried bean TOO MANY!!!:eek: :eek:

RICHARD
05-06-2004, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
Ah, yes! I seem to remember that! He had a 'certain air' about him for days, so did the bar! Maybe I can just give him a quick wash off with a cloth.:eek: :D

MOFF,

You are always quick to help out in here, for that, we are forever thankful.

But, there really isn't anything you an do about the methane...:eek:

Tray,

Beer and Beano???

DONE!

David,

The bean that broke the primate's back (end).:D

QueenScoopalot
05-06-2004, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by david p
Whew! Mario just came over to me, and I think he had one refried bean TOO MANY!!!:eek: :eek: Handing out matches for everyone! Light up a few and the methane stench around here will vanish instantly! Just be sure to blow the match out fast before the smell kills us all! Works great in public restrooms too. ;) I haven't thought of what I want to drink yet. Something like a frozen strawberry daiquiri sounds good though! :D No whipped cream on top though, it grosses me out.

RICHARD
05-06-2004, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by QueenScoopalot
Handing out matches for everyone! Light up a few and the methane stench around here will vanish instantly!

Something like a frozen strawberry daiquiri sounds good though! :D No whipped cream on top though, it grosses me out.

LOLOL,

Methane is kinda explosive, be careful....

Straw Daq.......no cow.

Done!

davidpizzica
05-06-2004, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by QueenScoopalot
Handing out matches for everyone! Light up a few and the methane stench around here will vanish instantly! Just be sure to blow the match out fast before the smell kills us all! Works great in public restrooms too. ;) I haven't thought of what I want to drink yet. Something like a frozen strawberry daiquiri sounds good though! :D No whipped cream on top though, it grosses me out. Good idea! But do you think it will work with Mario??

QueenScoopalot
05-06-2004, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by sirrahbed
Dang! It's hot in the other "Child - Pet Soul" thread here! What is good and COLD here? Have any Southern Comfort? QUICK!!! Yes chaos has errupted on the "Child" thread. But I figured out your unique sounding user names anyway! :) Richard will pour you a shot or two of Southern Comfort...I can't even smell it without having my stomach churn. Memories....ughhh. :rolleyes:

RICHARD
05-06-2004, 05:35 PM
Here's the bottle on the bar.:D

David,

Just don't let him hold the match.:D

trayi52
05-06-2004, 05:38 PM
Oh, my please don't give Mario any matches! He can light them, no kidding! There will be explosions going on everywhere! Lost and found would never be the same, though it might not hurt it either........

I figured you and your girls out here while back, Debbie. I used, sirrahbed, was you the mother, with a b, then your daughter, sirrahsim, different name at the end, because she is married, and sirrahved, as your daughter in love as you said, which is very sweet, by the way. Anyway, I have to use a system to be able to remember things.

Richard, I'll take the beer, but please give Mario the beano and beer.;)

Willie

catland
05-06-2004, 05:44 PM
Hi everyone. Bartender, can I have a margarita with a sangria swirl?

The food bar is great today. Anyone want one of Marcy's "Tacos"?

lbaker
05-06-2004, 05:46 PM
Southern Comfort :eek: hasn't anyone learned anything from Janis? Oh, I think we covered this once. Oh Lord, wont you buy me, a color TV, dialing for dollars, is trying to find me... etc um, um, just thought of something else I wanted to add but seem to have forgotten.. brain f@rt.. oh well :rolleyes:

trayi52
05-06-2004, 05:50 PM
I just thought of something. Has anybody seen Corinna? I haven't seen her here at all. I miss Corinna. Has she went on vacation or what?:confused:

RICHARD
05-06-2004, 05:51 PM

Richard, I'll take the beer, but please give Mario the beano and beer.;)

Willie

OH MY,
Sorry, the Beano was for mario!!

Two beers, no matches!
DONE:p

Catland,

You got it!!!

DONE!

Laurie,

You and slick can karoake in July!!

trayi52
05-06-2004, 05:54 PM
Yeah, I'll let you know if I get to needing the beano!!!;)

lbaker
05-06-2004, 06:01 PM
Karaoke in July :eek: Richard, you have no idea of the Mario Clone Slick gave me in Seattle.. you just wait.. this little clone boy got me some free beer on the flight (flight attendent adored him). I expect to bring him on every trip I go on from now on! OK, now I seem to remember what I wanted to... hmmm, NO - lost in the ozone again :rolleyes:

trayi52
05-06-2004, 06:02 PM
Well Debbie, I got the name right anyway! But that is a better system, much easier to remember, now you tell me after I went to all te trouble to figure you guys out and there was an easier way!! I always take the hard way!!

