PDA

View Full Version : Travel Plans -in a month's time!

Barbara
05-03-2004, 10:42 AM
Some of you may know that I love travelling. And my favorite country for travelling is the US:D Even before I learned about Pet Talk;)

But now this country has added some major sights to the list that was already long before:

The 1st of June Siegmar and I will fly to Chicago and guess where we will stay?

In a bed that will have room for Lady Edwina AND Don Eduardo - if they are willing to share it with us:D :D :D

And some days later we are going to Burlington Vermont and guess whom we'll meet there?

3 Abyssinians : Miley :) :) :) (read this as three little red hearts), Juni Rose and Chloe!

Of course I will also meet the corresponding humans and I just can't wait! :) :) :)

After our time with Sara and Don and Sallyanne we will go to the Maine coast and have a look at some of the 63 lighthouses there- I am sooooo excited!

Logan
05-03-2004, 11:20 AM
Oh, Barbara, how wonderful!!!!!! :D I just wish that Helen, Scott and I could meet up with you, somehow!!!! Perhaps there is a chance for Rachel, who is outside of Chicago, plus Alicia (Albea), Sandra (Tatsxxx11), Vermontcat and Anna (Cookiebaker) since they are in the NE. Oh, I do hope so!!!!! :)

Edwina's Secretary
05-03-2004, 11:21 AM
The city of Chicago is going to put on its best for the visit of Barbara and Siegmar! Eddie and Edwina are cleaning their rooms and it looks like Shirley may be planning a new batch of babies just for the occasion. The excitement builds!

sasvermont
05-03-2004, 11:30 AM
Well, the South Hero Vermont crew is spending all of their spare time cleaning (and then messing up <---cats) in preparation for the travellers from Germany!

Miley has been practicing being nice to strangers. Juni and Chloe are beyond hope. They are both out of control. Maybe I will be lucky and the heat will slow down the cats for when Barbara and Siegmar visit!

I have a trip to Pennsylvania planned for this coming Thursday and cannot really focus on Barbara's visit until after I return!

I cannot wait. Vermontcat is going to join up with us at some point....and maybe cookiebaker too....we shall see....

Stay tuned.

SAS and her campers

Karen
05-03-2004, 11:52 AM
Any chance of you stopping in Massachusetts between Vermont and Maine? (Okay, it's south of both of them ...) Paul and I live just outside of Boston, near several major highways, and we'd love to meet you!

Logan
05-03-2004, 12:02 PM
Geez!!!! :o How could I forget Karen and Paul????? :o :o :o

Felicia's Mom
05-03-2004, 12:28 PM
I hope you have a wonderful time.:D

Katiesmom
05-03-2004, 12:51 PM
sounds like fun....have a good and safe time:D

Ally Cat's Mommy
05-03-2004, 03:11 PM
Sounds great - I AM SO JEALOUS!!!

Vermontcat
05-03-2004, 03:27 PM
SAS told me to save June on my calendar for a Pet Talk meeting so I hope to have at least a few hours free for a visit in Burlington.:)

Karen and Paul it is only 4 hours from Boston to Burlington, maybe you could drive up to visit here in Vermont too.

Barbara, let me know if you want to know more about Maine.
I have been there quite a bit since some of my husband's relatives are from Portland.

Desert Arabian
05-03-2004, 03:30 PM
I'm fairly close to Chicago. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) :D

ramanth
05-03-2004, 03:34 PM
Yay! :D

Kona & Oreo's mom
05-03-2004, 04:14 PM
Barbara, I hope that you and Siegmar have a wonderful vacation in the U.S. And I hope that the next month until then passes quickly for you!

Miss Meow
05-03-2004, 05:39 PM
I'm green with jealousy!

I can't wait to hear of your American escapades, with lots and lots of photos!

I haven't been to Chigaco or Vermont, but I can say that Maine is absolutely beautiful. Massachusetts is stunning as well, and definitely worth the extra miles :D

carole
05-03-2004, 06:42 PM
WOW I am so envious, have a GREAT TRIP , my online best friend is from Mass, and I also heard it is a nice place to see, vermont too, especially in autumn, yep I know it is coming into summer now, but anyway enjoy yourself and meeting all the PT members.

Corinna
05-03-2004, 07:00 PM
I'm green too 63 lighthouses!!!! take lots of photos and post them Please. Have a great time with roaming PT hotel.

Randi
05-04-2004, 10:11 AM
I'm green with jealousy too! ;)

It's gonna be a wonderful trip, I'm sure. Getting to meet all the kitties I adore, and of course the humans to go with them. The prospect of sharing the bed the E's are just too much! I want to come and join you! :D

Btw, haven't you forgot to mention somebody? Tubby, Peanut and Debbie??

