PDA

View Full Version : My situation between my parents.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
04-29-2004, 08:54 PM
Not to bump down those threads that have more importance than mine, like Cass's or Heather's, but I just need to rant/tell everyone what's going on. This isn't nearly as important as theirs, so disregard it if needed.
--
My mom called and asked us to come over after dinner and buy some ice cream.

#1.)Dad says, "Well why don't you come over here?" Mom goes, "Uhh... no."

:mad:

#2.) She doesn't keep track of her money well enough, so she NEVER has money. WE always do things for her. I wouldn't be surprised if she starved to death if my dad and I went on vacation for a week.

#3.) EVERYTIME! She sucks my dad into doing this stuff. I tell him that if SHE wanted to move out, SHE will suffer the consequences, have to actually get off her butt and DO stuff on her own.

So I VERY reluctantly, get up and go with, cuz I always feel I don't have a choice. I was NOT happy about going. I hate that apartment, it isn't my home, it won't EVER be. I can barely stand to be there overnight, let alone go over there every time she calls.

Now, some of you remember my fiasco about my mom not coming to my Christmas band concert. Dad brings it up with her while I was outside with Jake.

He asked, and she said probably. Probably isn't good enough, and honestly, I could care LESS anymore if she DID come.

So, he goes, "Well Jude, this is Meg's big night. The kids aren't able to count on you anymore because you always bail at the last minute or never show up."

Well, this sends dear old mom into a flurry of tears. She starts to cry, and dad tells her she NEEDS to go to counseling, and we will all go with her.

So my dad says goodbye after trying to stop her crying and I never said a word to her the whole time I was there. (A good hour or two.) I was sitting in the car waiting for my dad and brother to come out.

Dad and Jake come out, I'm in the car and we start to drive and he looks over at me, slumped into the seat of the car with the seat back, staring aimlessly out the window.

"You weren't very friendly." he says to me. I rolled my eyes and said, "I didn't even want to come in the first place." It's silent for a few seconds and he says, "I know." He knows how I feel, I tend to lock it up and not let anyone know. He knows I get upset, he knows I hate it when he comes, open armed to her every call. I said, "Dad, you need to stop coming to her all the time." Then he proceeded to tell me about her crying. I tried not to cry the whole way home out of anger.

So now I'm home again, still trying not to cry. I know a lot of you don't think of me as the crying type, but it's been happening a lot lately. I feel like I have no control.

Well mom called my sister, and begged her to come over. I don't know what's happening now, I just want it to end. I want a NORMAL family again, heck, I just want a family.

I'm so lost, confused, everything all wrapped up into one. I have a huge lump in my throat and I don't know anymore.

*sigh*

I hope I didn't bore you.

GoldenRetrLuver
04-29-2004, 09:00 PM
I'm sorry, Meg. :( I can't say "I know how you feel", because I haven't really been in this type of situation before. I honestly hope things get better with your parents...:( If you need me, I'm here. Just give me a buzz anytime.

*hugs*

Feel better.

slleipnir
04-29-2004, 09:11 PM
I want a NORMAL family again

Well you can always look at it this way..atleast you know what a normal family IS like. I use to wish all the time my parents were together so I could know what it was like. I can't say I know what it's like to be in your situation, I was to young to remember. I was three or something. But I do know it's hard. I'm so sorry you have to go through it :( It must be very hard for this to just happen. :( Rememeber, your parents will love you no matter what, you still have your family, it's just a little different now. I'm sure over time you'll get use to it even though it's hard :(

(I hope that I didn't sound rude, cause I never ment to be. :()

Miss Meow
04-29-2004, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by ILoveMyAbbyGirl
Not to bump down those threads that have more importance than mine, like Cass's or Heather's, but I just need to rant/tell everyone what's going on. This isn't nearly as important as theirs, so disregard it if needed...
--

Your problems are as important as anybody's, so please keep venting to us if it helps.

{{{hugs}}}

I'm wondering, did your father handle all the financial arrangements for your family? Maybe your mom's having problems with money as she hasn't had to handle the finances for a long time.

Her life is falling apart too, so I hope you can work out some arrangements to see her while she's picking up the pieces of her life. Can you work out some pre-arranged visits at certain times, so your stress level is reduced a bit?

It'll work out, I don't know when, but one day things will get better.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
04-30-2004, 03:19 PM
Mom came over this morning like she always does, and she seemed fine. I didn't speak to her much though.

I don't know what to do.

moosmom
04-30-2004, 03:44 PM
Oh Meg, I'm so sorry you've got this HUGE weight on your shoulders. Divorce is tough on everyone. There's no way around it.

Just try to stay neutral. I don't think it's fair that they have these discussion in front of you or your brother, and I think you should bring that up to them. Maybe they don't realize they're doing it.

Hang in there honey and know that we are all here for you and to vent anytime, okay? As Miss Meow said, things WILL get better!

(((hugs)))