PDA

View Full Version : Toys in food Dish

kgeorge
09-26-2001, 06:42 AM
I bought Sundance these little mice aobut 1" long, he loves them - bats them around and then carries them around. When I came home yesterday I found one in his food dish (dry food) and then he was playing with it and I got up this morning and it was in his dish again. I don't mind but I was wondering if any of the other cats do this? He is a one year old NOrwegian Forest Cat. Thanks :)

tmckay
09-26-2001, 11:34 AM
Mir absolutely loves those little mice. I have found them in her food dish, her water bowl and if you don't watch her, she will drop them in your glass. I have fished a few furry mice out of my water, OJ, Coke, etc. :)

jbttrfly54
09-26-2001, 11:36 AM
funny to hear that. actually my cat "Charlie" has these little balls of fur that I bought him, and I ALWAYS find them in his water dish...and my sister's cat "Simba" always plays with hair rubberbands and puts them in the food dishes, and if that happens, Charlie won't eat out of the dish..almost like he's afraid of the rubberbands? :rolleyes:

yorkster
09-26-2001, 02:41 PM
kgeorge, both my cats do that, but more with their water dish. I find their toys, wads of paper, bread-ties, etc. in there. One of my cats is a M. Coon mix, the other is all M. Coon. It's a common trait with them to do that- especially with their water. I believe that N. Forest Cats are closely related and have similar personalities......

Logan
09-26-2001, 03:55 PM
Hehehe!! Here is Butter with his "mouse" in the water bowl!

http://wsphotofews.excite.com/025/GP/Fx/Nx/4d35372.jpg

kgeorge
09-26-2001, 06:55 PM
Thanks for the info, Sundance is a Norwegian Forest Cat, very close to Maine Coon and as I type this he has brought Mousey upstairs with him, his behavior is exactly as everyone described, I did check out POTD. Maybe these big guys are all alike. Some people think the Maine Coons came from Norwegian Forest, also Siberians have some similiar traits. Anyone own a Siberian? They look like fun also.

4 feline house
09-26-2001, 08:28 PM
In the water bowl, in the food bowl, in the bathtub, in my shoes, in my bed, in their bed.......

yorkster
09-27-2001, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by Logan:
<STRONG>Hehehe!! Here is Butter with his "mouse" in the water bowl!

http://wsphotofews.excite.com/025/GP/Fx/Nx/4d35372.jpg </STRONG>

Hey Logan, your Butter looks a lot like my M. Coon mix. Same cream coloring with some orange around his head & tail, only he has longish hair. My guy has blue eyes, I don't know what color Butter's are. I have been told more than once that mine is M. Coon and Himilayen.

Logan
09-27-2001, 08:03 AM
I was going to attach another picture of Butter so you could see his blue eyes, but my webshots albums are empty! I'm so distressed. Hope that there is just a big in their system. I have emailed them.

Logan
09-27-2001, 11:13 AM
Whew! The pictures are back now.

Here's Butter, right after he "found" us.

http://wsphotofews.excite.com/028/dj/a1/go/WW10079.jpg

purrley
09-27-2001, 11:52 AM
Logan - I swear I was looking at my Braydee when I saw your sweet Butter. Swear to God they could be twins - Braydee's just a little whiter in the face. And by the way - I'm finding my hair tie backs in the cat dish along with those ring things from milk bottles - such imps the little rascals are :D

yorkster
09-27-2001, 11:56 PM
Yup, that's what my cat (Kedi) looks like, except with longer hair. Butter is beautiful!

kgeorge
09-28-2001, 11:27 AM
Butter is so beautiful, thanks for sharing

tuxluvr
10-03-2001, 09:56 PM
Awww Butter, what a beauty you are! As to the mousies in the food and water dish...Ritz is far from a Norwegian Forest cat...just an ordinary Tuxedo marked short hair...but she is great at dumping things in her food and water dish, not the least of which is her "ratty"..a dish rag tied in a knot that she carries around in her teeth. Lately it shows up on the kitchen floor sopping wet...yuk....which means she not only dropped it in the water dish, but somehow fished it out again....into the laundry it goes.

She also has this "routine" with her toys. There are about 5 milk rings, all of which find there way under the same closet door in the same little pile...at night she drags a number of her toys upstairs and into bed, one morning I woke up to find her asleep at the foot of our bed with her paw around the "ratty" (dry this time, thank goodness). I also found a collection of wiffle golf balls stashed under one of the sofas.

She loves the little mice, but after her bout of chewing off the fur (was being withheld food before her spay) and getting sick, I'm afraid to let her play with them. The milk rings, however, have proven to be a wonderful substitute...amazing all the money I've spent on cat toys and she plays with the free ones.

She also tells me when she doesn't approve of a toy I bought....she sniffs it, walks past it and pretends to "cover it up" like it was something distasteful in her litter box....hmmmmm nice editorial comment, Ritzy!

yorkster
10-05-2001, 07:34 PM
Tuxlover- I used to have a cat that would try and 'cover up' my cup of coffee. I guess she did not like the smell of it or something. It was always a fun trick to show people, and she would do it EVERY time. She would stop in the middle of whatever she was doing when she heard a cup of coffee being brewed/poured. Funny......she was a tuxedo cat too!

tuxluvr
10-06-2001, 07:57 AM
http://wsphotofews.excite.com/038/2w/5A/Jq/4q12704.jpg Miss Innocent Ritzy
http://wsphotofews.excite.com/035/GU/ZL/pQ/sv68430.jpg Stealth Ritz

[ October 06, 2001: Message edited by: tuxluvr ]