PDA

View Full Version : Cat Crazy Lady, count your blessings!!!

RICHARD
04-28-2004, 06:37 PM
Rugby league player gains a tooth

A rugby league player had an opponent's tooth embedded in his head - and didn't even notice until after the match.

Widnes Viking Shane Millard was being treated for a head wound after a match with Castleford Tigers when the tooth was found, reports The Guardian.

The tough Australian hooker had sustained a head gash when he collided with the Tigers' Dean Ripley but was patched up at half-time and sent back into the fray with a headguard.

It was only when he was being stitched after the game that the Castleford physiotherapist alerted Widnes to the possibility that Ripley could have left part of a tooth in Millard's head.

"Ripley apparently had half of a tooth missing, so the club doctor, who said human bites carry more germs than a cat's or a dog's, was sufficiently concerned for me to have a hospital check-up after the game," said Millard.

"I went to the hospital nearest the club at Whiston, where they took x-rays of the wound and said there was definitely something lodged in there.

"They told me to come back the following morning when they would have a clearer picture.

"Sure enough it was part of a tooth. I was given a local anaesthetic and then they blasted a tooth out with three packs of saline solution. The tooth came out just as the anaesthetic was wearing off.

"I've had a few injuries in my time but this is certainly the strangest. But I'd rather have a gash on my head than lose a part of a tooth. At least I keep my good looks."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am really sorry but I thought you might like to see this.....
:eek:

Ally Cat's Mommy
04-29-2004, 01:27 AM
:D :D :D ROTFL:D :D :D

catcrazylady
04-29-2004, 05:56 AM
ROFLMAO!!!
Well, they did tell me that was why they were doing xrays in the hospital! I have learned that the BITER may recieve as much damage as the BITEE!!
Serves em right in my book!! http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/wink.gif http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

RICHARD
04-29-2004, 11:12 AM
I guess we can file that under....

Tough Australian Hooker attacked by Tiger??:confused:

catmandu
05-05-2004, 11:50 AM
Now thatis A Sports Story , that you dont hear everyday!