PDA

View Full Version : You'll never believe this...

ChiRen
04-26-2004, 10:16 PM
Look at what I came home to today!!
http://img24.photobucket.com/albums/v72/ChiLauren/Taelir/1.jpg

Yep yep, that gorgeous girl is...MINE!! My mom and dad got a call yesterday ((which I was totally unaware of)) from the shelter Cameron was at. They told my parents about a 3-year old Siberian Husky they had named Snowflake. After meeting her today, they were hooked. I came home from school and there she was, lying on my bed waiting for me. :)

I almost started crying I was so happy lol.

She is one of the sweetest, happiest dogs I've ever met. Her tail is constantly wagging, and she has a smile that just doesn't stop.

Her name at the shelter was Snowflake, but we renamed her Taelir ((pronounced "Taylor")). :)

Here are some more pictures of her, but they are all from the shelter website. I took a bunch today with my digital camera, but since we are still having a problem getting the photos onto the computer I can't get them up right now for you to see. So these will have to do for now. ;):p

http://img24.photobucket.com/albums/v72/ChiLauren/Taelir/2.jpg
http://img24.photobucket.com/albums/v72/ChiLauren/Taelir/3.jpg
http://img24.photobucket.com/albums/v72/ChiLauren/Taelir/4.jpg
http://img24.photobucket.com/albums/v72/ChiLauren/Taelir/5.jpg
http://img24.photobucket.com/albums/v72/ChiLauren/Taelir/6.jpg

...more coming.

ChiRen
04-26-2004, 10:18 PM
http://img24.photobucket.com/albums/v72/ChiLauren/Taelir/7.jpg
http://img24.photobucket.com/albums/v72/ChiLauren/Taelir/8.jpg
http://img24.photobucket.com/albums/v72/ChiLauren/Taelir/9.jpg
http://img24.photobucket.com/albums/v72/ChiLauren/Taelir/10.jpg
http://img24.photobucket.com/albums/v72/ChiLauren/Taelir/11.jpg
http://img24.photobucket.com/albums/v72/ChiLauren/Taelir/12.jpg
http://img24.photobucket.com/albums/v72/ChiLauren/Taelir/13.jpg
http://img24.photobucket.com/albums/v72/ChiLauren/Taelir/14.jpg

Welcome to your furrever home Taelir!!! :D :D

captain
04-26-2004, 10:19 PM
Whoooooo Hooooooooooooo - Congratulations!!!!!!

Karen
04-26-2004, 10:21 PM
Wow!!!!!!
Congratulations!!!!!!

Blustang24
04-26-2004, 10:23 PM
Congrats on your new beautiful sibe girl!!!!! Sh'es sure is gorgeous!

ChiRen
04-26-2004, 10:24 PM
Thank you so much you guys!

I would have posted this earlier, but I've been busy with her all day soooo...I figured you'd all understand. ;)

lovemyshiba
04-26-2004, 10:28 PM
She is beautiful!!!

Congrats on the new addition!!!

Miss Meow
04-26-2004, 10:29 PM
Congratulations!

She is the sweetest dog :) Welcome to your forever home!

ChiRen
04-26-2004, 10:37 PM
Thanks! :)

CountryWolf07
04-26-2004, 10:45 PM
AWWW!!

Another Siberian Husky owner in here!! :) Wait til' Amy sees this thread!! :D Congratuations!! I'm proud of your parents to adopt!! I got Anna and she was only 2 years old when we got her.

ChiRen
04-26-2004, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by CountryWolf07
AWWW!!

Another Siberian Husky owner in here!! :) Wait til' Amy sees this thread!! :D Congratuations!! I'm proud of your parents to adopt!! I got Anna and she was only 2 years old when we got her.

