PDA

View Full Version : JUNE No. Calif. Dog Park outing/Potluck Picnic

AmberLee
05-05-2004, 01:28 AM
Okay, it looks like the Northern California Dog Park outing and Potluck Picnic will happen, we just need to figure out when is best for everyone.

Who: Northern Calif. Pet Talkers in easy access to Sunnyvale, CA.

What: Dog Park outing, general get together, pot-luck and barbeque.

Where: Las Palmas Park in Sunnyvale

When: June 2004, but when is what this poll will discover.

Why: for the fun of it all. [Okay, I'm a cat-fancier, but ... for fairness sake, at least one dog park outing instead of our usual cat show outings is only fair...]

AmberLee
05-05-2004, 01:33 AM
Oopsie. I forgot to say that we decided on Sundays because WolfLady really wants to come and she works Saturdays.... [She plans on bringing Preya (sp?) and Mr. WolfLady who is a fan-tab-ulistic bar-b-quer!]

AmberLee
05-05-2004, 01:37 AM
* bump! *

CathyBogart
05-05-2004, 01:55 AM
Sundays are PERFECT! None of them are booked yet as far as I know, so any should be good! :) I'll be there!

NoahsMommy
05-05-2004, 03:05 AM
Maybe I can convince David to drive up for this??? It sounds fun!! :)

krazyaboutkatz
05-05-2004, 11:16 AM
All the dates are good for me except for June 6th because that's the TICA Cat Show in San Jose remember AmberLee. We can't miss that show.;)

Kelly, it sure would be great if you and David could come down for the barbecue.:D

RedHedd
05-05-2004, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by krazyaboutkatz
All the dates are good for me except for June 6th because that's the TICA Cat Show in San Jose remember AmberLee. We can't miss that show.;)
Same here -- I've had that cat show on my calendar for months and do not want to miss it! Any other Sunday is fine, although the 20th is the best for me.

NoahsMommy
05-05-2004, 01:01 PM
I think that June 20th is Father's Day. I know that one wont work out for us...

I'll talk to David tonight about which day we can come up. :)

I've never been to a dog park. Sounds like fun!!

BCBlondie
05-05-2004, 08:22 PM
Any June day works for me.. but I may be busy at the end of the month.. how about the 13th? No one's said they're busy on the 13th yet... :)

krazyaboutkatz
05-05-2004, 11:28 PM
I just looked at my calendar and June 20th is fathers day so I guess that date is also out. The only two that work for me are June 13th or 27th. Hopefully these dates will work for most people.:)

AmberLee
05-08-2004, 09:13 PM
It's starting to sound like the 13th works for most of us. What's the next step? Start counting noses?

krazyaboutkatz
05-09-2004, 01:17 AM
June 13th sounds good to me.:)

krazyaboutkatz
05-16-2004, 04:59 PM
Since the number of votes are highest for June 13th, will this be the day that we'll be having the dog park outing/potluck picnic?

If so we also need to find out how many people will be attending.;)

BCBlondie
05-16-2004, 07:05 PM
I'm going to try to make it.. Sunnyvale is a little far from me (about an hour - hour and a half) and my parents don't want to go that far.. so I'll see if I can get there somehow.. I REALLY want to go.. grr if only I had my license.. >.< but yes, I will definitely try to make it! :D

wolflady
05-18-2004, 11:22 PM
I think the 13th or the 27th would work for me. Really any Sunday except the weekend of the 5th-6th should be fine for me. Just let me know when to bring the burgers!! ;)

**hugs**
Karen

krazyaboutkatz
05-31-2004, 10:18 PM
Okay, I assume that the date is going to be June 13th. Now we need to find out just how many people will be able to attend. So far we have:

AmberLee
krazyaboutkatz- me
Wolflady and her husband- I still need to talk to them to tell them the date and time

AmberLee and I can be there at 10am so we can save a picnic table. We should probably have the barbeque between 12-1pm. Does that sound good for everyone?

AmberLee
06-01-2004, 01:45 PM
Thanks, KAK, for setting this up.

Yes, I'm coming. Right now I'm planning on bringing two salads: tentatively fruit salad and either a lettuce salad or the brocolli salad. I was also thinking of bringing some chips and a dessert.

BCBlondie
06-02-2004, 01:56 AM
Hmm... Still trying to see if I can come.. If I can go, I can bring whatever else needed.. like soda or something..

Also.. hmm.. does anyone live in the east bay area that's going? like the Berkeley/Oakland area? I'm not sure if my parents will be willing to go because they don't like driving to places that are further away than 15 minutes -.-' , but I'd love to bring maybe two of my pups (at least Megan..) to the park, and I also have a digital camera I could take pics at the meeting with.. ^_^ So if anyone lives in my area, let me know! PM me or something..
And it's alright if no one does.. I guess I could just wait till the next meeting.. :(

CathyBogart
06-03-2004, 11:20 PM
I'll be there!

