PDA

View Full Version : A few updates on my little cousin Rhian(with cancer)

DogLover9501
05-05-2004, 10:46 AM
Im glad you all kept our family, and Rhian and her parents in your thoughts and prayers, love you all!

Well, I think I mentioned that she may have to get an operation, as she has a spot of cancer still there, and it is between her "two parts below" is what I will use right now, and to take it out they would have to go "up through her" is what they use, and she may not be able to have kids--which isn't what they worried about.

The doctors actually told them about a little boy who had to same thing, and when they opened him up it spread through him and he died, thats all they told them, they did NOT tell them about any success story, only that sad one.

So they actually don't know what to do, they are scared for her to get the operation done, but they are also scared to just leave it, so I think I would take the risk...Im sure what happened to that little boy doesnt happen all the time.

She could still use some prayers and thoughts! This may be a long road for her, and we all thought this was going to be simple as the rest of it went away so fast and she was doing so good, but nothing goes that well ;) So they're facing this operation debate :(

BitsyNaceyDog
05-05-2004, 11:17 AM
I am so sorry for your cousin. This is the first I've heard about it. She and your family will all be in my prayers. How scary for her. How old is she?

DogLover9501
05-05-2004, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by KBlaix
How old is she?

She is about 15 months old :(

Logan
05-05-2004, 03:17 PM
Robyn, this is so distressing to read, and I know your family is so concerned. I will pray for them to have the strength to make a sound decision about Rhian's surgery, and for wisdom for her doctors as well. And of course, your family, you and baby Rhian, will continuously be in my thoughts and prayers.

Logan

ramanth
05-05-2004, 03:19 PM
Prayers and healing vibes for your cousin.

ChrisH
05-05-2004, 04:02 PM
Robyn, thank you for the update. I will continue to keep baby Rhian and all the family in my prayers.

Chris

DogLover9501
05-07-2004, 03:16 PM
Thanks everyone, you are all the greatest ;) I will keep you updated!