PDA

View Full Version : stray dogs PTS!!!HELP!!!

lute
05-04-2004, 05:40 PM
i'm from a little town in southern indiana called Winslow. Winslow has always had problems with stray dogs and people that just let their dogs run loose. it's out of control! you literally see atleast 2-3 dogs on every block.

anyways. they have got a new law that if there is a dog running loose without a coller and proper tags.they are put to sleep. barely any of the dogs are owned and just a few have collers. A LOT are going to be put to sleep. i'm so upset!

my grandpa is part of the town council. i asked him if maybe they could have a humane society. he said they can't because they need a grocery store before they get a humane society.(their grocery store was burned down last may.) they have now businesses there. they are that small of a town.

any ideas?!?!

Dixie Belle
05-05-2004, 01:24 AM
Does your county have animal control? I have strays dropped off here, at my house, all the time, and my county run shelter comes and picks them up for me. From there they are placed in homes.

How close are you to Columbus? My son's godparents live there.

lute
05-05-2004, 09:05 AM
Winslow is about three hours from Columbus,indiana.

they dont have animal control. they can't afford anything. they have a gas station and thats it. sad as it is.