PDA

View Full Version : i really need advice.. badly

AiredaleLover
09-06-2001, 07:27 PM
my cat just had kittens. her name is popeye. popeyes motehr lives with us also. willow (popeyes mom) is very close to me. she cuddles alot and she snuggles. ever since the kittens have gotten here she hates to be near popeye. its sad. she scratched me when i tried holding her. is there anything i can do to make her stop this aggresiveness? :confused: :mad:

Karen
09-06-2001, 08:19 PM
I am sure there are others more experienced with this situation than I am who will chime in. I have often known of mother cats who at some point decided that their children were no longer welcome. This could, though, just be a very stressful time for Willow, and she's just in a bad mood. How long ago did Popeye have her kittens? I would, for now, just try to find time when you can just focus on Willow, quiet time just being with her and petting her, or just hanging out in the same area with her. It's a big adjustment and disruption to her whole life, and her own daughter's at fault! Give her a nice skritch for me, and just tell her you'll always love her, no matter what.

lizbud
09-06-2001, 08:59 PM
HI .. Only advise I can offer is to please
try to keep Willow in a separate place,away
from Popeye & kittens.It's not a natural
situation for cats with kittens to share close quarters with other cats, even if they are related .Hope someone with more experience can help You with this problem. Good Luck to You!!
P.S. Are Willow and Popeye spayed yet??

AiredaleLover
09-08-2001, 08:26 PM
ok thanks for advice willow is spayed but not popeye. i ahve spent alot of time with willow and shes gettin better. the kittens sre 3 days old today (sept 8.) :) :D

lizbud
09-08-2001, 08:52 PM
AredaleLover,
So happy to hear that Willow is doing better!! Thanks for letting everone know the
Good News! Hope Popeye & Babys are doing ok
too.Popeye, being a new mom needs to have
some quite time with the babies right now..
I'll bet Willow loves the special time
you give her. Best of luck with this and
please keep us posted.Pet Talkers care !!!

AiredaleLover
09-12-2001, 04:31 PM
hi guys! kittens are fine (thank god) and willow is doing ok. she still hisses once and a while, but no physical contact. lets see the kittens are almost a week old!

sry i dont have a pic, but i might soon. :)

lizbud
09-16-2001, 08:58 PM
AirdaleLover,
Thanks for the update.So glad Popeye & babys
are doing well, and that Willow is acting
better. Do you have a Vet in your area who
can give the babies their first shots later
on when they are older? Sounds like you're really doing your best to help both Willow
and Popeye & the babies. Good luck & Best wishes.

AiredaleLover
09-19-2001, 12:38 PM
hi guys! all kittens have their eyes open.. best of all willow loves her dear popeye again! :p

lizbud
09-19-2001, 02:28 PM
Happy to hear that Willow & Popeye are getting along again.I'll bet the babies a really cute!!
Just found a new Cat & Dog site at; http://www.verybestpet.com .It is sponsered by Friskies and has lots of great
information for pet lovers.I found out a few
new things about cats myself. Thought it might help you sometime.Good Luck!!!