PDA

View Full Version : More digital camera questions....

DogLover9501
04-29-2004, 10:49 AM
Okay well, most of you know by now :p, that I am getting a digital camera for my birthday.

I had my mind set on a canon powershot(A70 or A80) but I don't think I am going to get $500 for my Birthday:o

So I was wondering if there are any other types of cameras that have the things I'd like, which is I want it to take good close-ups, and to take movies, and to also be able to look through all the pictures and delete some and all that before putting them on the computer(not sure if they all have that or not?) And I really NEED it to be very user friendly!

I was also wondering, what is the difference between a Canon powershot A70 and a Canon powershot A75?? Because for some reason, I think the A75 is cheaper....

Well any help will be good, and everyone can suggest different cameras if they want lol I would just like to know all about everyones Digitals and I may have to set my mind on another.

wolfie
04-29-2004, 10:52 AM
I was all confused about digi cameras too, then I found this site:

http://www.dpreview.com/

it's really great! click on side-by-side on the left to compaire cameras, or buying guide to see which camera you should get.

Hope that helps! ^_^

Katiesmom
04-29-2004, 01:02 PM
I have found that the Kodak digital cameras are the BEST and very user friendly and they are about $200 or so but you can get them on sell for $150 or so...I love mine I wouldn't trade it for nothing it takes the best pics I have a cannon regular camera and it takes better pics than the cannon....KODAK everyone needs one:D

You can take movies with it and it has a LCD monitor on the back so you can view, tag and etc. before you put it on the computer...:)

Kfamr
04-29-2004, 01:36 PM
The Canon Powershot A60 (what I have) is only $135 or around there US.

It has video & sound, takes awesome close-ups and much more.

It's rather cheap compared to when we got it (when it first came out, around $300 something)

It has basically everything the A70 and A80 have.

VERY user friendly, i've basically taught myself how to use it.

I recommended it completely.

DogLover9501
04-30-2004, 07:34 PM
I can't seem to find a Canon powershot A60 around here, I've only found Canon powershot A70, A75 and A80

Also, alot of people told me that Kodak was no good :confused: this is hard lol

Kfamr
04-30-2004, 07:52 PM
I haven't been too proud with any of the Kodaks or Sonys i've used..

I'll look around for that Canon for you. :)

Dogz
04-30-2004, 07:54 PM
I hate my Kodak.

I do admit, it takes pretty nice pictures, but I would NOT say it is the best camera, and I have seen other cameras take better pictures, quality wise. I am actually getting a new one.

So, that's another vote down for the Kodak.

Kfamr
04-30-2004, 07:57 PM
They have it here (http://www.canon.ca/english/index-products.asp?lng=en&prodid=436&sgid=23&gid=2&ovr=1)

You can look here (http://www.canon.ca/english/index-dealerlocator.asp) to see where they sell.

Katiesmom
04-30-2004, 08:12 PM
well everyone has something to say about all cameras just as I don't like the cannons but we all have our opinions but I haven't found anything to dislike about the Kodak.....:D

Cinder & Smoke
04-30-2004, 10:02 PM
DogLover ~

You might want to review some of the information
that was posted on a similar thread you started in March >>>

Digi Camera Questions & Answers (http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44865)

I would again suggest that you BUY the camera IN Canada!
Shipping a US-bought camera into Canada will be VERY expensive!

/s/ Phred

binka_nugget
04-30-2004, 10:15 PM
I think the A75 and A70 have take the same size pictures. I found this on a site..

The Canon PowerShot A75 is the successor to the popular Canon A70, adding a larger LCD screen, a direct print button, and an image-orientation sensor to the A70's successful design.

So I guess it's pretty much the same for the most part. My friend has a fairly expensive kodak. She dislikes it alot. I've used it a couple times. It's much more user friendly because there were far less modes and functions but the overall quality wasn't that great compared to the canon which I paid the same price for. I also have used a couple sony's. I dislike a majority of sony cameras as well.

