PDA

View Full Version : Please help me!

Marie197
04-29-2004, 11:08 PM
I have an unusual problem..or maybe not so unusual to those of you out there. I have a three year old long haired cat that has always been very territorial, however..it has gotten to the point that he is beginning to scare me.

I have a neighborhood cat that keeps tormenting my cat through the windows and sneaks into the heating ducts under my mobile home. My cat goes absolutely crazy and beats on the heating grate. Once the other cat runs away, my cat turns his frustrations toward me.

When I say that he is aggressive, that is a huge understatement. He charges me hissing and spitting. He growls and tries to attack anyone in the house, to the point of pinning you in a corner and attacking your legs. He is declawed, but thinks nothing of taking a bite out of feet or legs. Please, give me some suggestion as to what to do with him, as this has been going on for weeks now. I have tried to close any openings where the other cat can get in, but he breaks through and continues to torment my cat. I am desperate. Thanks in advance for any information or suggestions..

DJFyrewolf36
05-12-2004, 11:52 AM
Try to first see if something could possibly be scaring your kitty. A lot of agressive behavior *In people at least, I've noticed it somewhat in animals too* can be explained by something scaring them. Also, has your kitty been in a fight with the intruder? If he has, it might explain his behavior. Did you come in contact with the intruder cat? If so, he might be sniffing you and getting the odor of his tormentor...that can't help! Consulting with a Vet will rule out any deseases that might be causing his problem. (always a good idea if a stray wanders into your home and has contact with your cat) If the cause isnt physical, maybe a pet behaviorist can help. Most vets can refer you to one although they tend to be expensive. Hang in there! You have to esablish to your kitty that you aren't the aggressor or the intruder into his home.

Marie197
05-18-2004, 02:52 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I have come to believe that my cat is the spawn of satan..and I still can't love him any less. lol

Is it possible for a cat to just have a horrible disposition? If so, I think I have found the king! The other cat isn't actually getting into my home..for the most part. Kind of difficult to explain, but he is getting into the heating vent and fighting with my cat through a floor grate. They don't actually have any physical contact between them, just a lot of growling and hissing!

Again, I appreciate your suggestions. Any insite I get on him.. is better than nothing.
Thanks

DJFyrewolf36
05-24-2004, 04:08 PM
I know that some cats just are plain mean! There is no rhyme or reason, they just are that way. Has he always been agressive or is this a development started when the intruder came into the picture?

Marie197
05-24-2004, 04:24 PM
Mouth, that's his name..has always been evil! From the time I got him, he has bitten, scratched and just been plain rotten.

He is my WalMart special and I love him to death, just don't like the stepped up attitude he has had since this new cat is coming around. I really do appreciate your suggestions..I'm either going to beat the other cat..or..tie mine up! lol..

manda_moo87
05-25-2004, 09:22 PM
Oh what a beautiful cat! - :D

Marie197
05-25-2004, 09:59 PM
Thank you, Thank you.. wouldn't believe what a punk he is just by looking at him! lol

lisalee
05-28-2004, 11:01 PM
Hi and Welcome to PetTalk!

Your cat is just beautiful, sorry to hear he's behaving so harsh to you. Have you tried Feliway? That may help with his aggressiveness or Rescue Remedy may help too! Sash rarely see's cats outside, but when he does he has also attacked me. So I know how scary it can be. Good luck!

Lisa & Sash

http://pages.ivillage.com/lisalee992 (Sashs website)

Petluvr013
06-14-2004, 10:37 PM
My cat also mean and aggressive. I love her to death, but this has become a problem. You should put up flyers to figure out whos cat it is (unless you already know), write found cat with a discription.

If you find that the cat has no home you should get him to the local Humaine Society, They will adopt him out. Everyone is a sucker for a cat in need.