PDA

View Full Version : VETS

Ben E Gas
03-27-2001, 07:55 AM
Well, I like the vets. I really like how they help animals. I have nothing but respect for them. But, the place I take my cat to, is not really set up as a comfortable environment. The people there are great, and the cat that hangs out with the secretary is great too. But my cat hates the place. You walk into the room with the table, and it is bright yellow walls and doesn't seem very friendly. Maybe if they set it up as a relaxed atmosphere and more things for the animals to do in there, it wouldn't be so bad a place for the cats to go.

margaret
03-27-2001, 09:33 AM
Ben--

It's true. I think the environment of the vet's office has something to do with how pleasant a cat's experience there will be.

At my cat doctor's office, the waiting area is pretty nice. The lighting isn't harsh, and the walls have a dark wallpaper, I think. There are soft, cushy seats, too. The examining room is kind of small, which has its advantages since kitty can't hide. It has some nice wallpaper and a couple of framed prints with a cat theme. There are two chairs, and then the examining table, plus the counter with medical items the doctor might use. The room isn't as comfy as the waiting area, but in a way I guess it shouldn't be. There aren't toys or soft cushions or anything like that. They probably need to keep the room as uncluttered and as easy-to-clean as possible.

My cats are okay while they're there. They stay in their carriers until the doctor is ready to see them. They can be relatively calm, although they are always anxious to get out of their carriers and explore. When I let them out in the examining room, that's exactly what they do. They sniff around and check the room out. The only time they get upset is when it's time for the doctor to actually examine them. They don't like that part! But that's only to be expected.

--Margaret

bookitty1231
03-27-2001, 10:31 AM
I like my vets office. The atmosphere is good, the girls at the desk know the animals by name when the come in, most of the time unless they are new pets. They have a separate waiting area for cats and dogs which is good. I think I get more nervous at the vet than my cats do, I just sit and pray they find nothing wrong. The examining room is not to small but not too big either.
I don't think I would want to go where they had toys to play with, think about how many different animals play with them, some could be sick with colds or whatever and my cats could get it.

------------------
"As we all know, cats now rule the world."
--John R.F. Breen

Ben E Gas
03-27-2001, 11:09 AM
good point about the toys