AmberLee
06-04-2004, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by WolfChan
I'll be there!

That's great! Are you coming solo or bringing a date? [We're trying to get a rough nose count...]

AmberLee
06-07-2004, 04:27 PM
*blush* I was informed that I forgot to post the address:

850 Russett Drive
Sunnyvale, CA

or the map (http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?Pyt=Tmap&ed=6vtA2up_0TpulHwY3AKUvn3bDC_F8DE.YXHpm0C6XWcddSd CtjtRb.949c4-&csz=Sunnyvale,+CA+94089&country=us)

The phrase "Las Palmas Park" is printed approximately over the area of the park where the dog park is located. There is off-street parking adjacent to the dog park and there are picnic tables and barbeque pits off to the side.

KAK and I are car-pooling together and plan to arrive 10ish on Sunday.

AmberLee
06-11-2004, 05:22 PM
Current nose count:

Amber
KAK
Wolflady (and precious little Preya)
Don Juan's Mom
WolfChan (and date?)

Possibles:
BCBlondie (transporation problems?)
RedHedd (workload issues)

BCBlondie
06-12-2004, 04:58 AM
Originally posted by AmberLee

Possibles:
BCBlondie (transporation problems?)

I MAY actually be able to make it!!!!!! My mom said she wants to go to the beach Sunday, so I was thinking we could drop by around lunch (whenever you have the picnic running) and then afterwards go to Half Moon Bay or something for the beach...:D I'll bring my camera so I can take pics of the PT meeting...

Is anyone bringing their dogs? Or will Sesh and/or Megan be the only dogs there if I go?

krazyaboutkatz
06-12-2004, 02:27 PM
I just received an e-mail from Wolflady and she won't be able to make it. She was going to be bringing her little dog Priya so unless BCBlondie shows up there won't be any dogs.:(

My cat Sky is more like a cat than a dog and I'm still debating about whether to bring him or not. I'd have to buy a harness for him. If there are going to be large dogs there, I'd hate for him to get scared. What do you think? Should I bring him or not?:confused:

BCBlondie
06-12-2004, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by krazyaboutkatz
If there are going to be large dogs there, I'd hate for him to get scared. What do you think? Should I bring him or not?:confused:
Your kitty would be fine with my doggies if he's not scared of dogs... All of my dogs get along really well with cats. :) Seshy's size might scared your cat if he's not used to dogs.. Sesh isn't large, but he's not a small dog like Megan..

There's a 75% chance I'll make it now.. My mom said it depends on what she's feeling like tomorrow.. She wants to go to the beach too so I'm trying to convince her to go to the picnic so I can meet you guys and then go to the beach after. :)

AmberLee
06-13-2004, 12:48 AM
Whooo-hooo! Less than 12 hours to picnic!

Current nose count:

Amber
KAK (maybe with Sky)
Don Juan's Mom
WolfChan (and date?)

Probables:
BCBlondie (and two sweet furkids?)

Possibles:
RedHedd (workload issues)

Regrets:
Wolflady (and precious little Priya)

I just got off the phone with KAK. We think we are bringing too much food, but... better too much than too little! I hope all that we expect and hope for can make it.

krazyaboutkatz
06-13-2004, 10:47 AM
Yes, AmberLee and I will be there a little after 10am. I'm bringing a rose table cloth to put on the picnic table and I'll also try to make a couple of Pet Talk signs so please look for these.

The menu is:
Kentucky Fried Chicken Original Recipe
Mashed Potatos& Gravy
Biscuits
Baked Beans
Broccoli Salad
Fruit Salad
Some Other Munchies
Banana Cream Pie (From Marie Calendars)
Diet Coke
French Sparkling Lemonade- Regular,Pink,& Berry Flavored
Bottled Water

With all of this food no one should leave feeling hungry.:D

NoahsMommy
06-13-2004, 05:24 PM
How come I live WAY down here??? Hope you are having fun, guys! I want lots of pictures and a full report tonight. :)

AmberLee
06-13-2004, 07:45 PM
We had a small but select turnout -- and LOTS of food.

KAK and I got there a little after ten and snagged a table in the shade near the dogpark.

BCBlondie, her dad, sister, and mom showed up a little later. She brought two adorable dogs. I think the girl Pom was named Megan, and the shy black and white boy ... hmm, I missed his name, sorry. He was a very good boy though. They needed to leave early to get to their second outing of the day at the beach (Half Moon Bay? If so, they had a great afternoon for it.) As they left, Don Juan's Mom showed up and we spent the rest of the afternoon chatting, eating, and some work on a craft project. I hated to see the day come to an end.

Oh, funny story! There was a large party that sort of surrounded us by their very number and one of the young women in their group had a cute chihuahua (spell?) named Princess. Princess' mommy saw the sign that KAK had made about Pet Talk and was excitedly telling the others in her party that Pet Talkers were in the park. KAK and I snatched up our cameras and offered to post pictures of Princess here. She was thrilled. She thought it would be better if one of us were holding Princess, so some of KAK's shots will show a very happy me, cuddling Princess!

