PDA

View Full Version : Trash thief??

thelmalu99
10-04-2001, 10:43 AM
Does anybody's cat steal trash from the bin? My little Danny has developed this annoying little habit of stealing anything from the bathroom trash. He will sneak in, snatch something from inside the basket and run for the hills with it. It's kind of funny how he does it, but not very funny at all to come home to a house littered with cardboard rolls, tissues and toothpaste boxes. :rolleyes:
He certainly keeps me on my toes!

C.C.'s Mom
10-04-2001, 10:51 AM
That's really funny.
My cats don't dive into the trash, but have their own funny habits:
My old cat used to hide pencils, nailfiles and q-tips in her carrier. When she passed away I cleaned it all out and now I have about 30 files as I never knew where they went to!
One of my other cats used to hide anything that was shiny, like juwelry & tinfoil in a cupboard. When we moved we discovered his little treasury.
Another cat used to go to the neighbors house and get something that belonged to the kids, like teddy bears and socks. Had to go there about once a month to return the stuff she stole from them. Very embarressing!

thelmalu99
10-04-2001, 11:38 AM
LOL, C.C.'s Mom! You had a klepto-kitty!

Chuck, I guess I should be thankful that Danny's not digging through the kitchen trash. :eek: ...then again, I shouldn't speak too soon!!

wolflady
10-04-2001, 01:07 PM
LOL LOL :D What is it with cats and trash?? Given the opportunity, my Marius would be getting into it all the time. He has this affection for plastic bags...ya know the kind they put your groceries in at the store(I use these as my pooper scooper recepticle). We have to put them away, but a couple of nights ago, Marius found one somewhere and was making noise with it all night long. Marius is also a counter bandit. We cannot leave anything on the counter that might strike his fancy, or we'll soon find it on the floor complete with little tooth marks all over! :rolleyes: He also likes those toilet paper tubes too, oh and tinfoil! Pens, pencils, and straws are another attraction for him. Sometimes it's pretty hard to have a totally "cat-proof" home! LOL

thelmalu99
10-04-2001, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by wolflady:
<STRONG>Sometimes it's pretty hard to have a totally "cat-proof" home! LOL</STRONG>

More like impossible!
http://bbs2.fanforum.com/images/smilies/LOL.gif

NoahsMommy
10-04-2001, 02:27 PM
This post seems to be made for Noah! ;)

He LOVES to sit on the toilet while I take a shower or take a bath and partake in something from the trash. He is particularly fond of tissue, dental floss, and any type of plastic. Last night, he found a plastic wrapper and was trying to rip it apart with his paws and teeth. (so cute!) He got mad because I took it away before he could do so...didn't want to go visit the vet to extract it from his tummy! :rolleyes:

He also loves the kitchen trash and must investigate whenever we go to throw something away. Good thing it has a lid on it! :D

onceawench
10-23-2001, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by thelmalu99:
<STRONG>Does anybody's cat steal trash from the bin? My little Danny has developed this annoying little habit of stealing anything from the bathroom trash. He will sneak in, snatch something from inside the basket and run for the hills with it. It's kind of funny how he does it, but not very funny at all to come home to a house littered with cardboard rolls, tissues and toothpaste boxes. :rolleyes:
He certainly keeps me on my toes!</STRONG>

I have a Himalayan who loves to play fetch (really). He prefers crumpled up balls of paper, and if he can't find one to play with, he knocks over the trash cans in the bathrooms and brings out whatever he finds. So now all my bathroom trash cans have lids.

thelmalu99
10-24-2001, 11:44 AM
Hi Laine,
Welcome to Pet Talk. I have this cute little basket as my bathroom trashcan, but I guess I'm going to have to ditch it for a can with a lid. I caught Danny trying to get an empty shampoo bottle out of the trash! Silly kitty. :rolleyes: