PDA

View Full Version : Food/Feeding Battle -Help!-

DogLover9501
05-05-2004, 08:20 AM
Well first I should explain this part...

Piddle will NOT eat dog food, he never would, he will not eat anything only little packs of sandwich meat, something cooked, or little cans of ravioli and spagheti, We have tried TONS of things like not feeding him for even a couple days but leaving the dog food there, but he just didn't eat. We also have to HAND feed him the foods he does like and even make him taste it so he will eat it!!!
Piddle also eats WAYYYYYYYYY too many treats, because my mom lets him make a meal out of them.

Then Wiggles only eats those little cans of Cesar gourmet dog food, theres no problem with her.

But Jasper can ONLY eat dog food, and before his alergies he would get lots of treats(cheese, a chip or two when we were eating them, ice cream..etc)

Right now the battle is that we're not sure what to do with him whenever we eat and whenever we need to feed Piddle, My mom is always giving Piddle treats, ice cream, meat...etc and Jasper cannot stay in a room/crate all day so he won't be teased.

I am not sure how to do this, even if we make sure Jasper is full and even TIRED before we eat, he is there right there in our faces.

Really need some help here -Bangs head off desk-

Thanks

aly
05-05-2004, 10:59 AM
You're not going to like this, but you really need to get Piddle eating dog food. Its not healthy for him to eat like that. I know you've tried before, but you should keep trying. You can make a mixture of some of the foods he eats with a little dry dog food to get him used to it a little. Gradually add more dog food and less of the other food he eats until you can get him eating a whole bowl of dog food. If you can't do it, you need to talk with a vet about it.

You also may want to get Wiggles used to eating some dry dog food besides just wet food. Wet food only is very bad for their teeth.

Sorry, I know I didn't answer your question. But I think it is really important to get Piddle and Wiggles onto the right eating track. You can give them some people food in with their dry food, but be sure its something healthy (like carrots). Also, I wouldn't give them ice cream. It isn't good for dogs and cats. They do make special ice cream just for dogs though!

Good luck!