But yes, Mario sort of lives with Grover, when he comes in the house, him and Grover are usually found in the hall playing together, and when they see me they scatter, like they think I don't want them to play together.

RICHARD
05-06-2004, 07:00 PM
Who the heck is Mario - I am slow DUH - is he real and does he really live with Grover?:confused:

You guys are lighting f@rts or what? Beano?

The question should be, "Is Richard FOR real?"

And we are not experimenting with methane;)

catnapper
05-06-2004, 07:15 PM
Watching Friends Finale and ralized I need something to wake me up! :D

Pass the Beano over hear when you're done... hubby always could use one or two of them!

lbaker
05-06-2004, 07:19 PM
Is Richard for Real or is he in Miami? That's an old song from somewhere - Lost in the ozone again. I'm lost in the ozone ageein... Gonna lay around the track - till that MAIL train comes back, and I'm lost in that ozone agin
I was gonna edit this but I figgered what the hey :rolleyes:

Corinna
05-06-2004, 07:58 PM
Glad to know I was missed ! with all the food didn't think anyone would notice. Had a long day and night work and my business didn't get home till 10:30 pm last night to pooped to even turn on the computer. Long day to day too had a migraine at work finally got rid of it about 1 just as the boss left and left me in charge.
Hubby took pity on me took me out for dinner.
I guess i missed a thread whats this about Debbie and their screen names?
Hello Mario !! I understand your going to take a cowboy bubble bath a gain. Boy do you need it.
Why did some noe have to start that song again now its stuck in my head Put the lime in the cocanut oh man I guess I need a diet lime coke please. No more headache for me this week.

trayi52
05-06-2004, 09:27 PM
Oh good, Corinna, I am so glad you are here! I was wondering where the heck you were. I missed you and I know Mario was missing you.

What do you want to drink? I'll join you, I am so happy now.

Willie:D

davidpizzica
05-06-2004, 09:47 PM
After those refried beans, Mario let go and the wallpaper started to come off the walls!! After this, even I can use some southern comfort lol:eek:

davidpizzica
05-06-2004, 09:55 PM
well hera ya go david, no slushie but Richard just left me the whole bottle earlier - a little left! so..a new way to remove wallpaper? I have been thinking of redecorating... I wouldn't recommend THAT method of removing wallpaper, but you can try it! Thanks for saving some SC for me.

leslie flenner
05-06-2004, 10:27 PM
I just got here- I believe jan is nursing an awful tequila head but I figured she'd be over it by now. have thursdays changed to weds.?
southern comfort- ACK!!! Reminds me of younger days! That crap jan was sipping on- OH MY GOD that stuff smelled like hangover in a bottle. just smelling it- ickkkkkk. I starting gagging with one small sniff. My mexican co-worker says tequila is not made from peyote so what is jan talking about? Have to ask mensa husband!!!

trayi52
05-06-2004, 11:11 PM
I want beer, beer, and more beer! Like I said it has been such a hot day. A beer would be so fine.

Is Mario asleep? David, did Mario drink enough beer to put him to sleep?

Where is Jan? Jan! Where you be, woman!!?

Corinna
05-06-2004, 11:13 PM
Ok I'll take your word for it on the thread . If it is the one your daughter started so innocently after my post I decided it was a dead thread for me. Too many people get to hyped out on others opinions.
The good news of the week is that I no longer (as of this coming Monday ) will be the bosses mule , one of the snowbird couples will arrive to start. He is to be the feight hauler now YAHOOOOOO.
It did help build up the flabby arms , but I'll go gladly back to 3# weights as i walk in the evening.
Just so you guys know that in about 2 weeks we start the work scheduale as we will be open . Then I have Thursdays and Fridays off so I can be here as I did in the winter. Just opening the store I have worked Mon-Fri 8- 4:30 takes a half hour or More to get home(longer some days due to construction all 20 miles to and from work). I could never leave her Dicks place is the most comady releief I get all week. :D :D
I just watched Calendar girls If you haven't seen it get it . I laught so hard it is better than cocoon! My mom and godmom went to see it in the theater told me i had to see it so I bought it yesterday. Any woman over 40 should see it .