Oh Barbara, I wish you and Siegmar the best trip ever - don't forget your camera, we want to see loads of pics! ;) Oh, and don't forget to bring the video from our Munich PT Conference!! ;)

kimlovescats
05-28-2004, 09:24 AM
WOW, what a fun time you all have planned! Can't wait to hear all the wonderful stories and see wonderful PICTURES!!!!:D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-28-2004, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Randi
Btw, haven't you forgot to mention somebody? Tubby, Peanut and Debbie??

Barbara, I can't believe I missed this thread!!! :eek: :o :o

Tubby and Peanut are waiting with bated breath for your arrival! The only thing is I told Tubby he has to have a bath before you come, and he wasn't too thrilled about that. :rolleyes: :D

I know Sara, as your tour guide, has a full schedule for you and I'm so glad we were able to fit in a little side trip to our house to meet T & P.

I'm really looking forward to meeting you and Siegmar - can't wait! :D

ramanth
06-03-2004, 01:29 PM
Andy and I are packing, Kia's being dropped off at my parents tonight, and Zam and Logan probably want to come along. ;) :D

Or perhaps they are just happy to have the place to themselves again. :eek: :rolleyes: :D

See everyone soon! I'm so excited!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-03-2004, 03:24 PM
I'm about to walk out the door to meet up with "the gang" so they can meet T & P and then off to dinner. I'll have my camera on hand!

Logan
06-03-2004, 10:41 PM
I'm so excited to hear about who all got together tonight, see pictures, etc!!!! I had no idea you had planned such a big gathering!!! Hope you have had a marvelous time together! :)

popcornbird
06-03-2004, 11:56 PM
Have a great time everyone! I'm so looking forward to seeing pictures, so you all better take a lot!!!

gini
06-04-2004, 12:12 AM
I just know that you had the best evening together.

We all will be anxious to see pictures and hear all about your time together!

Randi
06-04-2004, 04:19 AM
We can hardly wait!! :D ;)

neko1
06-04-2004, 06:33 AM
Sounds like it's gonna be a great time! Can't wait to see pictures!:)

Logan
06-04-2004, 11:49 AM
Where are you people? Still partying??? :eek: We're dying out here!!!! :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-04-2004, 11:51 AM
We had a wonderful dinner! Barbara and Siegmar are just the nicest people you'd ever want to meet. They no sooner walked in the door than Tubby was bumping on Siegmar. :D Yes, I got pics, but unfortunately I'm swamped here at work today. Hopefully I'll get a chance this afternoon to download at least one or two as teasers.

Peanut's first reaction was to hiss and run upstairs, but she was soon followed by her admirers and when they decided to come down, she followed and plopped herself right in the middle of the action. :D

Sorry about the delay on the pics, I'll get them ASAP!

RobiLee
06-04-2004, 11:55 AM
Wow, I missed this thread! So exciting. I can't wait to hear all the stories and see pictures. Hurry up, Debbie! Get yours posted as soon as possible!

Robin :)

lizbud
06-04-2004, 04:37 PM
Edwina's Secretary
and Eddie's too... ,

Your P M inbox is full.......:D

Barbara
06-04-2004, 04:52 PM
Sarah cleared it!

lizbud
06-04-2004, 06:23 PM
Thanks, Barbara.:)

I can't wait to meet you ,Siegmar,Sara & the E's tomorrow.:D

Logan
06-04-2004, 06:27 PM
Liz, I'm terribly envious! Pet Talk meetings for you, Debbie and some of the others, two weekends in a row!!!!!! :)

lizbud
06-04-2004, 06:40 PM
:D :D :D Most traveling I've done in ages. :)

RobiLee
06-04-2004, 07:39 PM
I wish I was there :( ;)

Have a great time you guys and make sure you share the stories and pics with us!

kimlovescats
06-04-2004, 09:12 PM
*tapping fingers, waiting for pictures*:D :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-04-2004, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by kimlovescats
*tapping fingers, waiting for pictures*:D :D

I'm sorry guys, I've been extremely busy all day - I HATE how work interferes with my play time. ;) :rolleyes: I just got done with a bunch of stuff for school and I really need to go to bed because I have a big day tomorrow. And on top of it all, our cable internet is down and I'm on dial-up. How slow can you go? :rolleyes:

I am in the process of downloading and uploading now, so I'll post just one or two of the best ones for now. Who knows how long they'll take to upload to imagestation. :rolleyes:

Just give me a few more minutes here.....