I know, I'm so happy! For ages, I've been so jealous of those of you owned by Huskies. :p Now I can proudly say that I am under the full ownership of a Husky-girl of my own. ;)

I never thought my parents would give into getting a Husky ((I know they take a lot of work)). My mom told me they weren't really planning on getting her at first, but as soon as my mom met her...she fell in love. And she quickly won my dad over. ;) She also mentioned that she wanted to scoop her up before someone else did. :p;)

CountryWolf07
04-26-2004, 10:51 PM
That is AWESOME!! That's exactly what happened with my parents! We were gonna get a 8 weeks old yellow lab mix that we were looking at - then my dad saw the guy with Anna, so Dad remembered how I was crazy about Huskies and he went over and talked to him. He had told my dad that he would give her over to him, for FREE, he just didn't want to go through filling out forms to put her in the shelter - I was such a happy girl that day.. Anna freaked me out when I walked in the door, I remember, LOL.. She ran up to me, and I jumped, and I was like, Wait.. wait.. IS that OUR dog? I was so expecting a puppy.. but instead, we have her. I wouldn't trade her for anything in the world. :)

G.P.girl
04-26-2004, 10:52 PM
AWWWWWW!!!!! i love huskies!! CONGRATS!

ChiRen
04-26-2004, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by CountryWolf07
That is AWESOME!! That's exactly what happened with my parents! We were gonna get a 8 weeks old yellow lab mix that we were looking at - then my dad saw the guy with Anna, so Dad remembered how I was crazy about Huskies and he went over and talked to him. He had told my dad that he would give her over to him, for FREE, he just didn't want to go through filling out forms to put her in the shelter - I was such a happy girl that day.. Anna freaked me out when I walked in the door, I remember, LOL.. She ran up to me, and I jumped, and I was like, Wait.. wait.. IS that OUR dog? I was so expecting a puppy.. but instead, we have her. I wouldn't trade her for anything in the world. :)

lol I didn't even know what to do when I walked into my room. I just kind of stood there for a few minutes with my jaw dropped to the floor. Even after she got up and came over to me, I still couldn't grasp the whole concept. lol. And even now, as she's lying here next to me, I still don't really believe it. lol.

ChiRen
04-26-2004, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by G.P.girl
AWWWWWW!!!!! i love huskies!! CONGRATS!

Thank you!! :D

Kfamr
04-26-2004, 11:02 PM
Congrats to the both of you and your family! Cute pictures. :)

ChiRen
04-26-2004, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Congrats to the both of you and your family! Cute pictures. :)

Thanks Kay! :)

Tonya
04-26-2004, 11:21 PM
Congratulations! She is beautiful. You can just tell from the pics that she's got a wonderful personality.

ChiRen
04-26-2004, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Tonya
Congratulations! She is beautiful. You can just tell from the pics that she's got a wonderful personality.

I thought the same thing, Tonya! It's that smile! lol :D

Kater
04-27-2004, 12:11 AM
CONGRATULATIONS!!! :D :D :D Wow, I am so happy for you!
She looks like a total sweetheart!
CAN'T WAIT FOR MORE PICTURES!!!!

jenfer
04-27-2004, 12:20 AM
CONGRATULATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

binka_nugget
04-27-2004, 12:33 AM
Congrats! :D

ChiRen
04-27-2004, 06:42 AM
Thanks everybody!

Well, her first night went really well. She slept in my room. My parents had bought a large doggy-bed and so I put that next to my bed on the far side of the room. I didn't hear a peep out of her all night, and I woke up once to go to the bathroom and she didn't even get up. She raised her head, wagged her tail, and watched me, but she didn't get up and get all excited. I was so impressed! lol. Although, I then made the mistake of calling her up onto my bed. :p I think she liked that one. ;)

She's going to be one spoiled pup. :D

RobiLee
04-27-2004, 06:45 AM
Oh Wow, Another gorgeous Husky! Congrats Lauren. She is beautiful. We must see lots of pictures of her.

I'm so happy for you!

Robin :)

anna_66
04-27-2004, 07:16 AM
Are we having a husky epidemic here at PT? I know I've been bitten by the bug before;):D

Taelir is just gorgeous! I love that BIG smile of hers!
How old is she?

I just can't wait to see some new pictures!!!!!!!!

trayi52
04-27-2004, 07:25 AM
Congratulations on your new family member, Lauren!! Taelir is just beautiful. I bet you are one happy girl.

Welcome to Pet Talk Taelir!

Willie

Tweety_Pie
04-27-2004, 07:29 AM
CONGRATS!!!:D Taelir is sooooooo gorgeous! She looks like a sweetie pie!!!!

