PDA

View Full Version : This Site Picks Brains Thread Deleted

QueenScoopalot
05-02-2004, 08:16 AM
I deleted the thread after reading about all the problems others are having. I didn't bother going to the site before I posted it (been there, done that) but was cleaning out another mailbox and found a bunch of posts that I thought would be fun to put here. We have Norton running here every day, and when I got the email months ago it should have detected any virus. But that was months ago. *sigh* I hope everything clears up for all who viewed the site. :(

popcornbird
05-02-2004, 08:20 AM
Its ok.........I know these things happen. :( I really think I'm going to reformat my harddrive.........not because its acting THAT sick, but because I'm not going to risk having viruses and spyware slowly eating my computer. *sigh* I don't exactly trust my computer right now. I'm going to save all of my pics to CD, and then I'll have my brother format it. :(

primabella
05-02-2004, 08:21 AM
Why what happened with that web site?? I visited it but stopped halfway and closed it. Please don't let it be a virus...

popcornbird
05-02-2004, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by primabella
Why what happened with that web site?? I visited it but stopped halfway and closed it. Please don't let it be a virus...

Not only is it a virus, but it has spyware too. Its dangerous..........won't make your computer act too bad, but installs things that can cause a hazard. That's why I'm going to format my drive. Can't take any risks. :(

Off to search for the Windows XP backup CD.

QueenScoopalot
05-02-2004, 08:29 AM
I'm sure glad others caught it. I thought it was an odd site to begin with. Sort of un-nerving when it can answer your thoughts. :eek:

Sirrahsim
05-02-2004, 08:51 AM
uh oh... I went to that site... I'm currently running Ad-Aware 6 which is supposedly able to find and delete any type of spyware type program, I'm also going to Live update and scan with Norton... Think that will take care of it?

Sirrahsim
05-02-2004, 09:11 AM
Eeep, I ran ad-aware and it found 29 unauthorized processes and one unauthorized "registry keys". Could that all be from this website, or do I just need to run that program more often:rolleyes:
Also my Norton live update is being poopy. It says my one year trial period is over, but I could have sworn that I have the pay version....

popcornbird
05-02-2004, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by Sirrahsim
Eeep, I ran ad-aware and it found 29 unauthorized processes and one unauthorized "registry keys". Could that all be from this website, or do I just need to run that program more often:rolleyes:
Also my Norton live update is being poopy. It says my one year trial period is over, but I could have sworn that I have the pay version....

Its probably from the website, because I had none, and last night, my computer found 29 unauthorized processes and one unauthorized registry key too. I just saved all of my pictures and improtant files to CD, found the Windows XP CD, and am ready to begin the formatting. What fun. :p Thank God I know how to do this, and have my brother for assistance in case I get lost somewhere. La la la..............aren't viruses FUN? :p *sigh* I should think positively.........I have everything I don't want to lose saved on CD, and hopefully my computer will run like new after I'm done, AND, I will know my computer's free of viruses and spyware. :D

primabella
05-02-2004, 10:55 AM
Is it possible that I got it too? I never finished the quiz thing. Did maybe 10 questions and then closed it after getting annoyed. Oh God my dad is going to kill me...

popcornbird
05-02-2004, 03:51 PM
Hey guess what. Not only did it infect my computer, but it infected my dad's computer too!!! :mad: (through the network) I am SO annoyed right now. I'm still working on my computer, and then I have to do my dad's too! Thank God my dad's not mad.........he understands these things happen sometimes.

:(:(

Cataholic
05-02-2004, 03:55 PM
Could it have been the reason I had over 600 emails this am?:(

And, now, my outlook won't open up.

popcornbird
05-02-2004, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic
Could it have been the reason I had over 600 emails this am?:(

And, now, my outlook won't open up.

Oh................uh oh. My dad's Outlook wasn't working either. Did you click on the link too?

slleipnir
05-02-2004, 05:56 PM
Yes, a virus. Your computer will now self destruct. Have a nice day :D

I've gotten virus's before, I delete them, my computer works fine. I run spybot/adaware and have a Firewall. No problem. Most virus's aren't that bad. Delete them, problem solved.

Kfamr
05-02-2004, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by slleipnir
Yes, a virus. Your computer will now self destruct. Have a nice day :D

I've gotten virus's before, I delete them, my computer works fine. I run spybot/adaware and have a Firewall. No problem. Most virus's aren't that bad. Delete them, problem solved.

That reminds me a while back of the rumor of the virus that destroyed your computer and all of the discs and CD's around it. :p :p

slleipnir
05-02-2004, 06:06 PM
Omg, I HATE those virus's that make your destroy the CD's too!! Man, I have to keep the CDs in a different room now cause they're afraid :(

trayi52
05-02-2004, 06:14 PM
Jan, I had no problems with the site at all. Of course I have a firewall up too. But everything checked out just fine.

Kay I remember that one, it was like it would also affect your remote control or something to that effect. I forget what else it said. I have it saved on my mail account at yahoo, I think. it was a keeper though.

I know it is a pain to get a virus on your computer. When I had to replace my hard drive a few weeks ago, I done without a virus program one night, and when I put my brand new virus program in the cd to install it the first thing it found was that dern blaster worm! Got rid of that, and decided I would not be without it again, not even for one night. Catnapper suggested the firewall too, for the popups too. I no longer have popups of anykind, I am so ver happy to say.

Willie

green_chameleon_girl
05-02-2004, 06:16 PM
What site was that I forget but all I know is that I went to the site and I have AVG Anti-Virus running right now

PJ's Mom
05-03-2004, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by QueenScoopalot
I didn't bother going to the site before I posted it

Next time, maybe you should.

Running a spyware program (like Ad-aware) and a good virus scanner should solve any problems anyone may have. It took over an hour, but I got rid of it all.

aly
05-03-2004, 09:01 AM
I run both Ad-aware and Spybot. Each program picks up some things that the other misses. They're both great for spyware.