PDA

View Full Version : Need internet help

catnapper
04-28-2004, 10:18 AM
We changed ISPs a few months ago. I used to have Yahoo, but now have netzero. We switched all the software over and uninstaleld Yahoo as much as possible. We couldn't uninstall it completely because it said it was not able to find something it needed.

Anyway, we can't use Outlook Express because its still associated with Yahoo.... how do I get it to use the netzero stuff? Its a bit annoying:rolleyes:

aly
04-28-2004, 11:33 AM
I'd have to play on your computer directly to figure it out.

What happens when you try to open Outlook? Does it give an error?

catnapper
04-28-2004, 11:37 AM
No Outlook opens just fine. It only opens connected to the Yahoo account. It keeps searching for the Yahoo connection and then doesn't find one.... it gives me an error when I try to send the message.

Katiesmom
04-28-2004, 11:56 AM
You need to go in outlook and switch the account over to netzero..in Outlook go to Tools and then Accounts and if netzero isn't there then you will have to add it and set it as default....

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-28-2004, 11:57 AM
When you open outlook express, click on tools on the top menu bar. When the menu drops down, way on the bottom is an option for Accounts. Click on that and then click on the "mail" tab.

Highlight and "remove" any accounts associated with yahoo. Then create a new account with the Netzero settings. You may need to call them to get the settings. Once you get the Netzero account set up, make sure it is the default setting.

This should work. If you're still having problems, let us know, but once you delete the Yahoo accounts it will at least stop looking for that account and giving you an error.

:)

aly
04-28-2004, 12:00 PM
Ohhh I SEE now! Sorry, I thought you meant you couldn't open Outlook for some reason.

Do what T&P's Mom told you to do. Here is the information you'll need for the Net Zero account:

http://www.netzero.net/support/email/auto-configure.html

catnapper
04-28-2004, 12:17 PM
Thanks! you guys are great! Now I'll need to to fuind a site where I can pull Outlook and and use it! :D

RedHedd
04-28-2004, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by catnapper
Thanks! you guys are great! Now I'll need to to fuind a site where I can pull Outlook and and use it! :D Huh?

catnapper
04-28-2004, 02:19 PM
You know... when you go to any site and they say "e-mail us" you click the link, and Outlook Express pops up.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-28-2004, 04:58 PM
You know... when you go to any site and they say "e-mail us" you click the link, and Outlook Express pops up.

...uuummm....does this mean you don't have a shortcut on your desktop for Outlook Express? If you don't, you should have it in your "programs" list. Click start then "all programs" or "programs" depending on which Windows version you're using. Scan through all the programs that open up and you should find Outlook Express. If/when you see it, right click on it and "send to desktop(create shortcut)" and you can then open it anytime you want without finding some website to open it.

Let me know if this is what you mean and if you have any problems creating the shortcut. If it's not on your programs list, it's a little more complicated but you can still create a shortcut.

RedHedd
04-28-2004, 05:04 PM
You know... when you go to any site and they say "e-mail us" you click the link, and Outlook Express pops up. Oh! Duh! Of course .... that happens when you set OE as your default e-mail program. Silly me! :rolleyes: