PDA

View Full Version : Kiba's getting spayed :(

slleipnir
04-27-2004, 03:59 PM
I have a bad feeling for some reason. She went into today for her operation. Mom said she just started to be in heat yesterday too which is weird. Unfortunatly that means an extra 50 bucks though :rolleyes: Oh well..I'm just worried even though I know she'll be ok..I've seen the operation donemany times and she's at one of the best vet collages...I can't help but have an iffy feeling though..my poor girl. :( I miss her already!

Twink
04-27-2004, 05:02 PM
Just breathe...you know she's in good hands and you're doing the best thing for her. It's natural to worry! I was in a tizzy all day when Rizzo was fixed, and he's a boy. I'm sure you've got some PT prayers behind you for Kiba. When is she supposed to come home?

Good luck and kissies, Kiba! Milk it for all it's worth when you get home!

sirrahbed
04-27-2004, 06:00 PM
Yes, I worried the whole time when Emily was spayed. She had to spend the night also:( Of course she was fine but that does not help us not to worry! They are our babies. I suspect that bad feeling is because of the fact she went into heat at the last minute and that was an unexpected *hitch* to throw you off a bit. Do you think? By now, she should be all done and I hope you report back soon and let us know how Kiba is doing OK? Take care. You two can do lots of gentle snuggling when she gets home:D

slleipnir
04-27-2004, 06:28 PM
They're not doing her till tomorrow for some reason. They said they have to do some tests to make sure she's healthy..or something. She doesn't come home till Friday that means :( I miss herrrrrrrrrrr...:( I hope she won't be really sore. I know when Jo got spayed she was still as hyper as ever and so excited to see me almost like she never had anything done.

Maybe I am more worried cause she's in heat now. It's weird though cause my friends kitten is older then Kiba (Kiba is around 7 months) and her kitten isn't/hasen't been in heat. Lucky hehe. I worried about Zeke too when he went in. I guess I'm a worry wort

Kater
04-27-2004, 06:44 PM
I'll pray that everything goes smoothly for sweet little Kiba tomorrow. Most likely everything will go just fine, but I totally understand that you're still worried. Snuggle with Zeke, Josie and Smitten to pass the time. :)

sirrahbed
04-27-2004, 06:48 PM
oh SORRY to hear you have to wait an extra day:( I am a worry wort too - when it comes to my babies!! Kater is right though - snuggle the others and that will help:D

catnapper
04-27-2004, 07:18 PM
Keeping paws crossed that she has a uneventful and perfect operation!

I too worried endlessly about Pouncer. I was a nervous wreck! Its normal for a meowmie to worry about her little baby.

slleipnir
04-27-2004, 08:17 PM
Yeah, I'm sure she'll be fine..but I feel extra crappy today and knowing she's there and not with me makes me more sad. I know it's best for her and all but yeah.

trayi52
04-27-2004, 11:21 PM
Kiba will be fine, don't you worry about her. I know it is hard to have them stay away from you like that. When I had Grover spayed, I missed her so bad. They only kept Grover overnight, and that seemed like forever to me.

I know you feel lonely for her, so try not to worry so much. Everything will be alright, funny how we worry about these sweet little beings, and how they manage to crawl right into our hearts and grow those roots so deeply!

She is lucky to have a mommy that loves her as much as you do.

I will keep you and Kiba in my thoughts, and you keep us updated on how she is.

Willie:) :)

PayItForward
04-28-2004, 01:55 AM
Thinking of Kiba, hope everything is well with her :)

Kfamr
04-28-2004, 02:02 AM
I'm sure she'll be fine. Good luck, and a speedy recovery ahead!

catmandu
04-28-2004, 09:01 AM
The Found Cats , Feeder , Stray Cats and The Cat Angel army , are all PRAYING , for Kibas quick recovery , and that she will be reunited with you SOON!

emily_the_spoiled
04-28-2004, 09:02 AM
I know when I took both Tanner and Emily into be fixed I was very nervous (more so then when I went in for surgery). I phoned a couple of times during the day just to make sure they were okay. My vet's office keeps them over night and that was one of the longest night...

My thoughts are with you, but she will just fine and come home real soon.

Ally Cat's Mommy
04-28-2004, 02:23 PM
Its natural to be nervous - we are all usually in a tizzy when our "babies" go to the vet! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Keep us updated!!!

slleipnir
04-28-2004, 03:33 PM
The vet called and said she had her operation today. He said everything went well and she's doing good. PHEW! He said they want to keep another night to make sure she doesn't get infection...or something -sigh- EVERY time I get up I think 'Aw, where's my little Kiba now?' then I go look inher fav spots and remember she's not here...It's so strange that she's not here..everytime I get up I go look for her and give her hugs and kisses (unless shes snuggling with me, then she still gets hugs and kisses and gets annoyed cause I moved her from her comfy spot ;))

Anyway, I can't wait ot pick her up :) I miss her soooooooooooooooo much I know this is stupid and childish, but I cried for a while last night cause I was worried/missed her :X

slleipnir
04-30-2004, 10:54 AM
I get to pick Kiba up in a few hours. I can't wait to see her :) The vet said she's doing good and resting comfortably, but she has/had a slight fever :( Poor kitty.

Ally Cat's Mommy
04-30-2004, 12:14 PM
I am glad she came through the op well - I am sure you will feel much better once she is home with you! (((HUGS))) to both of you!

slleipnir
04-30-2004, 03:17 PM
She's home now. She's doing well. On the way home, I looked at her and said 'Aw Kiba, I love you baby!' and she looked at me and did that eyes-half-shut thing cats do when they're contently sleepingish, and meowed at me (only no sound came out) lol It was like she was saying she's ok. It made me all teary eyed XD hehe. Smitten doesn't seem to kknow who she is now though and it's like we never had her cause all she'sdoing is hissing

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-30-2004, 03:20 PM
Awww....I'm so glad she's home now and doing good. She smells like the vet's office right now, so that's why Smitten is hissing again. She should get over it soon once she realizes it's Kiba and not some other cat again. :)

trayi52
04-30-2004, 03:25 PM
I'm so glad to hear Kiba is home and doing so well after her surgery. That is great news! I bet you are so very happy to have that baby back in your arms, and she was giving you eye kisses, how sweet. She is glad to be home to her mommy too.

Glad she is back with you. :)

Willie

sirrahbed
04-30-2004, 05:04 PM
awww...such good news! I love it when they are still kinda sleepy like that-so sweet!! You guys can cuddle all evening!!:D

catcrazylady
04-30-2004, 05:21 PM
I'm sorry I missed this in the beginning but I'm so gald it is all over and everyone is doing good!
It's awful when they're gone to the white coats. No matter how much they tell you they are ok you just know that they don't know your furbaby like you do.
I'm glad she is home and I'm sure by now she has gotten lots of hugs, kisses and snuggles. The best healing medicine in the world!!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/smile.gif

cloverfdx
05-01-2004, 12:11 PM
Sorry i missed this.

I am so glad Kiba is home and well. And getting lots of loving from her Mama as well. I hope she continnues to improve. {{{Hugs for Kiba}}}

You cannot help but worry, when i dropped Elvis off to be neutered on Thursday i was nearly in tears coming out of the Vets thinking the worst but he was fine.