If you can find the A60, I say GO FOR IT! :D I don't think I'll ever purchase another brand. I'm extremely satisfied with the Canons I've seen. I'm sure if you keep searching, you'll find it. Maybe even get it shipped from another province. I'm not sure if this site includes your area but Buysell.com is a great place to look for used cameras.

DogLover9501
04-30-2004, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Cinder & Smoke
DogLover ~

You might want to review some of the information
that was posted on a similar thread you started in March >>>

Digi Camera Questions & Answers (http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44865)

I would again suggest that you BUY the camera IN Canada!
Shipping a US-bought camera into Canada will be VERY expensive!

/s/ Phred

I just wanted everyone to tell me all about their own digital cameras in this thread and I would maybe pick one that sounds great for me, was never going to get one shipped from the US;)

Also thanks Kay for that site, and thanks to everyone else, I will deftinatly look harder for the A60, But I haven't had any luck yet, both the A70 and A80 are out of my price range(over $400) so I hope the A60 is alot less

DogLover9501
04-30-2004, 10:38 PM
Also forgot to add, I looked for the Canon dealer locator thing, and it said "No locations found." :(

DogLover9501
04-30-2004, 10:41 PM
Does anyone know much about FUJI Cameras??

Kfamr
04-30-2004, 10:45 PM
I own a FujiFlim FinePix 1300 as well -- a few others here do too, i believe. It's nothing compared to the Canon of course, but it's a GREAT camera - a way older series of Fuji camera, probably very cheap now if you can find one for sale. It's also VERY user friendly. It was my first digital and I was able to figure everything out myself. It took good close ups as well.

DogLover9501
04-30-2004, 10:49 PM
What about....
FUJI FINEPIX A120 DIGITAL CAMERA
Capture every cool moment with the Fuji FinePix A120 digital camera. Its 3.1 MegaPixel quality (effective pixels) and high-performance optics assure impressive, fine detailed images, and brilliant colours. And data captured with the FinePix A120 lets you enjoy beautiful, high-quality prints as large as 8 x 10 inches. This camera also features 3.1x digital zoom (in 640 x 480-pixel mode) magnification (35mm camera equivalent of 38mm to 117mm), to capture subjects near or far. Want to get closer? Macro mode lets you focus in to approximate 9cm. The FinePix A120 is styled for fun. The unique cut-away design is easy to grasp and fun to use. It also features one-touch, fully automatic operation. Just turn on the power by sliding the lens cover and press the shutter button. Automatic controls ensure accurate focus and appropriate exposure and white balance to give you great pictures, the first time and every time. Other convenient features include movie recording capability up to 60 seconds, video output for TV monitor, USB digital interface, PictBridge compatible, for direct PC-free printing, multi-language LCD display, xD-Picture-Card™ support and low power consumption.

DogLover9501
04-30-2004, 10:50 PM
Or.....
FUJI FINEPIX A205 DIGITAL CAMERA
Features 2.0MP conventional CCD, 3x optical zoom lens, multilingual menu, lower power consumption and video-out (NTSC or PAL) allows you to view images on a standard TV. Compact, lightweight design. xD picture card expansion (xD cards sold separately).

DogLover9501
04-30-2004, 10:53 PM
Theres also one thats even better though, and still in the price range ;)

FUJI FINEPIX A330 DIGITAL CAMERA
Once you try our one touch fully automatic Fuji A330 digital camera you'll agree that with it's 3x optical zoom, 1.6x digital zoom, 3.2 MegaPixel quality and xD memory expansion it's not only easy to use but it makes your pictures crisper, sharper and full of brilliant colours while helping create amazing high-quality 8" x 10" prints. Other features include zoom up to 10cm to create your tiny favorites. A multi-lingual function is able to support 6 languages. And if the ability to create breathtaking pictures isn't enough, this digital camera also includes a 60-second movie making capability to watch on your TV or PC. The most amazing thing is that is only operates on two AA batteries and has low power consumption so it will last longer, and you won't have to spend a lot of time searching for the right batteries. The best of life's memories demand a good camera.

DogLover9501
05-01-2004, 05:20 PM
Just need to bump this up ;)

Do any of the cameras I posted about sound like anything I said I wanted? :o Don't know much about these things yet :p