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-04-2004, 10:35 PM
Didnt' take near as long as I thought it would, so here are three pics as appetizers. ;) :D

This was not even 5 minutes after Barbara and Siegmar walked in the house. Tubby just had to come welcome them. :D
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid120/p4de0dbb0d9967339c18f4b9ced69571c/f8667160.jpg

Here's Peanut getting some Siegmar skritchies. Notice how Tubby had to be right in the action too. Can't let Peanut get all the attention now can he? :rolleyes:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid120/p88fd1808a109c851d3fd30972e02c2c0/f8667163.jpg

And here we all are ready to go to dinner. The only one that is missing is Terry, and he's taking the pic.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid120/p33068825e8486526603a6edbdbe9d30a/f866715d.jpg

Now I really must go to bed, or I won't be any fun at all tomorrow at the garden party. :D

Killearn Kitties
06-05-2004, 04:10 AM
Thanks for the pics. Hope you all have a great time tomorrow!

Randi
06-05-2004, 05:41 AM
Oh thanks Debbie, at last some proof that they're there .... although I know, cause I had a chat with them yesterday. :D

How nice of Tubby to be the welcoming committee. :) I can see that Tubby wants in on the action too, when Siegmar give Peanut scritchies. It's a great picture!!

I love the last one, you all look happy and ready to eat!

We're looking forward to more reports and pics. ;)

Rachel
06-05-2004, 06:04 AM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
We had a wonderful dinner! Barbara and Siegmar are just the nicest people you'd ever want to meet. They no sooner walked in the door than Tubby was bumping on Siegmar. :D Yes, I got pics, but unfortunately I'm swamped here at work today. Hopefully I'll get a chance this afternoon to download at least one or two as teasers.

Peanut's first reaction was to hiss and run upstairs, but she was soon followed by her admirers and when they decided to come down, she followed and plopped herself right in the middle of the action. :D

Tubby, what a congenial host you are and Peanut, I think you were just playing hard to get. But as the pictures show, you couldn't hold out for long, could you?

Debbie, where did you all go to eat? I am really sorry I wasn't able to join the garden party today, but I will be thinking of you all and waiting here eagerly to hear the details and see more pictures.

Pam
06-05-2004, 06:55 AM
Oh what a fine looking group of Pet Talkers! What fun for Tubby and Peanut too. Some new folks to give you skritches and cuddles! We are all anxious to hear about every minute of your visit. Thank you for posting these pictures Debbie and we look forward to more. :)

RobiLee
06-05-2004, 07:16 AM
Love the pics, Thanks Debbie.

I'm am patiently waiting for more pics and stories.

Ally Cat's Mommy
06-05-2004, 09:39 AM
Thanks for the pics Debbie!

Can't wait to hear all about the Garden Party - and MORE PICS PLEASE!!!!

ramanth
06-05-2004, 09:43 AM
Andy and I got to Chicago safe and sound. We're on our way out to catch Harry Potter right now.

Great pics Debbie! :D

Liz, that is so cool that you are coming up! See you all later! :)

Vio&Juni
06-05-2004, 11:37 AM
Ooooh, I see you have a great time together. Can't wait for the other pictures.

I wish I was there too to give scritchies to Tubby and pretty Peanut!

And I know what you mean, Debbie, about the job interfering with your personal time :)

kimlovescats
06-05-2004, 09:59 PM
What nice pictures ... everyone looks so happy and it is such a good photo of each one of you! Thanks so much for sharing your visit with us ... hope some day I am fortunate enough to meet some of my PT friends!!!!:)

Miss Meow
06-05-2004, 11:52 PM
Jealous, jealous, jealous!

Look forward to hearing and seeing more! :D

ramanth
06-06-2004, 10:56 AM
What a great time I had! :D Barbara and Siegmar are so sweet. I got to meet Basement Girl, her mom, AND Gavin! :D Even Johana and LilyCat were there! :D

I've met Sara and the E's before but this is the first time I met Don. :) He's very nice. And I tried sushi for the first time. :D

Good seeing Debbie and Terry again so soon. :)

Thanks so much to all for the great time!

I got pictures but can't download until tomorrow.

lynnestankard
06-06-2004, 12:09 PM
Great pics and from the look of it - everyone having a great time.
Looking forward to more pics soon.

Lynne

Ally Cat's Mommy
06-06-2004, 01:10 PM
Glad you guys are all heaving such a great time!!!!

.........BUT............ am I the ONLY one who is DYING for some pics??????

Sirrahbed, CCL, start WHINGING!!!!!

popcornbird
06-06-2004, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Ally Cat's Mommy
Glad you guys are all heaving such a great time!!!!

.........BUT............ am I the ONLY one who is DYING for some pics??????

Nope! I am too!!!

Cataholic
06-06-2004, 07:52 PM
First off, I forgot my camera! I brought the battery charger, the car charger...but, NO camera! So, I have NO pics!

Second off, WHAT A GREAT TIME! We got into Chicago on Friday night, and went downtown Saturday morning/mid afternoon. Then, mom and I looked at our watches and saw we better get back outta there if we were going to make the Garden Party on time.

