PDA

View Full Version : Drama queens/kings

kitten645
04-29-2004, 01:57 AM
Do you all know drama queens/kings?? I've found more queens but it's just draning. My mom is definately one and I avoid her habits but I see it so often. Makes me weary

stacwase
04-29-2004, 05:53 AM
My sister's dog is a really drama king. If he gets hurt, even a tiny bit, he runs all over yelping loudly. It doesn't take much for him to spend the day favoring one paw (he forgets which paw it was though). I think it's because he loves the attention he gets.

Oh - you meant people! Yup - lots of drama queens.

catnapper
04-29-2004, 07:04 AM
My ex-best friend. No matter what, she'd take whatever anybody said as a personal assult and react as such. It was REALLY tiresome to to walk on eggshells around her and wonder if the next thing you'd say would cause an uproar. She was my best friend for the longest time too... I look back now and wonder WHY she was!!!!

Denyce
04-29-2004, 10:17 AM
Yup....know drama queens...in my home life, work life and my internet life...don't particulary care for them...not even on message boards or chat rooms. My eyes tend to do lots of ...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I mean.....if you need support or help then get to the point and ask in a direct and honest manner....don't figuratively weep and wail and throw yourself about seeing how many people will respond to you. I am always willing to help someone who truly needs and wants and is honest about it. I just ignore the drama queens.

Denyce

Denyce
04-29-2004, 10:20 AM
My sister's dog is a really drama king. If he gets hurt, even a tiny bit, he runs all over yelping loudly. It doesn't take much for him to spend the day favoring one paw (he forgets which paw it was though). I think it's because he loves the attention he gets.

stacwase....this is sooo funny!:D :D ...my mother had a male cat that used to get real dramatic. When ever he threw up he would fall over sideways right afterwards with his legs stuck out straight like he fainted. It was very funny...:D

Denyce

lizbud
04-29-2004, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Denyce
Yup....know drama queens...in my home life, work life and my internet life...don't particulary care for them...not even on message boards or chat rooms. My eyes tend to do lots of ...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I mean.....if you need support or help then get to the point and ask in a direct and honest manner....don't figuratively weep and wail and throw yourself about seeing how many people will respond to you. I am always willing to help someone who truly needs and wants and is honest about it. I just ignore the drama queens.

Oh, I know what you mean. :p :p But, it's really kinda sad in
a way, that their lives are so messed up that "dramatics" gets
them the attention they desparately crave. :(

Anyhoo, loved the story about the cat. LOL.:D I'd love to see
that.:D

Cataholic
04-29-2004, 02:41 PM
Yup..I was in college, and this guy I was seeing used to call them "phsychological burdens". It totally fits. I don't rise the bait, very often. And, I try to help them exit my life. NOT cause I don't want to help, but, cause I recognize they don't really want 'help', they want the attention.

slick
04-30-2004, 01:47 PM
:D You should visit my workplace. It's full of drama-queens.

2kitties
05-01-2004, 03:02 PM
I'm a huge drama queen.

Where's my crown!?

edit to say I've reconsidered my position. I am less drama queen and more Princess. But either way, I'm still looking for my crown.

Tonya
05-01-2004, 03:16 PM
Oh, I have many in my life. My least favorite is Elly. I've been friends with her since 7th grade and she's like a thorn on my side. She's had so many woes in her life, but they're all her fault. She always whines to me about the injustices of the world and her horrible luck, but it is her!

Just last weekend, she called me. The number was private on the caller id, otherwise I wouldn't have answered. haha. She quickly goes "Hey, quick major favor...I was at your house last Saturday from 7pm until 3am. We were just talking about life and drinking wine." I haven't seen or hung out with her in a long long time, so I was like WTF? Five minutes later, her boyfriend called to check her alibi. (Apparently she was out with some other guy.) I didn't want to get involved either way because they are both losers, so all I said was "Don't be calling me over your relationship problems! Take it up with Elly!"

Then, she calls me the next day and complains about how she can't believe that he doesn't trust her and what a jerk he is.

I also have a Drama King that I work with. He gets offended by everything. He is constantly getting a straight face and saying "What do you mean by that?" He will often appologize for offending us when he did nothing, and ask for appologies when we did nothing. He thinks everyone (including his own race) is racist and out to sabotage him.

