PDA

View Full Version : Kimmy and Kia need PT prayers!

moosmom
04-26-2004, 01:32 PM
I got a message on my answering machine from Kimmy this afternoon. It seems that Kia is having seizures again and she's at the vet with her. She asked me to tell you that she won't be on PT for a while so please, let's keep her and Kia in our thoughts and prayers.

So guys, we need the power of Pet Talk Prayers that everything will be okay.

*the Ploss gang in a circle holding paws and hands*

Dear God,

This is Moosmom's fur gang askin ya pleez ta make our pal Kia okay. We know she's been through lots latlee and we jus wanna make shur she gets throo it.

Thanks God. We know we can count on you!

Love,

LilEli, MooShoo, Doogie, Maya Linn, Carly the Curly Girl, Shortie Girl, Fawnie and Mollie Rose.

Kfamr
04-26-2004, 01:34 PM
Oh poor Kia and Poor Kimmy!!!

We'll be thinking about them..... Feel better soon Kia... and stop doing this to mommy, please. :(

Thanks for letting us know.... Hope to see you back soon, Kimmy.

Cataholic
04-26-2004, 01:44 PM
Oh how awful. Prayers going out to Kia and Kimmy. :(

Cinder & Smoke
04-26-2004, 01:49 PM
Oh, HI GranMom ~
Kan you put us rite thru to da Big Guy, pleeze -
it's *urgent*!!

Hi, God ~

We're all terribul worrried :( about Kia, God!

Are You werkin wiff her White Coats onna problem, God?

GREAT!
Glad to hear You've been onna case all morning!
Any *newz* yet?

OK... we'll jest keep allua Pawz & Klawz crossed ~
an Roger onna Prayers ~
ALLUA Pet Talkers will be sendin Parayers!

Let us knowe iffin there's ANYthin Else we kan do!

Be SURE to tell Miz Kimmy an Kia we're all Sendin Prayers!!

THANKS, God!

/s/ the Prayer Pups

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
04-26-2004, 02:15 PM
Prayers for Kim and Kia... how frightening. :(

luckies4me
04-26-2004, 02:27 PM
Prayer sent! I hope all is well with you both and I truly hope everything turns out all right for Kia. Keep your chin up!

primabella
04-26-2004, 02:50 PM
I'll be keeping them both in my prayers. Poor Kia and Kimmy! :(

Logan
04-26-2004, 02:53 PM
Prayers for Kia and Kimmy are on their way. I hope that everything will be ok, Kimmy. Please let us know.

Thanks, Donna, for letting us know.

Logan

Randi
04-26-2004, 03:07 PM
We'll be sending positive thoughts and keep all fingers and paws crossed for Kia and Kimmy. :)

Get well, Kia!! :)

ChrisH
04-26-2004, 03:32 PM
Prayers and positive thoughts on their way for Kia & Kimmy.

Donna, thanks for letting us know.

Chris

Cincy'sMom
04-26-2004, 03:49 PM
Prayers and postive thoughts for Kimmy and Kia! I hope Kia is doing better soon. Donna, please update us when and if you hear anything.

Edwina's Secretary
04-26-2004, 03:55 PM
Please let Kimmy know I am thinking of her and Kia and wish only a good outcome!

popcornbird
04-26-2004, 04:01 PM
Poor Kia! :( Will be praying for her speedy recovery.

anna_66
04-26-2004, 04:03 PM
Oh no:( I'm so sorry to hear about this, and today was the day they were supposed to do their tv interview.

Many, many prayers coming your and Kia's way Kim. Please let us know how everything is when you can.
http://img14.photobucket.com/albums/v43/anna66/hugs2.gif

dukedogsmom
04-26-2004, 04:09 PM
Get well soon, Kia! We're all worried about you. Hope to be looking at your pretty face again really soon.

PayItForward
04-26-2004, 04:11 PM
Thinking of Kim & Kia, hoping for good news :(

ramanth
04-26-2004, 04:22 PM
Hey all!!!

Thank you SO much for the thoughts and prayers. I know they helped big time. What a day!

Believe it or not, the interview went wonderfully. Kia was so good and just wowed Trisha and the camera-man. :D They took lots of footage. :) The report won't aire for about a month, so I'll keep you all updated.

Well, because of the interview I had the morning off. Around 10:30 I took her to the 'unofficial' MSU dog park and she ran and played with a Aussie Shephard and a few Labs.

