PDA

View Full Version : Lettuce pray...

RICHARD
05-04-2004, 12:01 PM
that we never find one of these in our salad...
-----------------------------------------------------------

Airline passenger finds frog in food

An airline passenger on a flight from Melbourne to Wellington got a surprise when she found a live frog in her salad.

The woman was on a Qantas flight when she found the the whistling tree frog on top of her cucumber.

The woman managed to trap the creature in the salad box, preventing it from escaping, says the New Zealand Herald.

Cabin crew removed the container and notified New Zealand's Agriculture department who had quarantine staff waiting when the plane landed.

The 4cm brownish-coloured frog, a native of Australia, was taken from the plane and was put down.

A Qantas spokesman said the airline had changed its lettuce supplier since the incident and introduced "additional procedures into the salad supply process".

Logan
05-04-2004, 12:05 PM
:eek: I've heard of "flies in the soup", but never "frogs in the salad". YIKES!!!!!!

Tonya
05-04-2004, 12:25 PM
Hehe, that's funny. That'd startle the heck out of me!

Pam
05-04-2004, 12:30 PM
Quantas must have thought she ordered frogs legs and decided to go above and beyond and throw in the entire frog for good measure. :eek: It's probably a matter of trying harder, just like Avis. :rolleyes: :p

Randi
05-04-2004, 12:33 PM
LOL! But poor frog had a good meal before he was put to sleep. :)

Many years ago on a vacation in Ibiza, during a meal in a restaurant, I found a can opener in my soup!! We all had a good laugh and got another dish and a bottle of wine for free. :)

ramanth
05-04-2004, 12:38 PM
On Animal Planet, there was a story about a woman who found a frog in the lettuce she had bought from the super market. It was a little green tree frog and the refrideration had caused it to hibernate in a sense.

I think they kept the frog as a pet.

RICHARD
05-04-2004, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Randi

Many years ago on a vacation in Ibiza, during a meal in a restaurant, I found a can opener in my soup!! We all had a good laugh and got another dish and a bottle of wine for free. :)

Embarrasing, if it was advertised as "home made soup".....;)

jonza
05-04-2004, 01:16 PM
I'm surprised their response wasn't: "Meat costs extra!" :eek:

Miss Meow
05-04-2004, 03:58 PM
Shhhh, don't say it so loud, the other passengers will want one ;)

G.P.girl
05-04-2004, 07:39 PM
poor froggy got put down?:( sad. i would be pretty surprised though

Corinna
05-04-2004, 08:11 PM
The frog in the salad from store was here in Kalispell , She is a tesacher and the class named him Popeye.

joanofark
05-04-2004, 09:26 PM
I have to say... THAT IS GROSS! How did a frog get in her salad?:confused: :confused: :confused:

carole
05-04-2004, 10:05 PM
Blimey you Aussie's are at it again, importing frogs here illegally, I dunno, what are we to do with you.?

Yes unfortnately the frog probably was sent to froggy heaven, we have very strict rules here, it would be allowed to stay if it appeared to be no threat to our country.

Even though there is a funny side to this story i suppose, in reality not really, this kind of thing is not good, NZ prides itself on being a country with no poisonous snakes, etc etc, and we want to keep it that way.

Twisterdog
05-05-2004, 12:08 AM
Poor frog. :( How sad. I would have taken him home instead.

RICHARD
05-05-2004, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by joanofark
I have to say... THAT IS GROSS! How did a frog get in her salad?:confused: :confused: :confused:

It just 'hopped' on board???:confused:

carole
05-05-2004, 03:09 PM
Does anyone know if the frog was put to sleep or not? if it posed no threat to our agriculture then I am sure it would still be alive, whilst I sympathise with everyone on how sad it is for the frog, the implications could be enormous for our country should it have entered out country and not been found if it indeed was a threat.

The poisonous red back spider found its way to NZ, courtesy of some australian passenger no doubt, we never had those here before, this is just a simple example.

However I do see the funny side of it too, geez not good for the Quantas Airline.:)

Miss Meow
05-05-2004, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by carole
Does anyone know if the frog was put to sleep or not? if it posed no threat to our agriculture then I am sure it would still be alive, whilst I sympathise with everyone on how sad it is for the frog, the implications could be enormous for our country should it have entered out country and not been found if it indeed was a threat.

The poisonous red back spider found its way to NZ, courtesy of some australian passenger no doubt, we never had those here before, this is just a simple example.

However I do see the funny side of it too, geez not good for the Quantas Airline.:)

You got our pesky little possums as well :( Maybe the frogs can eat the spiders, and the possums can eat the frogs??? :p

carole
05-05-2004, 04:25 PM
Ah Nicole so you guy's are to blame for that too, actually I never knew that, , and I Think they market the skins and make money , and it gives people employment, so not all bad Maybe. I know I know, I don't like them being killed either , but they are a real problem here in NZ.

My Girlfriend used to have a pet possumn Percy, he was cute.

I am sure some NZ passengers have brought some things into Aussie as well, works both ways eh?

RICHARD
05-05-2004, 05:00 PM
Are we going to have to separate the both of you???;)

Play nice......

carole
05-05-2004, 11:02 PM
Ah Richard not being an Aussie or a Kiwi you will never understand the rivalry thing between us, but with nicole and I it is light-hearted and pure fun, she and I both know that, and you do too.:) :D Now Behave, and stop using that wooden spoon.lol

Miss Meow
05-05-2004, 11:21 PM
The only thing we've got from NZ is Russell Crowe ;)

Wanna swap him back for the captain of the NZ cricket team? :D

carole
05-05-2004, 11:25 PM
I Should know this, but who is he again, personally I think Stephen Fleming is not too hard on my old eyes either, lol, you mean you want to give us Russell back? WOW!!:D :cool: :eek:

Fallon
05-06-2004, 09:43 AM
umm to weird.

cloverfdx
05-06-2004, 10:19 AM
Yeah read about that in yesterday news paper :) Poor frog.

Carole you can have Russel Crowe back *Begging you* ;) We could swap for some NZ huntaway dogs.

carole
05-06-2004, 09:42 PM
I am sure it could be arranged, Russells wife might not mind if I keep him ya think, but my hubby might!!!lol:D

cloverfdx
05-10-2004, 10:06 AM
:D You could just keep Russel in a dog run. ;) Just joking.