We arrived at ES palace at 4 pm, exactly. We saw Kimmy as we were getting out of our car. Already there were Sara and Don, Debbie, Barbara and Siegmar, Basement Girl, and the Ees. A short time later we were joined by Gavin and his mom (Betsy), Terry (as in Debbie and Terry), Don's son, and a friend of Sara's, AND Shirley the Squirrel was on the high wire.

It was SO wonderful to meet everyone, just wonderful. We talked, and ate, and talked, and ate (though I seemed to be doing more of the eating than others :eek: ). We saw Kia's 15 minutes of fame on the local news, we saw the Europa CD, we saw pictures of Filou and Tigris, pictures of HH and Eddie, AND HH and Eddie in RL!!! (Real Life). It was just a fabulous time.

Our Hostess and Host were the 'mostest', and this was a high-light of my summer!

popcornbird
06-06-2004, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic
First off, I forgot my camera! I brought the battery charger, the car charger...but, NO camera! So, I have NO pics!

WHAT?!?! :eek: I was sooooooo expecting pics from you! Bad Catapault!!! :p

Glad you had a great time, and I'm sure you ate the most. Your baby needed his share too. ;)

I do hope the others took pics. Did they? I want to see pics of YOU! :p

Kfamr
06-06-2004, 09:00 PM
I want to see pictures of Johanna's tummy.. someone had better taken pictures of it! :p ;) :D

Vermontcat
06-06-2004, 09:09 PM
I can't believe that so many of my favorite Pet Talkers were together and that nobody has posted photos as proof!
I'm jealous too but not for long!;) :p
I get to meet Barbara and her husband tomorrow because their next stop is Vermont!
Sasvermont was going to meet them today and they will be staying at Camp Vermont for a few days.:)

Oh and I'm glad that T & P's mom posted some photos of Tubby and Peanut meeting Barbara and her husband.
I really hope that Barbara packed Tubby in her suitcase so he can come to Vermont too!:)

Lillycat
06-06-2004, 10:03 PM
ditto to everything my daughter said.......it was the most splendid time!!!!!!!

Vio&Juni
06-07-2004, 01:31 AM
Aaawwww, I'm green with envy! And no pictures?!

Was Debbie there too?

Barbara
06-07-2004, 08:13 AM
I am sorry I cannot download my pics here. But I hope Sara, Debbie and Kimmy can make it. We had such a wonderful time. The weather was marvelous and Sara and Don's yard is so wonderful. We all chatted away as if we had known each other for ages.

The E's have been very friendly. THey allowed me to put their harness on when they went out. One morning Shirley came to the kitchen door and asked for a nut- which of course she got.

Now we are safely landed in Vermont and spent the first night at Sasvermont's place:D Believe it or not, we had two Abyssinians in our bed this night. I suppose it was little lady Juni Rose who slept on the cover (it's very difficult to tell in the night) and baby Chloe who slipped under my cover in he morning. We are in heaven. THey are slim and light little monkeys. Even the Filou would be a big boy among them. Miley was so friendly to play with Siegmar but she sleeps with her mom:)

This is the best vacation we ever had:D :D :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-07-2004, 09:15 AM
Hi Barbara, glad to hear you made it to Vermont ok, and what a wonderful surprise to wake up with two kitties in bed with you!

Vermontcat, unfortunately Tubby didn't fit in Barbara's suitcase, but she does have a little (impromptu) surprise for his Samantha sweety. :D

Vio, yes I was there too.

I didn't take any group pics because I saw others taking them, but I did take plenty of pics and am in the process of downloading right now. I also got a video or two of the E's, so patience my friends, patience.....although I know that's a lot to ask. :D

Ally Cat's Mommy
06-07-2004, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
so patience my friends, patience.....

PATIENCE???? PATIENCE???? What's that????;)

lbaker
06-07-2004, 09:24 AM
OK, it's been 15 minutes now.. tap tap tap ;)
Laurie

popcornbird
06-07-2004, 09:57 AM
Hurry up Debbie!!! :p

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-07-2004, 09:59 AM
Just 5 more minutes, k? I'm going to add them to Sara's Garden Party thread, so go there in about 5 minutes.....

ramanth
06-07-2004, 10:08 AM
Andy and I made it back to MI in one piece, but not after stopping by Tubby and Peanuts BEAUTIFUL home. :D

Peanut is so soft and Tubby's headbumpies are to die for. :D

My camera is hooked up and pictures will be shared soon. :)

Barbara, so happy to here you both arrived in Vermont okay!

Cinder & Smoke
06-07-2004, 10:42 AM
Here's a *click* link to the Garden Party Thread >>>

"Eddie & Edwina's Garden Party"- *with* PHOTOS (http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=50780)

:D