PDA

View Full Version : Test your intelligence - any bright ideas?

jonza
05-04-2004, 09:10 AM
Barge Capsizes Approaching Nude Beach

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) - A double-decker party barge capsized when dozens of passengers moved to one side of the boat as it approached Texas' only nude beach.

Sixty people on the boat were rescued Sunday from Lake Travis, including two with minor injuries, authorities said.

The accident happened during Splash Day, a semiannual event hosted at the clothing-optional area by the Austin Tavern Guild, a gay and lesbian bar association.

Witnesses said that all of the people aboard the barge moved to one side after it was tied up at Hippie Hollow, the only public nude beach in Texas, creating uneven distribution and making it tilt.

"As the captain was running upstairs to tell them to move away from the railing, it capsized, dumping its passengers into about 39 feet of water", Travis County sheriff's spokesman Roger Wade said.

Wade said it was unclear why the people all were on one side of the boat.

… spokesman Roger Wade was unclear why the people all were on one side of the boat. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Now, being Travis County sheriff's spokesman, he is presumably a reasonably intelligent man, but obviously needs a bit of help on this one. So let's hear it from all you Pet Talkers. Have you any creative ideas as to why all those people moved? Let's give this guy a hand here. It's a real brain teaser !!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

aly
05-04-2004, 10:05 AM
Hehe, I live here in Austin and I haven't heard anything about it. I didn't even know we had a nude beach!

We are not known for the smartest sheriffs and politicians in the world :o The county next to us just had to get a new sheriff because the old one was stumbling drunk down the road (walking not driving) :rolleyes:

lovemyshiba
05-04-2004, 10:27 AM
Maybe they moved to the one side of the boat to see some fish????????;) :D

Not very bright, but it does make for a funny story!!!!!

gini
05-04-2004, 10:50 AM
Well, gosh, Mr. Jonza - this one is reeellly hard. Why would all of those people move to the other side of the boat? I mean all at once............golly.

Musta been something that scared them pretty bad to have them move like that.

I sure hope that they find out.

aly
05-04-2004, 11:02 AM
I just saw it on the news, but they conveniently left the nude beach tidbit out :p

RICHARD
05-04-2004, 11:18 AM
Gravity. Fluid Hydraulics. Surface Tension.

jonza
05-04-2004, 01:54 PM
I don't think we'll ever really get to the bottom of this, but it wouldn't surprise me if Phred wasn't involved somehow, even if he does live a long way away.

I personally believe that they were looking for CLAMZ! :D :D :D