PDA

View Full Version : Interesting few days!!!!

DogLover9501
05-03-2004, 06:24 PM
Okay, well, I have never said anything about any of this before, but I need to now to explain the past few days.

About 2 years ago, Piddle and Wiggles had an "accidental" litter :( I've felt so guilty about it ever since, because Wiggles could have been done :( But I didn't know as much as I do now....

She had 4 puppies, 3 girls first and then finally one boy, who was just like Piddle....won't share that experience right now....

Anyway, Since there was nothing we could do about her pregnancy, we knew there was lots we could do with the other things, like finding them great homes, and we did, we went to see all 4 of their puppies about a year later and they were all healthy and spoiled rotten:D

Anyway! On Saturday, a man came to our house, and said he got a puppy from us 2 years ago for his grand-daughter and shes moving away to her job and can't take her and he wanted us to take her back!!! :mad: I would find a place that would let me take the dog!!!

So then he says he will sell her to us for as low as $50 :eek: SELL HER TO US?! First of all, he's the one giving her back, Second it would be a HUGE problem for us, to take in this 2 year old dog, that was not spayed and was in heat, and Third he didn't even buy her!!

So, We tell him that we cannot take her but we will find her a home and call him when we do, and we did that!

It was very stressfull, as he took this dog, and it was such a stupid reason, the dog is so lost, and its so sad, then he thinks its our responsibilty :mad:

Just sharing the past few days....

carole
05-03-2004, 07:02 PM
That man has an awful cheek, he obviously knew what huge animal lovers you are and took advantage of it, poor pup,its the one I really feel for here, I am so glad you found a new home though, let us hope this time it is there to stay.

SOME PEOPLE:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Cincy'sMom
05-03-2004, 07:07 PM
First, if this guy is giving up the dog, it should be returned to you, not sold to you. I do think you should try to take the dog back at leat temporarily. All good breeders (and I know this was not an intenional breeding), insist that if the dog have to be given up for any reason it be returned to them.

Rereading your post, it sounds as if you did find someone to take the dog? If not and if you you can not house the dog, I would make sure you get her into a a new hom or a rescue or no-kill shelter. Even if you have to keep in inthe garage or a seprate part of the house for a few days, I would rather the inconvience to assure she gets a home she derserves. Who knows whathe may do with her otherwise.

DogLover9501
05-03-2004, 09:32 PM
I know, I guess thats why he figured he would return her to us, but we aren't going to pay $50 for a dog he got from us for nothing and can't keep anymore.

Yes, I found her a great home, with a woman named Mary who works at a local store here and her husband, they don't have children...well just their dogs ;) She already has a shih-tzu that looks alot like Piddle and she has a Schnauzer and she is also fostering a shih-tzu mix, which are males, all neutered and spoiled rotten.

She glady took the dog in and already has plans to get her spayed as soon as she is out of "heat" and also has a grooming session booked ;)

I am very glad that we got her a home so fast, I know the poor dog is confused and heart broken, wondering why shes not in her home of 2 years and with the people who came and picked her out and had her since 8 weeks of age.

But Mary is a wonderful woman and the dog now has some brothers, and will be better taken care of, spayed and spoiled rotten.

PS-Mary also just lives in my road, so I can visit her and see how she is doing!

carole
05-03-2004, 11:54 PM
I am so glad this story has such a happy ending, although the doggie will be fretting right now and feeling upset, I am sure in time all will be well, and it will be happier than before, i mean they cannot have been the best pet owners in the world, if they just gave the pup up , just like that, they themselves could have tryed to find her a good home, but sometimes things happen for a reason, and from what you have said Mary is the ideal owner for this lovely dog.

anna_66
05-04-2004, 08:30 AM
I'm so glad to hear that she's now in a great forever home! The nerve of some people:rolleyes:

DogLover9501
05-04-2004, 08:40 AM
I am glad we got her the home too, and I know, the nerve :rolleyes: ;)

Yeah, if I couldn't keep Jasper I would go tell his breeder that she has to buy him off me :p :rolleyes:

wolfie
05-04-2004, 02:32 PM
Puppies!!! Do you have pics of them? :D

And I'm sorry about that person. That's so mean, two years later and he doesn't want her anymore, and just wants money. :( I'm glad you were able to find her another home though.

DogLover9501
05-04-2004, 04:55 PM
No pictures of the puppies :( I wish I had taken pictures when the puppies were here, I should have, ack!