PDA

View Full Version : Cat bowl moves on its own...

redruby
05-02-2004, 10:58 AM
My water dish will somehow move to the other side of the room WHO KNEW?? :)
i guess it isn't on its own, its my Cat Stumpy he will pull it around, which is GREAT but he doesn't understand it splashes water ALL OVER THE FLOOR and last night we were going out, not see ing the water my fiancee stepped in it with his good socks on (sad i know) and started screaming. it gets really slippery as well..
Any idea how to get him to stop or have him not be able to move it? it is the self serve dish with the bottle attached to it. we don't fill the bottle because the dish gets SOO dirty after a day or two so it would be a waste of water (we are on a well so we have to be careful how much we use)

RedHedd
05-02-2004, 12:11 PM
Hmm .... perhaps if you filled it completely, it would become too heavy for the cats to move? I have my cat dishes on a rubber mat (bought it at Petco) with a lip around the edges so they can't move the dishes off the mat. I think the cats use their special powers to enchant the dishes we place on the floor for them so they grow little legs that allows them to move around. :D

redruby
05-02-2004, 01:10 PM
i can't fill it completely, it WILL get to heavy but also way to dirty. the dogs drop toys and crud and stuff into it when they are drinking.
maybe a mat..

krazyaboutkatz
05-02-2004, 05:04 PM
My cat Sunny loves to play in the water bowls everyday and was always causing a big mess. My solution was to put the bowls in a clean litter box so that the splashed water would stay in the box instead of getting the floor all wet. So far this has worked out very well for me.

You might want to try this or buy a heavier drinking bowl that won't be easily moved. Good luck.:)

PayItForward
05-03-2004, 03:03 PM
We have a water fountain in the living room, a small water bowl upstairs and a very heavey oval pottery cooking pot which has water in the kitchen.

I swear that one or more cats must wash in this bowl, the amount of grit I find in it. Even after washing the bowl daily...cats !!!

ActionCat007
05-05-2004, 09:02 AM
I would try putting a clean rock underneith the water bowl, if there is room.

Randi
05-05-2004, 09:56 AM
Or perhaps you could glue a few pieces of rubber in the bottom of the water bowl, so it won't move easily. :)

Cataholic
05-07-2004, 12:10 PM
OR, you could wake up at 2 am, and scream, "Monte! Stop it right now!" Monte does it to both water bowls. I have never had a cat do this, and it is seriously annoyning. The litter box thing would work, or a cake pan. Or, bolt the waterbowl to the floor...

redruby
05-07-2004, 01:45 PM
I am seriously thinking of the bolting it to the ground deal....

kittykay
05-22-2004, 09:09 AM
Mau does that too, and it's a very heavy ceramic bowl. I hear it in the night, dragging and slopping on the carpet. Don't know why he does it, but a little water doesn't hurt the carpet. Between the two of us, your fiance should get a sense of humor--socks can be dried, after all. I know, I know, mind my own business!

CatMama78
05-26-2004, 04:25 PM
My cats have started this behavior too. While annoying, I just laugh it off and refill the bowl - that's why I'm here, lol to serve.