GP girl how did you do on your track meet?

leslie flenner
05-06-2004, 11:17 PM
likely tequiled out! from last night! why are thursdays on weds. now!? It messes people up!

Corinna
05-06-2004, 11:21 PM
It is Thursday in England before America so we start for them. (sopposed to be the answer but I think we all just can't wait to see Mario and Richard do the Mario and Richard show . They need to take it on the road. I'd pay to see it.

leslie flenner
05-06-2004, 11:26 PM
so what day is it now? (I be confused).!!!!

trayi52
05-06-2004, 11:27 PM
I would pay too, Corinna! Those two are so funny together! I wonder if Mario went home with Richard tonight to play with Eddie?

Corinna
05-06-2004, 11:36 PM
Leslie It is thursday here in the USA in 2 hours my time (mountain standasd) it will be Friday.
Willie ; that is a scary thought Richard and Mario Poor Eddie he will be looking to figure out how to run to grannies agian this summer.:D

trayi52
05-06-2004, 11:39 PM
OMG, that is a funny, and scarey thought!!!!:eek:

Corinna
05-06-2004, 11:43 PM
I guess i had better sign off I have a full day tommorrow . Boss will be late coming in so I have to get everyone going. I'll check in to see if Mario turns up.
How is the daughters wedding plans going? I will pm you the horrior story going on in ours Will tell you tommorrow after I get home from work. Nighty night.

davidpizzica
05-07-2004, 01:45 AM
I want beer, beer, and more beer! Like I said it has been such a hot day. A beer would be so fine.

Is Mario asleep? David, did Mario drink enough beer to put him to sleep?

Where is Jan? Jan! Where you be, woman!!? He fell asleep on the floor in front of me! I picked him up and put him on the sofa. He's snoring.

trayi52
05-07-2004, 01:58 AM
LOL, Beer always does him that way. When we want to calm him down in here, and keep him out of the lost and found, we give a beer or two.

Poor baby, he looks so cute when he is sleeping.

davidpizzica
05-07-2004, 02:05 AM
LOL, Beer always does him that way. When we want to calm him down in here, and keep him out of the lost and found, we give a beer or two.

Poor baby, he looks so cute when he is sleeping. He does snore pretty loud!!

Corinna
05-07-2004, 07:38 AM
"whispering" Mario wake lets sneak out for an omlet before anyone (louder) good morning all . Mario and I were just going to make up some omlets any one in for it. well I can't stay long work ya know but Mario and I are enjoying a ham and cheese one before I go. "Hey the cheese is really stringy be careful guy. "
Hope every one has a great day! I'll be back this evening. Bye oh mario hunny you can't go with me ,I know you would work harder than some people I work with but Uncle Richard and uncle David need to here to help them in the bar. 9Kisses Marios head and exits the bar)

QueenScoopalot
05-07-2004, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by leslie flenner
likely tequiled out! from last night! why are thursdays on weds. now!? It messes people up! Actually Jan's just fine! No hangover from that nasty tequila (Ryseeya whatever it's called). Much too much to do around here. Like give Gaggy...I mean Maggie a bath and fur cut. Now I could use something stiff to iron out my sore back! There wasn't much tequila in that tiny bottle, and I shared. :D And this stuff does reportedly have peyote in it.:eek: Happy Friday to all! :cool: :) :cool:

lbaker
05-07-2004, 09:26 AM
coffee. must have coffee. right now. lysol sure has a strong odor - blech - but this floor needs it. lift up your feet you dang monkey, if you're not gonna help at least git outta da way * mutter mutter * oh stop pouting, it's just me. come on over here you big galoot... i'm sorry. gimme kiss and i'll share some cereal with you. WHAT! beer on your wheaties :eek: i don't think so :rolleyes:

gini
05-07-2004, 10:03 AM
Good morning...............I was roaming around the "Dog House"
posts and all I could think of was to "high tail" it over to Thursdays.

It must be something in the air...........because every few months someone must get up in a huff and leave. But they don't leave without putting the finishing touches on some blistering comments in their posts.

Come on over here Mario - you monkey with the soul of a giant.........tell me how your morning is going so far..........awww, Laurie wouldn't give you a beer huh?