Holly's mom
04-27-2004, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by ChiRen
She's going to be one spoiled pup. :D

That's what doggies are for: to be spoiled! :D

Congratulations on your beautiful pup. She is gorgeous!!!

cloverfdx
04-27-2004, 07:50 AM
Awww congratulations :D How exciting.

Have fun getting to know your new girl.

catnapper
04-27-2004, 08:45 AM
She's beautiful! You are so lucky!

Congratulations!!!!

EssTer
04-27-2004, 09:06 AM
WOW Lauren!!!!!
AT LEAST !!!! SNOWFLAKE (TAELER) IS GEORGEOS!!! CONGRADULATIONS!!!! THAT'S AWESOME!!!!I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!:D

FizzGiggs_Mommy
04-27-2004, 09:07 AM
She is so beautiful Congratulations!

wolfie
04-27-2004, 09:58 AM
Congratulations!!! Taelir is so beautiful!

And it sounds like she is adjusting to her new home with no problems at all. I'm so happy for you. ^_^

ramanth
04-27-2004, 10:05 AM
CONGRATULATIONS!! Taelir is so gorgeous!

wolf_Q
04-27-2004, 01:28 PM
OMG, I just saw your sig in another thread and I was all confused...lol.....CONGRATULATIONS! She is a *gorgeous* girl, just look at those pretty eyes and that smile! Can't wait for more pics!

My Peanuts
04-27-2004, 01:34 PM
WOW Lauren, Congrats! Taelir is gorgeous!

slleipnir
04-27-2004, 03:16 PM
Aww, she's beautiful :D Congrats! :)

Amber
04-27-2004, 04:18 PM
Yay!!

Wow! She is beatuful!!!

CONGRATS!
Is her name pronounced taylor?

ChiRen
04-27-2004, 04:21 PM
Thanks everybody! She's just blushing up a storm over here. ;)

I couldn't concentrate at school today...all I could think about was Taelir. lol. Thank goodness I don't have school tomorrow or Thursday! :D

Yep, it's pronounced "Taylor". :)

Anna, she's 3-years old. :):)

popcornbird
04-27-2004, 04:37 PM
I just saw your signature and got confused. Then I decided to come to Dog General and investigate. ;);)

Congrats! She's a beautiful girl and looks soooo soft and plushy! FINALLY, you have a PET! Yippee! :D

ChiRen
04-27-2004, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
I just saw your signature and got confused. Then I decided to come to Dog General and investigate. ;);)

Congrats! She's a beautiful girl and looks soooo soft and plushy! FINALLY, you have a PET! Yippee! :D

lol!

Thanks! :D

Dog1,Cats2
04-27-2004, 04:47 PM
That first picture is a real keeper - what a diliriously happy look! As excited as you are to have her, it seems like she's equally happy to be with you!

ChiRen
04-28-2004, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by Dog1,Cats2
That first picture is a real keeper - what a diliriously happy look! As excited as you are to have her, it seems like she's equally happy to be with you!

:D

Stenograsaurus
04-28-2004, 11:42 AM
Congratulations on your new addition. Those huskeys sure do have a way of stealing your heart, don't they? :D

ChiRen
04-28-2004, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Stenograsaurus
Congratulations on your new addition. Those huskeys sure do have a way of stealing your heart, don't they? :D

Yep, they definitely do! :)

Cookiebaker
04-28-2004, 12:03 PM
Congratulations!!! That sounds *sooo* exciting!

Welcome to PT, beautiful pup! I can't wait to hear more about you!

ChiRen
04-28-2004, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Cookiebaker
Congratulations!!! That sounds *sooo* exciting!

Welcome to PT, beautiful pup! I can't wait to hear more about you!

Thanks Anna! :)

Tae sends you some happy doggy kisses! :D

lute
04-28-2004, 12:36 PM
OMG! she's beautiful! congrats on the pupper!:D

Logan
04-28-2004, 01:11 PM
I can't believe I missed this!!!!! I love your new "goofy girl". Not only are you "lucky", but so is Tae!!!!! :) :) :) She looks so relaxed and happy, even in the shelter pictures, Lauren. I am delighted for both of you!!! Major hugs to your parents, too!!!! :)

heinz57_79
04-28-2004, 01:22 PM
Congrats!! She's absolutely beautiful! I've always loved huskies, and when they're gorgeous with a great personality to boot, you can't lose! :) What's her story? How did she end up in the shelter? (or did you already cover that and did I just have a blonde moment and miss it? hehe)

Keep us posted!!