Thanks to all who made it such a pleasant day.

*Yep, photos coming*

[b]AmberLee

krazyaboutkatz
06-13-2004, 08:34 PM
Yes, we had a great time and the weather was perfect although it got quite windy towards the late afternoon.:)

Here are some of the better pictures that I took. I had a hard time because it was either very sunny or shady so the pictures aren't the best.

http://img58.photobucket.com/albums/v176/krazyaboutkatz/2eab47c0.jpg
This is BCBlondies dog Seshy. He's very shy towards strangers because he was a rescue that had been abused. While in the dog park he mistook me for one of his family members and actually ran to me. He then realized it was a stranger and cowered. He's a very good boy and also very quiet.
http://img58.photobucket.com/albums/v176/krazyaboutkatz/e2491a93.jpg
This is BCBlondies other dog Megan. She's a pomeranian and a very friendly dog. There's also part of Seshy's head in this pic too.
http://img58.photobucket.com/albums/v176/krazyaboutkatz/00ed3cef.jpg
This is BCBlondies dad on the left and BCBlondie on the right with Megan and Seshy and a Rottweiler that's trying to play with them.
http://img58.photobucket.com/albums/v176/krazyaboutkatz/853c5156.jpg
Here's me, AmberLee, and BCBlondie holding Megan and Seshy sitting on the ground.
More pictures coming up.:)

krazyaboutkatz
06-13-2004, 08:39 PM
http://img58.photobucket.com/albums/v176/krazyaboutkatz/d1f6f2aa.jpg
Here AmberLee is holding Princess. She's such a sweetheart.:)

http://img58.photobucket.com/albums/v176/krazyaboutkatz/4a44ed7c.jpg
Shortly after BCBlondie and her family left, Don Juan's Mom arrived. Here she is with AmberLee.

http://img58.photobucket.com/albums/v176/krazyaboutkatz/edc62b5c.jpg
Here's a closeup of them.

That's all of the pictures. It was great to meet BCBlondie and her family and 2 of her dogs. It was also good to see Don Juan's Mom again too.:D

BCBlondie
06-13-2004, 08:48 PM
Hey! It was nice meeting you too! Sorry we had to leave so soon.. The pics are all great! It was really nice meeting you... We should definitely meet up again some time! :D

GoldenRetrLuver
06-13-2004, 09:01 PM
Oh, I'm jealous! I wish we could have gone! I would have loved to meet gorgeous Sheshy boy. If only we were closer..

Great pictures! Looks like everyone had fun! :cool:

popcornbird
06-13-2004, 09:47 PM
Great pics!!! Looks like you all had fun! So Sky never went?

krazyaboutkatz
06-14-2004, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by popcornbird
Great pics!!! Looks like you all had fun! So Sky never went? No, I decided to see how many dogs were there and it was also very sandy and dirty in most spots so he would've turned into a brown cat.:) I think he would've enjoyed meeting all of the people but I'm not sure that he'd like meeting all of the dogs.;)

gini
06-14-2004, 12:50 AM
Great pictures Tracey. It is so much fun to put a face to the names you see all of the time.

And the pups! So cute. Little Princess is a sweetheart too.

So the people near your table actually knew what Pet Talk was?

Hey, we are starting to gather crowds now:D :D

NoahsMommy
06-14-2004, 12:20 PM
Great pictures, guys! :) Looks like you all had a really nice time.

Logan
06-14-2004, 12:34 PM
Small gatherings are great, aren't they? It certainly sounds and looks as if you guys had a great time!!!! :) :) :) I am certainly green with envy that I couldn't be there, as I always am with every Pet Talk outing!!!!!! :o

AmberLee
06-14-2004, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by gini
...So the people near your table actually knew what Pet Talk was?...

I kind of got the impression that they thought we were something like multi-species Horse Whisperers, but I didn't pursue it. :D :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Logan
... I am certainly green with envy that I couldn't be there, as I always am with every Pet Talk outing!!!!!! ...

Wow, it would have been great to meet you face to face! Maybe someday! {{{hugs}}}

bckrazy
07-12-2004, 06:47 PM
so bummed I missed this! me and Gonzo have gotta get to the next meeting to see Seshy :)

Tonya
07-21-2004, 10:34 PM
Well, shoot! I need to check the meetings section more often. I missed this one! It looked like alot of fun. :)

AmberLee
07-22-2004, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Tonya
Well, shoot! I need to check the meetings section more often. I missed this one! It looked like alot of fun. :)

Thanks. It was!

BCBlondie
07-23-2004, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by bckrazy
so bummed I missed this! me and Gonzo have gotta get to the next meeting to see Seshy :)
Definitely! :D Sesh would love to have a BC buddy!!