PDA

View Full Version : Kitten Update

K & L
04-28-2004, 09:24 AM
We actually held the kittens last night. They were NOT happy about it, and Kevin even got some nasty scratches and a minor bite from the one I call a little spit fire (must take after mom:D ).
I told Kevin we should call him Kentucky, for Kentucky Wild Cats! Plus Kevin is from Lexington.

We will continue to socialize them slowly. Everytime one hisses at me I stick a spoonful of chicken baby food at it 's mouth. It stops hissing and starts licking:D !

I took some photos and will post as soon as I get the time to upload them.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-28-2004, 11:23 AM
Sounds like good progress!

Can't wait for the pics! :D :D

Ally Cat's Mommy
04-28-2004, 11:33 AM
Great news! I am looking forward to the pictures!! I MUST remember that antidote for Hissing Kittens - Chicken Baby Food!

Uabassoon
04-28-2004, 04:55 PM
I want to see pictures! Right now it still looks like we will be taking two of them, but I'll let you know for sure ASAP. I think we are waiting to see our paychecks this Friday to make sure we will have enough for the trip up there!

K & L
04-28-2004, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Uabassoon
I want to see pictures! Right now it still looks like we will be taking two of them, but I'll let you know for sure ASAP. I think we are waiting to see our paychecks this Friday to make sure we will have enough for the trip up there!

OK, I will need to know ASAP in order to get them in the no-kill shelter. Space is VERY limited and I sure don't want to have 3 more cats I can't find homes for:eek: ! Once I tell them I want on the list, the kittens are their's. Thanks and keep me posted.

Uabassoon
04-28-2004, 06:06 PM
Ok we WILL be getting two kittens! How much longer will it be before we can pick them up? We are both so excited about this! :)

K & L
04-28-2004, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Uabassoon
Ok we WILL be getting two kittens! How much longer will it be before we can pick them up? We are both so excited about this! :)

It all depends on how much you want to work with them to tame them. If you want us to calm them down, then I would suggest at least a couple of weeks. If you're both patient and want to tame, I would say anytime. If plans change for you in the next couple of days please let me know!! We're excited also! 2 of them will let us pick them up and pet them, but still hiss. The little spitfire actually let me pet him/her the whole time it ate, then once done, started the hissing and spitting. I will PM you with my phone number. Maybe it would be better to talk.