PDA

View Full Version : toys in the DOG dish.........

yorkster
01-13-2002, 04:05 PM
I have 2 cats: a 7 yr.old M. Coon/Himilayen mix, and a 1 yr. old pure M. Coon.

Kedi & Wylie have always put toys, food, etc. in their water dish, but the last couple days have been putting stuff in the dogs water!
THIS morning I got up to find a dryer lint sheet, a bread tie, and one of their toys in her dish.
:D
Don't know which one is the guilty party, or if they were both involved........... :rolleyes:
Cats! Gotta luv em! ;)

sasvermont
01-13-2002, 06:20 PM
How funny! I once had a cat that would snag food from my plate and put it in his dish. It would be solid things like a bagel or cookie or toast. He would also help himself to cookies if I left a bag out on the counter. He would take chicken off the grill and run to put it in his dish! He lived to be 18, so it must not have hurt him. He also put toys in his water dish - often things that would absorb the liquid. How funny! :eek:

Logan
01-13-2002, 08:56 PM
If webshots were working, I'd love to share a picture of Butter, with his mousie in the dog dish!! :D Must just be a cat thing!!! :D

NoahsMommy
01-14-2002, 01:37 PM
That is sooo cute!! Like they are picking on the poor doggy! Cute!!!

Noah and Noel don't put things in their food dishes or water fountain...yet... :rolleyes:

yorkster
01-14-2002, 04:28 PM
Thanks everyone :D

It's been a lot of fun watching our cats and dog (Scout) get to know each other. Scout is 3 yrs., and had never been around cats before (we adopted her in July). And our kitties had never even seen a dog either.

Our 1 year old kitten and the dog like to chase each other around the house. It's funny because when they do this, Scout will sort of 'prance' when she runs , like a cat, rather than running like she normally does.

Then our older cat actually gets jealous of them spending time together, gets a very angry-looking face on, and stalks off.

[ January 14, 2002: Message edited by: yorkster ]