PDA

View Full Version : Dumb Neighbors

MariaM
04-30-2004, 08:28 PM
Oh man. I'm worried about Major. We have these really stupid people in town. Who get drunk. Lots. And I am afraid they will hurt Major because they don't really like our family. And these kids I know that are like that wanted to see Maj and they were laughing when they walked off. I wasn't there, this is what Sarah said. :mad:

guster girl
04-30-2004, 08:45 PM
How would they be able to get ahold of him? Do you leave him somewhere unsupervised that your neighbors would have access to him?

Karen
04-30-2004, 08:50 PM
Just keep him safe and away from them. Ignore the stupid people.

MariaM
05-01-2004, 11:34 AM
Well, they could go in our front yard and open the gate to the backyard. (if they figured out how to) I think I'm just going to leave the porch light on when it gets darker. I think he's safe I think I just got kind of worried.

guster girl
05-01-2004, 12:11 PM
Well, as long as he is safe. But, if you feel worried, you shouldn't leave him out there when you think they'll be around.

MariaM
05-01-2004, 12:12 PM
I'd definately be out there with him if I thought others might be around.

Twisterdog
05-01-2004, 12:13 PM
Put a lock on your gate.

I suppose that's the best you can do, if you can't bring the dog in the house.

Good luck.

DogLover9501
05-01-2004, 12:13 PM
Doesn't he have a dog house or a shed or something he could sleep in?? Or maybe buy a crate/kennel to put outside and put lots of warm blankets in and maybe a warm blanket over it to keep the wind and stuff out??

I really wish your mom would let him in the house and I know you wish that to...:(

MariaM
05-01-2004, 12:17 PM
I'll look into putting a lock on the gate. If you want, I can show you a picture of his dog house. We are going to put a flap on it but it doesn't have one yet.

MariaM
05-01-2004, 12:19 PM
http://img47.photobucket.com/albums/v144/HuckleberryPup/PDR_1186.jpg

guster girl
05-01-2004, 12:47 PM
The dog house looks fine, but, it's not going to keep drunk people from messing with him at night when everyone is sleeping. You were asking for advice, and, really the only thing that would protect him from people hurting him or stealing him would be not to leave him outdoors alone. But, that doesn't seem to be an option, so, I'm not sure what you could do if you thought they might harm him. :(

ChiRen
05-01-2004, 12:56 PM
You can't bring him inside at night, at least? :( ...even for the safety of Major??? :(:confused::(

MariaM
05-01-2004, 01:11 PM
I know the dog house won't keep himi from neighbors, but I think Robyn wanted to see it. I think putting a lock is a good idea. Also, he might start barking at them. He barked at the newspaper guy this morning, and he barked at some other people before. It seems, if you stand behind the gate, trying to get it open, and he doesn't know who you are, he'll bark. If you walk up to the gate, and open it, he won't bark. I think he recognizes who his family is and a lot of people have trouble with the gate.
So, those people probably wouldn't get our gate open. If they did, it would most likely take them a while(especially if they were drunk) , and Major would bark. I would come running if I ever heard him bark at night because he hasn't yet once.
Thanks for your opinions guys.