:rolleyes:

catlady1945
05-02-2004, 08:24 AM
You said it for me, Denyse. The weeping, wailing message board ones - Lord help us!

whalelover
05-02-2004, 07:14 PM
Theres a drama queen in my class. Her name is Calyn, and my god she drives me INSANE!! She's always trying to start a fight, and anything I say or do is offending her, and when she's "mad" at me, so goes and tells all the girls what a loser I am and tries to turn them against me, but good thing my friends are actually good and tell her off...like my god why would they care about her stupid drama queen life problems? Then whenever shes with any of my friends she constantly talks about me(my friends tell me, but they stand up for me..good thing)and she sais that "Sara buggs me soooo much!! She devotes her whole life to making my life miserable!!" AS IF! If I devote my life to anything it would be orcas...I eat sleep and breathe them! Like I would waste my time giving her something to tattle about...:mad:
And if shes talking to you, and the teacher gets her in trouble, she NEVER EVER takes the blame, she ALWAYS sais to the teacher, "But it was Sara!!(or whoever)then loudly she'll go "Thanks Sara(or whoever duh lol). But like anything like that you know.
Then, when we were at the pool last summer, she brought toffee, and I have braces, but I ate a TINY bit of toffee, and of course the toffee came right out. Calyn was about to get braces in about a week or two after this happened, as a matter of fact she had spacers in at the time and ate some toffee too, but she took her spacers out and LOST them! Anyways, after she went back to her house and was talking to her mom and she told her mom that I had eaten some toffee, and her mom sais that she doesn't agree with the way I'm eating toffee, my orthodontist must get really mad at me, blah, blah, BLAH!! So this goes on for quite awhile, Calyn telling her mom absolutly everything that I do, and her stepdad, and her parents saying bad things about me, then her comming to school and telling me what they say hoping to get me to say something bad about her parents so that she can go and tell them, and even her real dad said I'm a "bad influence" on their of course, perfect daughter.:rolleyes: And they said other things that I can't remember. Anyways, it's on going. I thought that we had been getting along pretty well this year, when just yesterday my friend was hanging out with me and tells me "Oh, Calyn always talks about you when we're together." And apparently she said the thing about me devoting my life to making her life miserable was said this week. So yeah this really pissed me off so when I saw this topic I posted!

nibblets
05-07-2004, 11:49 PM
AUGGGGHHHH! I have known quite a few Drama royals....and also their cousins the Crisis cravers. I have a friend who does not know how to live without some sort of crisis going on in her life. If things are going smoothly she will do something to wreak havok.....needless to say, I try not to include myself in her life any more than neccesary. I hate to be that way with her, but I haven't got the time nor the inclination for that much trauma in my life.

kitten645
05-08-2004, 01:29 AM
I know all the types everyone here has mentioned. Most annoying to me,probably because I don't actually "know" them are the cyber/drama queens. They find a forum and it's always SOMETHING! Nothing that adds to the community, like real issues related to the forum or the actual topic but things like "Please pray for my runnaway son". Turns out the kid was 24 and it was on a music related forum! It's called "moving out" lady!!
And the lovely "I'm done" types that feel the need to announce their leaving. It's not like you have to deal with these people in your job or family! If you aren't having fun on an online forum for goodness sake...don't let the door hit you on the way out! Dramatic farewells are merely a cry for attention.
There are also the "calamity jane's" of the world. I work with someone who I believe has true issues but I can't help feel that somehow they are self induced on some level. I've set many appointments thru the years with her and KNOW there will be something DRAMATIC that happens. She showed up once with her face scratched beyond belief...her CHICKEN attacked her. Next time it was with a collar. Her horse kicked her. Next time she was wearing a turban because she'd had an allergic reaction to something and lost her hair. I swear there have been three dozen things in the three years I've known her and I can't IMAGINE anyone with that much bad luck. I think she subliminally uses this for attention.
All these are very draining for sure. I guess in the end I should sympathize with the cry for attention. But my instinct is to RUN!

Ally Cat's Mommy
05-08-2004, 02:50 AM
My 15 year-old son is going through a DRAMA episode at the moment! I have told him that he cant go out with his friends in the evenings after school, or have weekend sleepovers until after the EXAMS. Of course now I have "ruined his life" and he will "never have any friends or any fun, ever again"

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: SHEESH:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

dukedogsmom
05-08-2004, 06:24 AM
Yep, we've seen them here the last few days. There's a girl at work like that. I gave her the nickname "Attention Ho" So that's what I call all the people like that, now.

guster girl
05-08-2004, 02:53 PM
There's a girl I work with that is a drama queen. She is so funny. I just take her with a grain of salt. We are simply acquaintances, and, yet, she always has these deep dark secrets to share with me, finishing all her stories with "But, you're the only one that knows, please don't tell anyone." And, I know she's probably told everyone the same thing. She's a klepto, too. It's ridiculous. Yesterday, I was coming in to work and she was breathlessly running for the door saying that it's been a day from hell. Then, when she reached me, she grabbed both of my arms and hurriedly whispered, do me a favor! THere's an envelope on my desk in a black basket. It looks like a paycheck but, it's a receipt. Please get it and put it in the shredder! Then, she runs off. less than a minute later, she's running top speed back to her desk yelling I FORGOT TO TURN OFF MY COMPUTER! So, I asked her if she was going to take care of The Envelope. She said she would. I know it probably doesn't make sense to you, it actually didn't to me, either. But, several coworkers and I laughed about it for about ten minutes. She's so hyper! :)