Fallon
05-07-2004, 10:50 AM
mmmm recipe. lol.

momoffuzzyfaces
05-07-2004, 12:30 PM
Could I get a large cherry vanilla coke, please?
I have a headache from all the 'gas problems'. Not just Mario putting on airs. Our local gasoline has gone up another 10 cents this week. We are now at $1.95 for regular. I know that's still lower than many parts of the country but for us, it's awful. Especially for us on lower incomes. I wish I could still ride a bicycle!:D

RICHARD
05-07-2004, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
Could I get a large cherry vanilla coke, please?
I have a headache from all the 'gas problems'. Not just Mario putting on airs. Our local gasoline has gone up another 10 cents this week. We are now at $1.95 for regular. I know that's still lower than many parts of the country but for us, it's awful. Especially for us on lower incomes. I wish I could still ride a bicycle!:D

I feel your pain.....2.13 a gallon this morning..

Large CVC...DONE!

For the record!

Tequila is made from the Maguey cactus. The farmers take out the core of the cactus....the "pulque" weeps into the area that they hollow out.....it's distilled and Voila'!!!!

Headache in a bottle!!

trayi52
05-07-2004, 01:38 PM
I think I need some coffee, I just now woke up! For real, I got up early got my grandson off to school, went back to bed. My husband came in and ask was I going to sleep all day. I said no, he said its after 1, and I no its not! But it was!!

Yikes, what did I do?? Drink to much beer? :confused: I have never slept that long!

So coffee, if there is any left from the moring.

Oh, belated good moring to all. Mario, why didn't you wake me, baby?

gini
05-07-2004, 01:59 PM
Willie, here is some coffee for you. If you slept that long, you must have needed it.

We have been keeping an eye on Mario for you - heavens is that boy active.

For "real" I went out last evening and had carnitas, salsa, guacamole with corn tortillas. Richard put the idea into my head and my mouth watered all day thinking about it.

RICHARD
05-07-2004, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by gini

For "real" I went out last evening and had carnitas, salsa, guacamole with corn tortillas. Richard put the idea into my head and my mouth watered all day thinking about it.

Lord help us.....

I'm going down to the bank and tell people that it would be a great idea to give me their money!!
:cool:

Corinna
05-07-2004, 08:44 PM
Sounds like the day was slow . Willie 1 pm?!!! a You must have needed it.

trayi52
05-07-2004, 09:07 PM
Corinna, I couldn't believe I had slept that late! I looked at the clock and thought it said 11, and when Jimmy said it was 1, I just couldn't believe it. I guess I was seeing a double 1! I was very suprised.

I guess I must have needed it, I usally sleep until about 11, stay up until 2 or 3 in the morning talking to my daughter. She comes in late because she works until closing at Mcdonalds. I wait up for her to come home. I don't know what I will do when she gets married, I am wondering if I will be able to sleep at all!

Oh well, maybe I'll get used to it one of these days.

QueenScoopalot
05-07-2004, 10:07 PM
Sleep is good Willie! ;) I'm not one to sleep much past 9 AM...even with a tequila hangover. :D I had a rather funny sight in the front hall earlier. Carmen the iguana decided to play her Houdini act again, and slip out of her tank. She was wandering around the hall with the cats in hot pursuit of her longgggg tail. She uses it like a whip however, and whacks them good. :eek: I herded her into the back room so the dogs wouldn't harrass her. I was off doing things, and checked a half hour later....she was back in her tank! :) Smart lizard was giving me the "hint, hint" that I forgot to fix her breakfast! I fixed her her favorites of greens, bananas, grapes, squash etc. and the good girl stayed put! Maybe it was the tequila she consumed while on the prowl? I think I may have spotted Mario dashing through the house. Or a hallucination? :eek:

trayi52
05-07-2004, 10:16 PM
I wouldn't be a bit suprised, Mario may have been playing with Carmen! Sounds like Carmen is one smart iguana. Wow!

Willie

QueenScoopalot
05-07-2004, 10:20 PM
Lizard back riding! :D He's a smart one that Mario..he holds Carmen's tail so he doesn't get an a** whoopin'!

Corinna
05-07-2004, 10:20 PM
Wish I had such smart critters. So glad its Friday we had a long day at work.
I just pmed you willie.

trayi52
05-07-2004, 10:43 PM
I got it Corinna. Thanks.

I guess Mario learned the hard way that those tails can be harmful to your health!

Willie:)