PDA

View Full Version : What is my cat talking about?

tuxluvr
10-03-2001, 09:38 PM
I saw a partial post on Health, Logan was talking about Butter and how they get into kitty/human conversations. I find myself doing this with Ritz a lot more all the time...wonder if people think I've lost it...

The language is so full of different sounds, I have always been around cats, but never had one permanently living inside with me until now...we have what Ihave affectionately dubbed "coffee chat". Every time I go into the kitchen to grind coffee beans and make a pot, Ritz comes in from wherever she is, sits at the edge of the throw rug and starts "talking"...little half meows, chirrups, I answer back, she meows again...this goes on until the pot is on and brewing....I feel like I'm being given some kind of instructionss.

It's nothing to do with food, because her food dish is full at the time...and she doesn't make this conversation when I do feed her....it's too funny.

It's funny how much enjoyment these furry creatures with watchful eyes add to our lives!

Ritzy's mom

catwoman
10-04-2001, 11:53 AM
Maybe, "Hurry up ...finish brewing your coffee and MAKE A LAP for me!" LOL!

NoahsMommy
10-04-2001, 02:38 PM
How cute!!!!

Noah only talks when he cant find us...

tuxluvr
10-04-2001, 07:05 PM
Awww poor Spencer baby...Ritz gives me the massive guilts whenever I have to take her to the vet -squawls all the way in during the ride in the kitty carrier. Then she turns into Godzilla cat and growls and snarls at all the vet personnel, and hides from us for about a day after we bring her back home.

When she sees a fly buzzing around, she chatters like a little furry dolphin.

NoahsMommy
10-05-2001, 11:13 AM
Tuxluver,

How cute! I bet Ritz's "fly noise" is so precious!

Last night, Noah was in the window sill coaxing the dog from downstairs up. He was making the strangest noises....so cute! :)

tuxluvr
10-05-2001, 06:18 PM
Here's something for the topic line...do female cat's have a wider range of voice pitch than males? Ritzy's little window friend is a tom that has the softest little voice I would swear he was a girl cat. I also noticed that his "vocabulary" is somewhat limited compared to Ritz's trills, chirrups, gurgles, merroowws..and that Ritz has somewhat lower tone in general.

Is it reverse in kitty land? My friend also has an older Tom with the most pathetic little squeak of a voice I've ever heard.

Cat experts out there, your thoughts?

Ila
10-05-2001, 11:41 PM
Misty is quite a talker. I have learned her meos pretty good I think. We have had her for almost 5 yrs now. I know when she is pouting, wanting food and plain just wants Mom to pay attention to her. She has a sound for everything she wants. She thinks she is human. It is really funny.When I am on the phone people think I have a baby in the house because it sounds like she is saying Mom. In a whiney voice, she is so cute!! :)