PDA

View Full Version : Falling for a dog!

RICHARD
04-27-2004, 12:38 PM
Girl's fall broken by stray dog

A four-year-old girl who fell from a third floor balcony was saved after she landed on a stray dog.

Livia Ungureanu from Baile Olanesti in central Romania fell from the balcony of her family home after leaning too far over to throw food to the dog, named Nusa.

Her grandmother Jeni Ungureanu, 77, said: "She leaned too far over the balcony standing on a stool and lost her balance while I wasn't looking.

"I saw her lying on the ground and thought the worst. But she fell on top of the dog which cushioned her fall."

Doctors at the local hospital released the youngster after a check-up and said she was "lucky" to have sustained only minor injuries. Nusa was also given the all clear by a village vet.

"It's a miracle that she is still alive. This dog saved her life," added her grandma who has now agreed to let Livia keep the dog as a pet.
--------------------------

Does that qualify as a dog 'rescue'??:eek:

Pam
04-27-2004, 12:57 PM
WOW! I was holding my breath until the end of the article to see if the dog survived. Nice ending for everyone! Now I can exhale. :)

FizzGiggs_Mommy
04-27-2004, 12:57 PM
Wow What a miracle that was! And it is SOOOOO great the dog has a forever home!

CathyBogart
04-27-2004, 09:00 PM
What a great story!! I'm glad it worked out well for everyone!!

DogLover9501
04-27-2004, 09:07 PM
Wow!!! Isn't that amazing!

Im glad they are both okay, and it's very amazing how they found each other this way, the little girl will love that story when shes older!

Thanks for sharing!

Logan
04-27-2004, 09:38 PM
That's a heck of a way to meet your new best friend!!!! I sure am glad it had a happy ending for all!!! :)

stacwase
04-28-2004, 06:46 AM
Can you imagine - you're just happily straying down the street, sniffing the doggy newspaper, minding your own business and you look up and this kid is flying toward you lightning speed! WHAM! Heck of a way to meet your new owner!

RICHARD
04-28-2004, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by stacwase
Can you imagine - you're just happily straying down the street, sniffing the doggy newspaper, minding your own business and you look up and this kid is flying toward you lightning speed! WHAM! Heck of a way to meet your new owner!

Fate has a way of dropping in on you!;)

Andiphant
04-28-2004, 12:42 PM
It must've been a pretty nice dog to not have bitten her out of fear/surprise of being landed on!

Thanks for sharing such a sweet story. Wish there were pics.