Got home about 12:30 and nothing seemed out of the ordinary, until Kia curled up on the couch. Her left leg spasmed uncontrollably. I rubbed it, thinking it just a muscle spasm, but then both legs started to spasm. She stared at her legs like she had no clue what was going on. I had her get off the couch and walk around and she was fine. No limping, whimpering, or anything.

She retreated to her crate and as soon as she laid down, her front legs started to spasm again. I called up the vets office (it was 12:45 by now) and the tech said the vet was out until 3 p.m. I was to keep an eye on her and if her symptoms progressed worse, then to take her to MSU.

Kia never vomited, never got glassy eyed, or cried out. She would just lay there and stare at me or her legs. Over the course of about 1 hour and 20 minutes, her front legs stopped spasming, her body gave a quick spasm, and then her back legs starting going. She'd kick the side of the crate and never make a sound.

It was just eerie. She didn't want to leave her crate either. Poor thing kept trying to fall asleep and her spasm would wake her up.

Got her to the vet at 3 and her vital signs are normal and good. She was all happy and bouncy at the vet. :rolleyes: :D

The vet tech said that the oncoming of bad weather makes her dogs anxious and if Kia ever acted odd before a storm. (Her dogs were in the back and going crazy....blue skies, but a chance of storms) Said I hadn't noticed before.

It's possible she had a mild seizure, but as of right now, she's a-okay. Sleepy, but in good spirits. :) I gave her some Anti-Anxiety medicine from the vets...hopefully, if it does storm, she'll not flip out. :)

There are so many possibilities.... there were bees around the dog park, she may of been stung and had a reaction. But it is marked that she had a mild seizure today and I'll need to keep an eye on her.

I hope she's not developing Epilepsy. :(

Cinder & Smoke
04-26-2004, 04:32 PM
:)
THANKS, God!!

'Preciate Your Help!! ;)

Miss Meow
04-26-2004, 04:40 PM
Poor Kia!

Fingers and paws crossed that everything turns out. {{{hugs}}}

RobiLee
04-26-2004, 04:49 PM
I was so scared reading this. I just now saw this thread. I'm glad that all is good now and hoping that it stays that way.

Big hugs for you Kia!

Robin :)

ChrisH
04-26-2004, 04:57 PM
Oh, Kimmy, I'm so glad to hear Kia is ok. :) :) Will keep the prayers and positive thoughts going for her to stay that way.

Please give her a big hug from me. :)

Chris

Steffi N
04-26-2004, 05:32 PM
Kimmy, I am glad and relived that Kia is okay now. I hope that she will remain well. Best wishes to both of you.

lovemyshiba
04-26-2004, 06:03 PM
I'm glad to hear that Kia is feeling ok.

You and Kia are in my prayers anyway, I hope nothing is wrong.

Feel better soon sweet Kia.

anna_66
04-26-2004, 06:23 PM
I'm so glad to hear that Kia is feeling better.

I'll be keeping her in my prayers that she continues to feel better.

Cincy'sMom
04-26-2004, 06:25 PM
Glad to hear that Kia is doing better.

My SIL's dog has seizures off and on and her vet told her that if he does not lose consciuosness (and it sounds like Kia didn't) that it is not doing any damage to the brain. Still hard to watch, but it maybe not as harmful as it first may seem.

Get some rest Kia! We'll keep thinking about you!!

lizbud
04-26-2004, 06:36 PM
I'm so glad that Kia is doing better now. That episode must
have been very scary for you both. Will the Vet's do a follow up
exam on Kia ?

So good to hear that she's resting now. Kia will stay in my
prayers. It does sound more like a seizure, than an anxious
dog. Hope you're feeling 100% soon Kia.:)

Corinna
04-26-2004, 06:58 PM
Glad to hear things have worked out. Kia could be developing a allergy to bee stings. It is an accumulated type my mom has to carry a kit around ,she didn't develop it till I was about 13 years old.

joycenalex
04-26-2004, 08:02 PM
kim, alex the wonder dog has seizures, and has for many years. MSU is a great vet school, maybe getting a check out by the vet neuro would be a possibility. can't hurt to have high quality talent look at your fur baby. regards, joyce

Karen
04-26-2004, 08:21 PM
Oh what a scary day. Glad the first part of the day went so well, sorry you both had to go through the fright of seizures ... glad she seems to be okay now. Will we get to meet you May 30th in Findley?

