PDA

View Full Version : My very, very good boys!

Twink
05-03-2004, 08:14 AM
Well, we let the kitties stay in the same area for the first time last night. And check this out!!

http://img43.photobucket.com/albums/v131/jrhillge/close.jpg

http://img43.photobucket.com/albums/v131/jrhillge/together.jpg

Now, all is not quite as idyllic as these pictures might lead you to believe. There’s a great deal of tail-twitching, chasing and smacking between these two! Not to mention posturing. Rizzo makes the WEIRDEST body language when Barliman alarms him. He kind of sticks his neck WAY out, cocks his head sideways, humps his back up just a little bit, and looks at him sideways. I can’t figure out if he’s threatening, or trying to say that he’s NOT threatening. Doesn’t matter, though, as it never lasts for long and they’ve shown no signs of actually fighting. Just a lot of chasing, ambushing and smacking. I think they’re actually enjoying each other!! They’re playing, but I think at this point that it’s serious playing, as they try to work out a pecking order. Also, they haven’t figured out yet that just because the other cat is there doesn’t necessarily mean that they HAVE to chase, ambush and smack!!

We’re going to keep them separate while we’re out of the house for a while yet, but I’m very impressed with them right now! :D :D

Laura's Babies
05-03-2004, 08:19 AM
Aweee Twink, that is the prettiest pair of dust mops I ever saw! They going to be buddies soon.

Logan
05-03-2004, 08:36 AM
I'm glad they are learning to get along, Twink! The pictures are great!!!! Hope that means good things are coming!!! :)

PayItForward
05-03-2004, 08:40 AM
Sounds like things are going well.

I'm glad you seperate them, when you are not there.

What about a catnip party ? It might help to defrost relations ?

catmandu
05-03-2004, 08:48 AM
Dont Fight Guys! The Found Cats have found strength , in numbers , and the More cats , the Better Varietyof Great Food! MMMRRRREEEWWW!

Twink
05-03-2004, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by PayItForward

What about a catnip party ? It might help to defrost relations ?

That's not a bad idea! Even if it didn't work to bring them together, it sure would be entertaining to watch. :D

They react differently to 'nip, though. Barli goes ballistic and hyper, while Rizzo just happily eats the stuff.

The little mousies in the picture seemed to work well, as far as mutual entertainment goes! They love those things....

Barbara
05-03-2004, 09:23 AM
They are on a good co-operation distance right now. It's about the distance feral cats come to when they are living in a group (I have somewhere a picture of the cat community in a Greek monastery where they just lie around like this).

And both are gorgeous. So much handsomeness in your home:D

catnapper
05-03-2004, 09:26 AM
What a handsome pair of brothers! They'll be best buds after they realize they can be!

Also... is that the back side os a certain seal I spy in the picture?

Twink
05-03-2004, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by catnapper
What a handsome pair of brothers! They'll be best buds after they realize they can be!

Also... is that the back side os a certain seal I spy in the picture?

Yyyyyyyep. ;) You should see the sniffs that Barliman gives Sauxus. Not surprising, I guess, since Sauxus is covered in Rizzo drool!