PDA

View Full Version : goodbye sweet Jasmine

SandraDee
04-29-2004, 01:20 PM
It is indeed a sad day. This morning we found that our beloved Jasmine, our purebred rough collie had passed away during the night. She was 11 years old and lived and died here at the same house. She had 160 acres to play in and many other dogs along the way to play with. You had a good, healthy life and lived a life that many other dogs would envy you for. For that I am grateful. You were a good girl Jazzy and you will be missed. Our last of the collies. You were Matt's birthday gift when he was 10 and it was so nice to see the bond that you shared with him. I know he loved you. He isn't one to show emotion, but I know he feels the loss. Thank you for all the happy years. I loved going for walks with you, you walked along side of me so gently, never pulling. I shall miss you in the blueberry patch this summer! Now you have joined Blue, Lady, Molly and Mitsie at the rainbow bridge. Thank you for sharing my journey.

anna_66
04-29-2004, 01:31 PM
:( I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your sweet Jasmine. Nothing hurts more than loosing a loved one.
Even though I've only seen this one picture of Jasmine she looks & sounds like she was a wonderful girl.

R.I.P. Jasmine

I just wanted to take this time to welcome you to PT. I'm sure you've seen how friendly everyone is already. I hope you stick around and maybe share a little about Jasmine (when/if you feel like it).

Anna

ramanth
04-29-2004, 02:29 PM
RIP Jasmine. :(

Denyce
04-29-2004, 03:14 PM
I am so sorry for the loss of your Jasmine. She reminds me so much of the rough collie I grew up with. My parents bought her for me when I was just 4 in 1966 and she died just short of her 14th birthday. I of course named her Lassie and being an only child we had many wonderful adventures together.

I am sure that your Jasmine brought as much love and joy and laughter into your life that my Lassie brought into mine. I know you must miss her something fierce.

RIP Jasmine.

Welcome to Pet Talk.

Denyce

My Peanuts
04-29-2004, 03:15 PM
RIP Jasmine :( Sounds like you had a good life and a great family.

SandraDee
04-29-2004, 04:14 PM
Thank you so much to all of you for understanding how much it hurts to lose a beloved pet. Not everyone in this world understands and it is nice to have a place to share my loss.
This is a picture of Jasmine with her mother, Lady taken years ago. Jasmine is the one with the white blaze on her face. She was such a pretty girl!

My Peanuts
04-29-2004, 04:20 PM
We really do understand your pain here. I had a 9 year old Shih Tzu named Angie that I considered to be my sister and my best friend. Sadly she died on June 10, 2003 of IMHA (a blood disease). Angie had blood transfusions and tons of tests run. She was diagnosed and died within a few days and it was really hard because she was completely fine until three days before she died and we still don't know what caused it. My family was sick about Angie's death. My dad even missed work for three days. I still miss her like crazy and when I pray at night I talk to her. She is buried in my yard and when I leave for work I blow her kisses. Trust me, we truly understand your pain and nothing seems weird to us when it comes to loving pets.

SandraDee
04-29-2004, 04:32 PM
thank you Diana. Sorry to hear about your little ShihTzu. They are such characters. We have two Bichon/ShihTzu cross puppies and they are a lot of fun.
I tried to attach some pictures of Jasmine and Lady and I see it didn't work. I'm going to try again.

primabella
04-29-2004, 05:33 PM
I am so sorry about Jasmine, SandraDee. She certainly was a gorgeous girl! It sounds like she had quite a life with you.

RIP Jasmine. :(

sabies
04-29-2004, 06:13 PM
RIP Jasmine. You sure did have it good on earth but I'm sure you will enjoy the Rainbow Bridge where there are already friends waiting.

Marie410
04-29-2004, 06:48 PM
I am so sorry about the loss of your sweet Jasmine. The pictures are wonderful, her sweet personality shines through. I am sure she is young again and playing hard at the bridge just waiting for the day when she'll be united with her companions.

Play hard at the bridge, sweet Jasmine, you were well loved and well lived.

Sudilar
04-29-2004, 07:15 PM
So sorry for your great loss of beautiful Jasmine. She will live on in your heart forever.

KYS
04-29-2004, 08:39 PM
I am so sorry to hear such sad news.
Jasmine, lived such a happy long life with you and
now she is watching over you.
RIP

GoldenRetrLuver
04-29-2004, 08:44 PM
Oh gosh. :( I'm so sorry. I also have a three year old Sable and White Female Rough Collie named Molly. They're such great dogs. RIP beautiful Jasmine. :( Have fun at The Rainbow Bridge.

P.S. Is that a Golden in the picture? :)

SandraDee
04-29-2004, 09:01 PM
Yes, that is a golden retriever in the first picture. Her name is Sandy. My husband and I bought her for our anniversary 3 years ago. In the couch picture, the little black and white pup's name is Molly. What a co-incidence eh? Unfortunately, she died last September at only 6 months old. Really broke me up, I still miss her. She was such an angel.
We ended up buying two Bichon/Shihtzu puppies this past November to help get over that loss. But each dog is so different, they really are individuals, just like people.
Sandy is our first golden. They are such love bugs aren't they? And such "retrievers". I've never had such a varied collection of "stuff" brought into the yard!

Albea
04-30-2004, 10:13 AM
A poem for you from Jasmine:

I AM NOT THERE

Do not stand at my grave and weep;
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn's rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush
of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there, I did not die.

Various sources attribute this poem to the one of the following authors:
(A) Mary Frye
(B) Joyce Fossen
(C) An unknown member of the Hobi Native American Tribe

Have fun at the Bridge, beautiful Jasmine.

K9soul
04-30-2004, 12:53 PM
Rest well, dear Jasmine. I too have been privileged to be loved by two collie boys when I was younger, both of whom have passed on now, at the ages of 12 and 13. I think of them still, constantly, and I miss them sorely.

Jasmine was a beautiful girl, thanks for sharing her picture, and my very deepest sympathies for the loss of your beloved girl.

SandraDee
05-01-2004, 09:45 AM
thank you Albea for the beautiful poem, it brought tears to my eyes. There is such an emptiness around here, you can really feel a difference. Sandy, our golden retriever seems so sad. It breaks my heart. The other day I put the puppies in the pen that I usually used for Sandy and Jazzy and let Sandy have free roam, and she just layed down outside the pen to be near them instead of just roaming around. I think she is really missing Jazzy.:(