PDA

View Full Version : What are your other hobbies?

Andiphant
05-02-2004, 12:05 PM
What are your hobbies other than spoiling your pets?

We love to garden. We have two veggie gardens and several flower gardens around the house. And that's just since we moved here in January!

Desert Arabian
05-02-2004, 12:16 PM
Horseback riding- I have been doing that for 10 years now. I took English lessons for 6 years. I now ride Western, no English. I volunteer at a horse camp called Camp Anokijig where I help take care of their 47 horses. I also go to Kentucky a lot to go to Lexington to see Keenland, Kentucky Horse Park, American Saddledbred Museum, etc. Mom and I also go to horse/mule shows around the midwest a lot too. Horses are my passion, my obsession

Trap shooting- I am on a league this year with my fellow hunter safety instructors.

Archery- I hope to be on a league next year.

binka_nugget
05-02-2004, 01:34 PM
Webdesign/graphics - This is a pretty big one for me. I started back in 2002 with a Harry Potter site I think. Since then, I've made (and closed) many sites.

Music - I love music. I've been taking piano class (high school course) since grade 8; I'm in grade 11 now. We basically taught ourselves with the book since our teacher wasn't the greatest. I also love singing. I've been in the choir for a couple yeras and it's really enjoyable. It's a good way to relieve stress. I'm planning on playing the guitar next year for band.

Volunteering - I absolutely love going to the dog pound to walk the doggies. It's nice because it's a no-kill shelter so when you don't see one of the dogs, there's only one possibility. :D

Kfamr
05-02-2004, 04:34 PM
Messing around with PSP, Photography, listening to music, drawing, making Jewelery...... lots are art things. :)

teenster3
05-02-2004, 09:58 PM
I enjoy shopping (LOVE SHOPPING), gardening, making crafts, decorating the house for the holidays, the outdoors (when it's warm out), animals/nature, going for long drives/enjoying the scenery, meeting new people, "talking"- I'm close to family & friends, collecting- Boyd's bears & friends, dolphins, Snoopy figurines, watching tv, reading, surfing the net, music (who could live without music). Although, my husband is trying to get his local band going so, I have the enjoyment of listening to them practice often!!!:p :D<<taking pictures for his band!

Andiphant
05-03-2004, 01:29 PM
I forgot one of my other main hobbies... Cooking.
Including baking cookies, breads, and cheesecake.
I even made a cheesecake for our wedding cake (strawberry & white chocolate).

I also make quite a bit of mexican food including enchiladas and posole (a soup with hominy and chicken or pork).

teenster3
05-03-2004, 11:30 PM
mmmm......that sounds "yummy". I'm not a cook myself. I'd rather my husband do the cooking and I'll do the lawn work and cleaning.
I do enjoy it when other people cook though. Maybe soemday I'll learn but, I'm happy for now!