PDA

View Full Version : For the Single PTers

catnapper
05-05-2004, 09:19 AM
Here's a list of the top ten best and worst cities to find your mate! :D

http://houseandhome.msn.com/move/BestCitiesforDating.aspx

cloverfdx
05-06-2004, 07:18 AM
Just checking it out now. I bet my city is on the top of the list for worst. ;)

Edit, and then i look and it is U.S.A only. :( ;)

lbaker
05-06-2004, 07:28 AM
I guess if you're young and single and into the "scene" it would be helpful, but when you're past a certain age, a widow and the only scene into is the one of the dogs and/or cats playing it doesn't really matter ;) Maybe the younguns will find it interesting.

moosmom
05-06-2004, 06:38 PM
Worst place to find a mate - Detroit. Oh great, my ship'll come in and I'lll be at the train station!! :( Story of my life!!

lbaker,

I guess if you're young and single and into the "scene" it would be helpful, but when you're past a certain age, a widow and the only scene into is the one of the dogs and/or cats playing it doesn't really matter Maybe the younguns will find it interesting.

I'm with you! I've done the bar scene, the laundromat, the grocery store, playgrounds (no, not looking to cradle rob, but looking for single Dads), you name it! I've stopped looking.

dukedogsmom
05-06-2004, 09:30 PM
I just found a good site and it's similar to eharmony but it's free. www.okcupid.com It seems to be a good site. I've signed up and already sent a few messages

moosmom
05-07-2004, 02:50 PM
Dukedogsmom,

I signed up for okaycupid.com. I got an e-mail today and couldn't believe my eyes!! :eek: Every single guy I was "supposedly" matched with was old enough to be my son or grandson!!!!

*sigh* Oh well. Next!

nibblets
05-07-2004, 03:43 PM
HaHaHa...Look at the location in my display.
You know what? Its TRUE! Absolutely 100% True.

Don't get me wrong...the people in this area of the country are great...but its just not a good place for dating.

Laura's Babies
05-07-2004, 10:33 PM
Who's Looking? NOT ME! Ever heard that saying "The more I see of men, the more I love my cats"?

Being the only woman on a boat with 8 to 9 men, for 28 days at a time... The LAST thing I want to deal with when I am off, is another one! (that is 28 days 24/7)

dukedogsmom
05-08-2004, 06:33 AM
Originally posted by moosmom
Dukedogsmom,

I signed up for okaycupid.com. I got an e-mail today and couldn't believe my eyes!! :eek: Every single guy I was "supposedly" matched with was old enough to be my son or grandson!!!!

*sigh* Oh well. Next!
Yeah and most of mine are in their 20's. Maybe we should change men? :p

davidpizzica
05-08-2004, 06:49 AM
Hi. Donna! Pittsburgh didn't rank too high on that list either. I guess this is for the younger people.

davidpizzica
05-08-2004, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by moosmom
Dukedogsmom,

*sigh* Oh well. Next! Donna, I'll try it and see if I have the same luck!

catnapper
05-08-2004, 06:57 AM
If its any consolation.... I met my hubby from an online dating service!

It was the most fun I've ever had; it was like a great big buffet where you cold pick and choose the type of person you want!

You just need to find the right online dating service.