PDA

View Full Version : having bowel movements on floor

mother cat
07-03-2000, 10:35 AM
my cat skuffy is haveing his bowel movements on the floor. I think this might be a form of being jealous. since i got him, he was my baby and still is, but i have gotten 2 more cats since him. this last one was a kitten and the one before the kitty was about a year old. friskies seemed somehow to take skuffys sleeping place on the bed and the new kitty sleeps above my head, which friskies won't sleep besides me anymore either. i love all my cats but skuffy is still my baby. i try to give him extra loving and attention but as soon as the little kitty gets on the bed he jumps down. please help me. thank you, mother cat.

------------------
JANICE S. LUPTON

CatGirl
07-07-2000, 08:28 AM
Hi Janice:

Poor Skuffy -- he might be jealous. But it might be something simpler. Do you have enough litter boxes? I have three cats and one started pooping on the floor when we moved to a new house. I added another litter box (so there are now three boxes) and changed litter brand and that did the trick! Cats can get really picky about their litter boxes and Skuffy might be objecting to the increased number of litter box users! Good luck!

jayrob
07-07-2000, 09:13 PM
I am having the same problem with one of my cats, not sure which. But we moved into a new home last month, and 1 of them has been leaving presents on the concrete in the basement. They are near the litter box. We have an automatic box that scoops about 10 minutes after use, and I usually dump the container every 2 days. Any suggestions would be appreciated. There is no problem with urine.
Thanks.