PDA

View Full Version : The trail is dry!!!!

DogLover9501
05-05-2004, 08:01 AM
Since we had Wiggles and Piddle we would let them go loose in this trail in the woods, its a big trail, where 4-wheelers and things could drive, even a little car could probably drive throug!
Well theres never anyone there, its a little loop. We go in the trail a bit then we turn into a differet trail and then a bit further theres a big feild where they run around and play and then we go back a different way and come out the same way.

Well, on Monday the big puddles in the trail were finally dried up and we wanted to try Jasper with the off-leash thing, I had TWO leashes attached to him lol so I could grab him or step on it easily if he wouldnt listen and come back.
:eek: I did NOT need the leashes, he HATED if we were ever out of his sight and would run back, he had sooooo much fun and his tongue was hanging out the entire time, I have NEVER seen him run so fast!!! Wow! And at the end of it all, he even came over for me to put his leash back on ;)

I am so proud of him, we also went again yesterday and he was even better :D

I am going to have pics of it soon, again, in about 19 days when I get my camera:D

anna_66
05-05-2004, 08:37 AM
That's so great to hear:D Glad he was so good!

DogLover9501
05-05-2004, 10:40 AM
:eek: lol I didn't think anyone would reply to this :p as I guess it's pointless, thanks Anna :D

And Im also glad he was so good, hopefully we can go again today but I doubt that--as it's my dads b-day!

FizzGiggs_Mommy
05-05-2004, 10:50 AM
My Max was very good the first time he went "Off Leash" But as he got use to it he wandered more and more from me.

Dont forget to teach him the "Come" command while he is still young.

DogLover9501
05-05-2004, 01:40 PM
Jasper knows the "come" command pretty good, I also thought about that and tested it today.

Jasper LOVES kids so I got Samantha(little girl I babysit) to lay on the floor and even wave his toy in the air, he ran towards her and I told him to "come" and he turned around :eek: I did not expect it to work at all and thought I was wasting my time, he's been surprising me alot lately :D

cloverfdx
05-06-2004, 06:21 AM
That is great Robyn :D And good boy Jasper. You will have so much fun running around leash free with Wiggles and Piddles.

I have done an experiment with Elvis and have been letting him run leash free since he was 8 weeks old and i think it has done him well he will come when he is called and knows that the leash on does not mean we are going home :D (I would not do it with every dog, Just depending on temprement)

Theodore was the same he had a couple of on lead walks and then he went to a long leash then it was no leash at all and he did great also. Penny is not reliable off leash unless we are at the beach. :rolleyes:

And Miss Clover we did not let off leash untill she was 8-9 months old and she was shocking with running off. I should have taught her from day one about off leash rules.

Once again that is great news and i cannot wait to see the photos :D Thankyou for letting us know. *I am grinning from ear to ear at the moment*

DogLover9501
05-06-2004, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by cloverfdx
That is great Robyn :D And good boy Jasper. You will have so much fun running around leash free with Wiggles and Piddles.

Actaully just with Piddle ;) Jasper is VERY rough with Wiggles and the first time we went in there, he kept running and then jumping right on her and making her tumble!!!!! She got VERY scared because he could always catch up to her and spent the entire time in my moms arms.

So, the second day we took Jasper and Piddle(Jasper is afraid of Piddle because since day 1 Piddle's been reminding him who's boss) they had alot of fun! And then we went home and dropped off Jasper and then took Wiggles and Piddle, they had fun too, and Piddle definatly didn't mind going twice ;)