PDA

View Full Version : Dear Diary -- COTD!!!!!

Edwina's Secretary
05-03-2004, 05:30 PM
Dear Diary,

This is so unbelievable! Less than a year ago I was a homeless waif and now.....I AM CAT OF THE DAY!!! I am just so excited. And HH and I were both COTD on May 2! So we will share a special day.

To celebrate my wonderful news, I invited HH and Miss Shirley (aka MOM) on a picnic. I served brazil nuts for Miss Shirley. HH and I both had turkey (Sara Lee Honey Roasted, of course!) It is always such a chore to decide what wine is best with cold turkey and nuts!!!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid115/ped8462d47c50732fc2c85ffafa5ba174/f8cba6c4.jpg
Picnic inspired by Hemingway cats!

They like me, they really like me!

Eddie

Miss Meow
05-03-2004, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
They like me, they really like me!

Eddie

No, Eddie, we LOVE you! :D

Your secretary is back to her best. What a wonderful picnic layout!

I can just imagine the neighbours poking their heads over the fence ...

"Oooh, Sara, are you having a picnic?"

"Actually, Eddie is Cat of the Day and the picnic is for him and Edwina."

Neighbours slink off into the distance

catnapper
05-03-2004, 06:36 PM
Ediie! How wonderful for you... I missed your post about being COTD. I am truly sorry and shall give myself 50 lashes! Here it is a day late:
Congrats on being COTD - I hope you enjoyed your special day!!!!

Thanks to your secretary, it looks like you had a special picnic to celebrate! You are such a wonderful boy and I am so glad you had your special day.

Cinder & Smoke
05-03-2004, 07:06 PM
:D
Nice SPREAD there Eddie! ;)

But... jest a *suggestion*...

You'd *make out* a lil better ~
Iffin you got a bit CLOSER to yur DATE! ;)

And how'd Miz Shirley like her Nutz??

(Yur quite da Man About Towne -
*husslin* TWO Gurlz onna same date!) :p

PayItForward
05-04-2004, 01:53 AM
Great Photo :D

I am going to look at the archive to see your pet of the day photo :D

Vio&Juni
05-04-2004, 02:37 AM
Oh, Eddie, how great is that - to share with Edwina the same date :)

We LOVE you, Eddie, we love you very much. We love Edwina too. It looks like you had a great picnic.

Barbara
05-04-2004, 02:46 AM
Oh Eddie I knew you would have the most stylish of parties:D

And with 2 girls;) :p

I just can't wait to meet you in purrson:D

sasvermont
05-04-2004, 05:10 AM
Dear Eddiie,

You are the best, and don't you forget it. HH is one difficult gal and we give you credit for having lasted as long as you have. HH has lots of puuuursonality - a contrary girl of sorts but quite the fashion plate. Enjoy what little company she provides for you.

I am sorry I missed your special day. I don't always post here and don't always have the time to look at the Cat of the Day. Shame on me.

So Eddie dear, enjoy your new life with HH, Shirley, Blondie and Curley? = aka Dad. Don't worry about HH, she went to "The School of Social-less Graces" with my Miley girl.

Remember Eddie - YOU ARE THE BEST!

SAS

catcrazylady
05-04-2004, 05:38 AM
WOW Eddie! What a special day you had! A very special picnic and everything! I notice Edwina has her back turned so there may be a little jealousy there? She is probably ticked that she has to share her special day with you now. Sometimes fate has a way of making things balance and I think that you are slowly getting even with HH. Enjoy because I'm sure she will always manage to stay one step ahead!!!

We LOVE you Eddie!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

Randi
05-04-2004, 08:45 AM
Awww Eddie, you got to go on a real picnic on your big day - what a treat! :) I would have loved to be there! It was very considerate of you to serve brazil nuts for Shirley, and sharing the honey roasted turkey with HH, I'm sure your secretary found an appropiate wine to go with it - what else are secretaries for? :D Even if HH is a little jealous, I'm sure she's proud to have such a sweet and handsome brother as you - and don't forget, we love you!! :) :)

ramanth
05-04-2004, 08:48 AM
What a lovely spread! :) And looks like you had nice weather as well. :)

Enjoy your turkey Eddie! You deserve it. :D

catmandu
05-04-2004, 09:14 AM
Eddie , we alllove you , at The Found Cat Hotel. And we hope that you dont minnd , if afew Cat angels came to the Picnic! And there is a Cat Nip Traingle coming for you , a Mouse from JJJ3 , to HH , his LOVE EDWINA! MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OWWWWS and May Every Stray Be This Lucky!

Cataholic
05-04-2004, 03:18 PM
Eddie,
I, too, missed your great big day! I love you! And, HH, too, of course. I hope your day was absolutely wonderful. I think in living with ES, HH, and the man, you live a wonderful life everyday!

AmberLee
05-04-2004, 09:08 PM
Congratulations, you sweet Eddie!! Whooopie! And what a great idea to celebrate with a picnic with your sis and Miss Shirley! Way to go, you classy guy!

Killearn Kitties
05-05-2004, 08:47 AM
My darling Eddie!! I am distraught, DISTRAUGHT that I missed your special day. Meowmie's PC may have suffered total hard disc failure, but that really is no excuse. She should have had a proper disaster recovery plan in place, then I would not have missed seeing you on your special day.

I understand too, that the daily Glasgow – Chicago flight has just been restored. Perhaps, if the Lady Edwina had allowed, I could have come to congratulate you in the fur! Oh what joy that would have been.

Thank you for letting us see the photograph of your picnic. It looks as if you all had a wonderful time!

Yours always

Samantha x

momoffuzzyfaces
05-05-2004, 12:31 PM
Yes we do love you Eddie! and HH too!!!
I was thrilled to see you as COTD too! MY 4 cats all send their congratulations too!:D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-12-2004, 02:28 PM
Hey Eddie, looks like you had a wonderful picnic on your special day! I'm so sorry I wasn't here for it, but I'm sure the company of Shirley and HH made up for that. And don't worry, selecting the proper wine will come, you just have to give it time. After all, you haven't been in the lap of luxury for even a year yet so don't worry, it'll come. ;)

:D :D

Lillycat
06-09-2004, 09:07 AM
oh, i also missed your big day......your picnic must have been grand tho!

Cinder & Smoke
06-09-2004, 10:34 AM
:)

If you'd like to see him again and can't find his COTD page ~

Here' Eddie!

Eduardo ~ Cat of the Day ~ May 2, 2004 ~~

http://CatoftheDay.com/archive/2004/May/02.jpg

Lookin GUD, Eddie! ;)

And here' the *link* to his COTD page >>>
Eddie's Cat of the Day page - May 2, 2004 (http://CatoftheDay.com/archive/2004/May/02.html)

Lillycat
06-09-2004, 02:38 PM
thank you c & s for posting that! what a charming tribute!