PDA

View Full Version : Update On the Doyle Household

K & L
05-03-2004, 02:24 PM
We have been so busy I haven't had much time to frequent the site so thought I'd update it all on one thread!

We trapped Yardley last night and she’s being spayed today! Kittens are all well, but not taming as quickly as we would like. With us working we don’t have the time to spend that is needed. AND….there is a calico that’s been hanging around. She wouldn’t let me anywhere near her for a couple weeks, but finally came to me this weekend. She hasn’t left the yard since. She appears to be an older cat and for some reason I think she may be declawed! I tried checking this out but she wouldn’t let me anywhere near her paws. We will take her to our vet tomorrow and have a once over on her and see what our options would be. If she doesn’t have her claws there is no way she would survive in our household, and I would hate the thought of her outdoors. Hopefully this isn’t the case and it’s just her paws are sensitive. It looks like she’s been struggling to live for sometime, real dirty, hungry, and tired! I will keep you all posted.

PayItForward
05-03-2004, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by K & L
]If she doesn’t have her claws there is no way she would survive in our household, and I would hate the thought of her outdoors.

Why it that the case ? Declawed cats can happily live alongside cats with claws, if that is the only thing stopping you, don't let it :)

But I might be barking up the wrong tree ;)

Congratulations of catching Yardley.

K & L
05-03-2004, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by PayItForward
Why it that the case ? Declawed cats can happily live alongside cats with claws, if that is the only thing stopping you, don't let it :)

But I might be barking up the wrong tree ;)

Congratulations of catching Yardley.

18 clawed cats against one declawed:eek: ? I would hate to put her through all that stress! Trust me, she won't be out in the streets, I WILL find a place for her. She is SO sweet. She even started drooling when we were petting her:) !

PayItForward
05-03-2004, 02:31 PM
Sweet, Lucky girl to find you :)

catmandu
05-04-2004, 10:37 AM
Pay it Forward is Rihjt ,as some of The Found cats have been declawd , but not by me. And the Others arent , teythey all use The Koxka Tree, to scratch on. Old Habits do die hard!!!!

catcrazylady
05-04-2004, 10:47 AM
I'm glad you finally got Yardley. (I still love that name!) Are you going to TNR Yardley? Although, now that she is at the white coats she is probably not so glad to have been caught!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

It looks like she’s been struggling to live for sometime, real dirty, hungry, and tired!
Poor little Calico.http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/frown.gif I hate to see them like that. Some of them come into the shelter and the best description is tired. Just worn out from the struggle of survival. Now that she has a full belly and some love and attention from you I bet she feels as if the weight of the world has been lifted off of her paws.
I don't know how they find you but I'm certainly glad they do! Keep us posted on Calico and Yardley and good luck.
God Bless you for all the care you so freely give.http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/smile.gif

K & L
05-04-2004, 12:28 PM
Yardley was pregnant and kittens had to be aborted! Hate that, but it was for the best. Yes, we will TNR her and continue to provide food, water, and shelter. She is in our spare bedroom healing and NOT happy being there. Our house is full, and I'm tired, but it's all worth it.

The calico, we named Hazel, was going to the vet today, unfortunatley our yard guys showed up earlier and she ran and hid between our block wall and the cat run. Kevin was unable to get her. We will try again tomorrow. She will not leave the backyard so if her checkup goes well, we'll keep her!:D She needs a good life.

rg_girlca
05-04-2004, 02:06 PM
Poor Yardly, but i'm glad all went well with her.
Poor Hazel. I guess she is just too tired to go on struggling so she decided to stay where she'll know she will be well taken care of. Good luck with her and let us know how everthing turns out.
Bless you for the fantastic work that you do to help these precious kitties.