ChiRen
04-28-2004, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by heinz57_79
Congrats!! She's absolutely beautiful! I've always loved huskies, and when they're gorgeous with a great personality to boot, you can't lose! :) What's her story? How did she end up in the shelter? (or did you already cover that and did I just have a blonde moment and miss it? hehe)

Keep us posted!!

Thanks guys!

Well this is the story that was on her webpage:

SNOWFLAKE IS A HAPPY HUSKY WHO IS READY TO BE HOMEWARD BOUND...
Snowflake is a stunning and lovable gal. Kankakee County Animal Control was where we found her. She is 3 years old and full of pep and go, go , go! She likes to pester her kennel mate and play any chance she gets.

The problem with Snowflake, is that she wants ALL the love and attention. Although she is happy around people and would love to bounce her way into your heart, she has trouble sharing the love with other animals...she wants it for only her.

Since she is such a big "hug hog" she would do well as the only spoiled pet in the family, or with an experienced owner who could train her to share affection and make her understand that she can't always be "just me."

Training to share would take time and patience, but just look into her eyes and find a lifetime of unconditional love ready and waiting for you. It is hard to fault an animal who has been abandoned, and has been in rescue since puppyhood to understand why someone won't love just her.

She is so very willing to love with ALL her Husky Heart, the person or family who will pave the way to her permanent home. Her love is boundless. All she needs is to learn that the love showered on her is enough to last a lifetime and that you will never, never let her go.

Won't you share and care for this Homeless Husky for the rest of her life. Loving only you shouldn't be a crime that will keep her behind bars for the rest of her life!

Please work with her and love her so she will know she has a permanent place in a heart all her own. You won’t be sorry….Snowflake will make sure of that. You will find a friend for life in this little lady and can really bring out the best in her! SHE IS ALL ABOUT LOVE and is just waiting to shower it upon you!

primabella
04-28-2004, 03:13 PM
She is just gorgeous! :eek: Congratulations!

ChrisH
04-28-2004, 03:17 PM
Congratulations!! :D She is absolutely gorgeous!!!:D

Chris

ChiRen
04-28-2004, 04:44 PM
Thank you!! :)

DogLover9501
04-28-2004, 04:59 PM
I don't know how I missed this thread!

Congrats!!!! :D She is gorgeous, seems so lovable!

bluekat
04-28-2004, 05:11 PM
I can't believe I missed this thread too!

Congratulations!!!:D You're so lucky. Taelir is GORGEOUS!!!:D

ChiRen
04-28-2004, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by bluekat
I can't believe I missed this thread too!

Congratulations!!!:D You're so lucky. Taelir is GORGEOUS!!!:D

I can't believe you missed it either!!! ;):p

lol.

Thanks! :D

guster girl
04-28-2004, 08:14 PM
Congratulations! :) Very handsome dog!

ChiRen
04-28-2004, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by guster girl
Congratulations! :) Very handsome dog!

She sends you her thanks! ;)

guster girl
04-28-2004, 09:00 PM
I'm so happy for you! Especially after the whole thing with Cameron....hopefully, he's as happy as your dog is now!

4 Dog Mother
04-28-2004, 09:27 PM
What a beautiful husky! You picked a good name for her too. I am sure you will be a great mommy for her - you definitely have great parents for adopting her for you!

ChiRen
04-29-2004, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by guster girl
I'm so happy for you! Especially after the whole thing with Cameron....hopefully, he's as happy as your dog is now!

We actually called the shelter yesterday to thank them again for telling us about Tae, and we asked about Cam. They said they had called his new owners earlier in the week and that everything seemed to be going well with him. :)

ChiRen
04-29-2004, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by 4 Dog Mother
What a beautiful husky! You picked a good name for her too. I am sure you will be a great mommy for her - you definitely have great parents for adopting her for you!

Tae sends ya lots of happy kisses for the compliment! ;):D

...and I guess my parents are alright. ;):p

Tina
04-29-2004, 02:24 PM
She is so gorgeous!! Congrats!