PDA

View Full Version : Unbelievable!!

K & L
04-29-2004, 03:38 PM
For the past 6 to 8 months we’ve had a little gray feral cat coming in our backyard on occasions. I started setting food out because it is so thin, but could never even get close to it. If it saw us even look out the window, it was gone. WELL last night I went outside with some wet food on a paper plate. The cat I dubbed “Yardley” was back there and started to dart. I called it and all of a sudden it turned around and cautiously came to the plate! I stayed there very still and kept holding on to the plate of food until it started eating. I began petting it and OMG, it didn’t run and actually started rubbing on my legs! I see that “Yardley” is a she and we have an appointment next Monday to have her spay. Now I just hope she continues to let me pet her so I don’t have to trap her.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-29-2004, 03:44 PM
I just don't know how all these kitties know about you Lisa. That kitty underground is working overtime in your area I think. ;)

Thanks for taking care of yet another poor little abandonded soul. :)

Barbara
04-29-2004, 03:48 PM
I am sure you were overwhelmed by this sudden change in behavior. What was it that told her it was time?

A little miracle:D

Cataholic
04-29-2004, 06:21 PM
How totally cool!

Kater
04-29-2004, 07:30 PM
What an exciting breakthrough! Good luck with Yardley's spay!!!

{{{hugs}}} for all the great work you do!!!

QueenScoopalot
04-29-2004, 07:44 PM
So many dumped cats have to resort to being feral, through no fault of their own sad to say. Sounds like Yardley...(isn't that the Manly Deoderant soap)? may be a good case in point. Scared to death being dumped, but likely a sweetheart once rescued. Someday I'll tell Cookie's story, and post her pics.

moosmom
04-29-2004, 07:49 PM
WAY TO GO K&L!!! Kudos to you!!

krazyaboutkatz
04-29-2004, 11:43 PM
This is wonderful news!!!:D Good luck with Yardley's spay.

Ally Cat's Mommy
04-30-2004, 02:24 AM
`Wow - what amazing progress. Good luck "catching" her for the spay!

catcrazylady
04-30-2004, 05:59 AM
My hat is off to you all once again!!! Thank God the little girl found you and thank God you are willing to help yet another!!
I LOVE the names you all come up with!!!!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

catmandu
04-30-2004, 09:16 AM
Yardley , was checking you , out , seeing if you were a consistent Feeder , before she made her move. I have Strays , like that , that are still undecided!

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-30-2004, 09:21 AM
What a sweet wonderful story!! I am sure Yardley connected with you and could tell that you love her and want to help her..

I bet those scritches felt good to her!!:D

catnapper
04-30-2004, 09:25 AM
Wow. You do the work of a cat angel! I don't know how you do it! But obviously, it pays for itself when all of the cats come to trust and know you! :)