PDA

View Full Version : I support the war, I don't support the soldiers..

RICHARD
04-29-2004, 06:09 PM
I am so FRICKING mad right now I cannot tell you.

I posted this under the original Pat Tillman thread and decided that it shouldn't be buried there..

I have to say that when my father immigrated to the United States from Mexico, he taught us to appreciate the riches and the freedoms that we have in this country. He also drilled into my head that we MUST be responsible for our words, deeds and actions. His greatest lesson to me was the respect he showed to all of the people in the military, they may have not been fighting for him personally over the last 227 years, but their sacrifices gave him a place that he could call his home, a place where he was free.

He realized that.

He got his wish a few years ago, He became a citizen and he died an American. For that I am grateful...

I am willing to give this moron a pass on what he wrote and why he thinks that way......He
has freedom of speech-but absolutely no grasp of it's proper use...

It's no fun beating up on people who cannot or will not use their brains.

--------------------------------------
--------------------------------------
I was mad at this punk at first and then I read he wasn't from the United States.

I guess in his neighborhood in Puerto Rico the 'smart ones'
cower in fear and have no nationalistic pride.

I wonder where he was hiding on 9/11..

Macho, patriotic crap.....It allows pond scum to propogate in a college journalism class.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ESPN.com news services
AMHERST, Mass. -- A University of Massachusetts student has openly criticized Pat Tillman, calling the former
NFL player a Rambo-like idiot in the school paper.

The column in question was submitted by graduate student Rene Gonzalez and published Wednesday in the
Daily Collegian. It was titled "Pat Tillman is not a hero: he got what was coming to him."

Gonzalez writes that Tillman was a "Rambo" who probably acted out of "nationalist patriotic fantasies." In his
own neighborhood in Puerto Rico, according to Gonzalez, Tillman would not have been considered a hero, but
a "pendejo," or idiot.

The column drew harsh criticism from many on campus. University president Jack Wilson says the op-ed piece
was "disgusting, arrogant and intellectually immature."

Tillman, who gave up his NFL career to join the Army Rangers in 2002, was killed in combat one week ago in
Afghanistan. The military announced on Wednesday that he has been posthumously promoted to the rank of
corporal and awarded the Purple Heart and Meritorious Service Medal.

"You know he was a real Rambo, who wanted to be in the 'real' thick of things," Gonzalez writes in his column,
which is posted on the collegiate paper's Web site. "I could tell he was that type of macho guy, from his
scowling, beefy face on the CNN pictures. Well, he got his wish. Even Rambo got shot in the third movie, but
in real life, you die as a result of being shot. They should call Pat Tillman's army life 'Rambo 4: Rambo
Attempts to Strike Back at His Former Rambo 3 Taliban Friends, and Gets Killed.'"

Gonzalez also says that Tillman's service was not "necessary."

"It wasn't like he was defending the East coast from an invasion of a foreign power. THAT would have been
heroic and laudable," Gonzalez writes. "What he did was make himself useful to a foreign invading army, and
he paid for it. It's hard to say I have any sympathy for his death because I don't feel like his 'service' was
necessary. He wasn't defending me, nor was he defending the Afghani people. He was acting out his macho,
patriotic crap and I guess someone with a bigger gun did him in."

In a letter to its readers Thursday, the Daily Collegian says Gonzalez' opinion in no way reflects that of the
newspaper's editorial board. A column by one of the editors praising Tillman's sacrifice ran in the paper next to
the one by Gonzalez.

"We do not hold back from printing news stories, columns or editorials that may upset our readership --
instead, we seek to both inform and stir debate through our publication," the letter, also posted on the Web
site, reads. "Our decision to publish Gonzalez's column -- an opinion piece written by a member of our campus
community -- is the only way for us to live up to this ideal."

Tillman will be eulogized at a public memorial service in his hometown of San Jose, Calif., early next week, and
funeral arrangements are pending.

The body of Tillman arrived at Dover Air Force Base in Delaware on Monday. His brother, Spc. Kevin Tillman,
also a Ranger with the 2nd Battalion of the 75th Ranger Regiment, was expected to accompany the body to
the funeral home, Lawrence said.

Tillman was killed in a firefight on a road near Sperah, about 25 miles southwest of a U.S. base at Khost.

After coming under fire, Tillman's patrol got out of their vehicles and gave chase, moving toward the spot of
the ambush. Beevers said the fighting was "sustained" and lasted 15-20 minutes.

The Cardinals said they will retire Tillman's No. 40 and name the plaza surrounding the new stadium under
construction in suburban Glendale the "Pat Tillman Freedom Plaza."

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

lizbud
04-29-2004, 06:43 PM
Hey, another reason to pump up the old blood pressure......

The college student didn't say he supported the "war" at all
so why say,

"I support the war, I don't support the soldiers.. " ?

RICHARD
04-29-2004, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by lizbud
Hey, another reason to pump up the old blood pressure......

The college student didn't say he supported the "war" at all
so why say,

"I support the war, I don't support the soldiers.. " ?

Just taking the tongue out for a spin!

Hi blood pressure?
Cut down on your salt intake, it works for me.

This rene gonzalez is one of the dudes behind thos e communist party fish wrappers that you see on college csmpuses nation wide.

