PDA

View Full Version : Velcro Cat

Edwina's Secretary
09-26-2001, 09:08 AM
My husband has been out of town since Sunday. I thought this meant a few nights of blissful sleep but I forgot about the VELCRO CAT. When either one of us has to go out of town Edwina vanishes and the Velcro Cat appears in her place. Normally she is a reasonably affectionate cat who needs her space. She has been at the door waiting for me, sitting on the table while I eat, scaring me half to death by crying piteously if I move out of her sight and sleeping so tight against me I could not move. No night patrol for her this week! When we went upstairs last night she went and stood next to the bed at look at me as if to say, "Get in there!" and proceeded to jump on the bed looking at me expectantly. Of course, I complied.

catwoman
09-27-2001, 05:48 PM
LOL, Edwina's Secretary! I've been wondering what the term for that phenomenon is ...

Misty2002
09-27-2001, 10:08 PM
I can understand how that would be annoying, but don't you like it in a way as well. The extra company while your husband is out of town?

Edwina's Secretary
09-28-2001, 10:49 AM
Mitsy,

Yes, it is very comforting to have Edwina so close when I am alone! She claims to be a great guard cat too (although I do recall having to rescue her from a squirrel a couple of weeks ago.)

I like it anytime Edwina decides to be cuddly!

purrley
09-28-2001, 12:12 PM
Dear ES
My Keisha (at the Rainbow Bridge) was like that. She stuck to me like glue, bawled whenever I was out of her sight. Consequently I took her almost everywhere I went - that was about 14 years ago. She developed a cancerous tumor at the base of her intestines and had to be put down. Even though I've had several cats since - I will never forget my sweet Lynx Point Siamese there has never been another one like her.

Mickey4Paws
09-29-2001, 08:31 AM
I really like that - velcro cat. So fitting.

My husband works 2 nights a week and on those nights, my cats Mickey and Meesha, are like that. I actually love it :)