PDA

View Full Version : Chinese steps are dangerous!!

Lilith Cherry
04-29-2004, 06:53 AM
Hi everyone , I havent been around because my husband fell down a flight of marble steps in the rain and is in a Chinese hospital here with a severe concussion . I have been sleeping on a wooden bench next to him sinc3e the 17th April.... you have to do most of your own nursing , and feed the pastient from outside .. Please spare a few good thoughts for us and i will be back asap!

catnapper
04-29-2004, 07:02 AM
OMG! Is he getting better? When will he be able to come home?

Prayers for his health and strength to return so that you can get him out of there and nurse him in the comfort of your own home!

anna_66
04-29-2004, 08:54 AM
Oh how terrible:( I'll be sending out many good thoughts for you both.
Anna

Randi
04-29-2004, 10:05 AM
I'm sorry about your husbands accident, how terrible! :( I'll be sending positive thoughts that he'll get well soon - and hope to see you back here also. :)

Miss Meow
04-29-2004, 04:29 PM
We take so many things for granted here.

I hope your husband recovers soon. You are probably the best nurse he could have, anyway :)

RICHARD
04-29-2004, 04:36 PM
Wow, hope he feels better, and..

here is the stupidest question on earth!

If you were to bring some 'take out' to hospital, would it be American food-like hamburgers???

I was just wondering because 'take out' means I'm having Chinese food that evening!

AmberLee
04-29-2004, 07:10 PM
Wow! I'm having a bit of culture shock here.

{{{hugs}}} across the miles and hoping he's feeling better soon so you can both recuperate at home (er, home-away-from-home?)!

Good luck.

Lilith Cherry
04-30-2004, 10:02 PM
Thanks for the good thoughts everyone! He is hopefully being allowed to leave the hospital tomorrow but then must stay in bed for another two weeks at the apt. Richard , there is one McDs but its a bit far the hospital so he only a hamburger once in the last 15 days LOL... Most of the time it was hardboiled eggs and sandwiches and lots of tea and milk brought from the apt by me .. occassional Chinese food fetched from a nearby small restaurant too . He is now at the stage where is moaning and wanting to go home poor guy so Im glad they are letting him out soon!

Lilith Cherry
05-03-2004, 11:43 AM
Well we got out of the hospital at last and John is now recuperating at our apt for at least another month..... His cat (Pearl) was soo pleased to see him at last. So was Jade but happier to have me back to bite and bug whenever she is inclined ! Have to return for another CT scan in about 4 weeks when I hope everything will be fine ,, Thanks for the good thoughts everyone!

Katiesmom
05-03-2004, 12:57 PM
Hope he recovers soon:)

anna_66
05-03-2004, 01:05 PM
So glad he is home and recovering:)

AmberLee
05-03-2004, 02:35 PM
~~~ sending healing vibes and purrs in hopes they'll speed his healing! ~~~