PDA

View Full Version : Very good tool - Google Toolbar

K9soul
05-02-2004, 06:43 PM
Actually a couple of the other threads reminded me about this but I had meant to post about it before... for those who may not know, there is a free tool out there called the Google Toolbar that is VERY nice to have, because it blocks popups while surfing the net. I installed it a couple months ago or so and it has now blocked a total of 146 popups from when I surf the web. In the past sometimes I'd hit a page that had so many popups my whole computer would lock up and I had to shut down manually and reboot.

Anyway I thought I'd share this for anyone interested in it, you can download it here: http://toolbar.google.com/

As I said it is free, and a wonderful tool for anyone who surfs the net at all :)

binka_nugget
05-02-2004, 06:46 PM
I use this too. Before I had to reformat my computer, it said it blocked over 1000 pop-ups! :eek: I love it. I very rarely get popups anymore. And it's really handy cause I seem to use google alot so it saves the hassle of typing in the address. :D

K9soul
05-02-2004, 07:00 PM
Yeah I use the search tool on it all the time too. I've gotten lazy about typing in addresses too :p

GoldenRetrLuver
05-02-2004, 07:05 PM
Just installed it!
Thanks for the link, Jess! :D

DogLover9501
05-02-2004, 09:19 PM
I was JUST searching for some kind of pop-up blocker!! Thanks for the link!!

Also can you turn the pop-up blocker off and on(for pages that pop up and things)?

binka_nugget
05-02-2004, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by DogLover9501
Also can you turn the pop-up blocker off and on(for pages that pop up and things)?

Yup! I think you just click on the button that says however many have been blocked and it will be turned off for that site. I have it turned off for PT because of the pop-ups for PMs.

DogLover9501
05-02-2004, 09:24 PM
Okay, thanks! :D

Kfamr
05-03-2004, 12:58 AM
I've been using this for a while now -- it's great!! :D