LOLOL,

he's one of those Che Guevara followers that champion the 'rights of workers' at all the rallies and and after he takes home and boinks all the gals that find his rhetoric "fascinating".

http://www.workers.org/ww/

He stated that 'Someone with a bigger gun' killed Tillman and since he shows no compassion or feeling about his death it just leads me to believe that he doesn't care about the servicemen
that the American stooges send to war-
So instead of calling for a stop to all the killing, he gets on his little soapbox and starts to slam a guy like Tillman.

Common decency tells you that anyone killed in any war deserves a little respect....

In days gone by, people were a little more respectful of others and freedom of speech was something that was used in a respectful way by the people who realize just how precious it is and how many people died trying to give us that right.

I think I'll use my freedom of speech right now and ask you this,

Why wonder about the title of the thread and not the content of HIS editorial?? Doesn't the fact that he slams some soldier that you support get you upset in the least?

Remember, Freedom of speech gives you the right to shake the tree, But do not complain when the NUTS
fall on your head.

I always wear a helmet.

lizbud
04-29-2004, 07:22 PM
His thesis, or speech, or what ever it was for class was
not well written. He'd get a C minus, maybe.

RICHARD
04-29-2004, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by lizbud
His thesis, or speech, or what ever it was for class was
not well written. He'd get a C minus, maybe.

context or content?...

Just kidding...;)

It was and editorial piece for the newspaper....

My point is that when someone, in a position as his, opens his mouth, he must accept responsibility to what the people who read it have to say......

He can go ahead and spew his small minded, vitrolic hate mongering -then cry 'foul' when someone challenges it.....but by being such a cold, shallow minded -I don't want to call him a person- scum sucker, he truly shows the bitterness in his mind and the chill in his heart.

guster girl
04-29-2004, 09:45 PM
I can't believe this guy's in college. I'd have never guessed it was written by anyone out of junior high school. I'm all for publishing differing opinions, but, it's not saying much for their paper that they're going to publish someone's piece that is so terribly written.

RICHARD
04-30-2004, 11:50 AM
In a nutshell....

http://www.dailycollegian.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2004/04/29/409073723500a

mugsy
04-30-2004, 06:52 PM
And when he gets death threats from equally stupid people, will he be a "Rambo" too? Will he "get what he deserves?" What a jacka$$. He's entitled to his opinion, but, I'm also entitled to mine and I think he's an idiot....or what is word used in "his neighborhood?" If we're so awful, perhaps he should go to college in Puerto Rico....just a thought.

Soledad
04-30-2004, 06:58 PM
Puerto Rico is a part of the United States.

IMO, this guy is an idiot and hardly worthy of a PT thread. That's giving him too much publicity.

RICHARD
04-30-2004, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by mugsy
I think he's an idiot....or what is word used in "his neighborhood?"

Pendejo.

"Maricon" is a sissy.....

Mugs,

Don't get too riled up about him....

"Tis better to be thought an ass than it is to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

I spoke to my mom and she told me that a news station reported he 'apologized' for his remarks....

A real 'man' would have stood by his statement.

;)

Soledad, you are right....but sometimes it's good to put a 'face' to the trash we have in our back yard.......It makes the clean up oh so easy!

mugsy
04-30-2004, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
Mugs,

Don't get too riled up about him....

Not riled up....I'm too tired for that!! lol I'm just in a bad mood!! hehehe

ziron
05-13-2004, 07:34 AM
I think Tillman did a brave thing going to the rangers being one of the harder and more dangerous forces however it was his choice I wouldn't call him a hero..unless u save the world your no hero to me (kidding) I don't know if Tillman saved someones life when in the firefight but if he did then I'd call him a hero But he did want to help in the war which is a couragous thing to do not many people do that so give him respect for that this college IDIOT has no idea what he's talkin about he's talkin about him as if he knew him so well that he was the rambo type. when you join the rangers they teach you how to be a soilder not like they give u a m60 and say go get some taliban so once u get out of basic even if u were a rambo type your not gonna be once u get out....the rangers are some of the best Inf. This college kid should be shot. All people like him too. The only thing I got for ppl who join the military is that they can't complain about the war. Now if u were drafted and its not voulntary then you got the right to complain all ya want. But anyone who makes fun of someone for diein for their country needs to die <- I will NOT respect people with such a view

DJFyrewolf36
05-13-2004, 09:22 AM
My brother risks his rear end every day....
I don't even know where he goes most of the time. Tillmans unit was working in conjunction with the unit my brother is in and it makes me realize how dangerous it is out there.
Some @$$head thinking its ok to flame a guy for trying to make the world safer *one of my favorite paradoxes is "To make peace you must prepare for war"* needs to spend some time getting tortured by his own government and used as a test subject for chemical weapons and THEN asked what he thinks. Maybe he should loose his wife/girlfriend *if he were lucky enough to get one, although most women would find this guy to be a self serving so and so* in a horible terrorist act and THEN asked what he thinks. Maybe he should work in a sweat shop and THEN asked what he thinks. The fact that he can even GO to college is because people like Tillman were "Idiots" and chose to voulenteer.
Eh, then again, George Washington was called an idiot too...
If you don't like the war, fine. Freedom of speech is one of this countrys greatest perks. Protest, demonstrate, b***h whine moan but DON'T dishonor the dead. Its people like this guy who will get our freedom to speak taken away from us.
Keep in mind, it isnt the soldiers fault for what the politicians want to do.
Ugh....I'm done now....