Sweet Kia blue-eyes
Rest well tonight
Angels will watch
So close those pretty eyes
Sleep well tonight

captain
04-26-2004, 08:27 PM
{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Kim and Kia, so glad you seem to be OK now.
Love and hugs across the miles

delidog
04-26-2004, 08:39 PM
Oh Kimmi & Dear,Sweet Kia!!!!!
I just saw this!!!!!
I am so sorry this happened to Sweet Kia!!!
But Glad that she is home Resting Peacefully!!!!
Please know that our Thoughts & Prayers are with you both!!!!
Kia...Now you are a TV Star...Please don't scare Mommy like this!!!;)

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Big Hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Dear Kia!!!!!

4 Dog Mother
04-26-2004, 09:10 PM
Kimmy, what a day you had! Hope Kia doesn't have any more of those seizures. Will keep you both in prayer. Diana

krazyaboutkatz
04-26-2004, 11:39 PM
Kimmy, I'm so glad that Kia is okay. Prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way. I sure hope it's nothing serious. Please take care. {{{HUGS}}}

Kfamr
04-26-2004, 11:42 PM
Kimmy thank you so much for the update! i knew there was a reason to check this thread again.

Eesh what a scary day! I too hope she's not developing Epilepsy.

{{Hugs to both of you}}

Glad she's feeling better.... Kia lets keep it that way!

jenfer
04-26-2004, 11:50 PM
Kimmy & Kia, please take care! :) Glad to hear that Kia is doing better.

ChiRen
04-26-2004, 11:52 PM
I'm so glad to hear that Kia is doing better! You guys will be in my thoughts!

shais_mom
04-27-2004, 12:20 AM
OH I am sooo sorry to come in late Kimmy!! Prayers on the way for the both of you!!! How ironic that she did this the day of your interview!!!
Prayers and Positive thoughts on the way for both of you!!

Kater
04-27-2004, 12:21 AM
Oh wow - what a day! I'm glad Kia only had mild seizures this time but I know you are still very worried nonetheless. I hope you can get this figured out as soon as possible and I certainly hope it's not epilepsy! I will keep Kia in my prayers.
{{{BIG HUGS}}} What a day you've had, Kimmy!

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-27-2004, 05:50 AM
Poor Kia Pup!!

Prayers on the way that you will never have to deal with another nasty seizure or spasm of any kind again!!!!

Ally Cat's Mommy
04-27-2004, 06:37 AM
Sounds like you had a big scare there! Glad Kia is back home, and is doing okay!

mugsy
04-27-2004, 07:46 AM
Not a good day for poor Kia!! Do they think she seized because of that evil Pro heart??? Give her a hug from us....

K9soul
04-27-2004, 07:59 AM
I just saw this as well... Kimmy and Kia, sending prayers still that things continue to look up from here. I know how frightening that must have felt... I know how frightened I felt when Tommy had his reaction awhile back. It is a horrible, helpless and dreadful feeling.

I'm so glad that she checked out okay. *Hugs* to her and to you.

ramanth
04-27-2004, 08:22 AM
Thanks all for the thoughts and prayers. :)

Kia wasn't very perky this morning. Took some coaxing to get her to come out of her crate so I could take her out for her morning potty break. :-\

The temperature has made a sharp drop though and it was snowing this morning.... *bleah*.... so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it.

The sky did get a little dark yesterday evening, but it never stormed. :)

The thought that this is another after effect to the PH6, did cross my mind and that of the vet tech. No way to prove it though. :(

cloverfdx
04-27-2004, 08:41 AM
I am glad to hear Kia is home and resting. Get well soon sweet girl.

Prayers and positive thoughts are on the way for you all.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-27-2004, 10:15 AM
Oh no! What a scary day! I'm so glad that for the most part Kia is ok again.

I don't know how you can NOT think that this is another after affect of the PH6 considering that Kia never had a seizure in her life until then. It's just really odd that it happened after your interview.

Glad she's ok, and I know you'll be keeping a very close eye on her for the next couple of days.

{{{hugs}}} to you and Kia! :)

tatsxxx11
04-27-2004, 11:06 AM
Oh what a scary day!!!:( I'm so happy to hear that Kia's doing so much better! We'll all be keeping her in our thoughts and prayers, Kimmy! And congrats to you Kia for wowing them at the interview..no surprise there:) Keep us updated! {{{HUGS}}}

Cataholic
04-27-2004, 11:18 AM
Kimmy,
How scary for you two! I do hope it was just some fluke reaction, and that Kia returns to her healthy self.

Hugs for you both.
Johanna

slleipnir
04-27-2004, 01:22 PM
Poor Kia :( I know how scary it is as Josie (I'm sure you know already) has epilipsy. It has to be one of the scariest things to see something you love so much go through that and nothing you can do about it. I know when Jo had her first one, she was just walking funny and having little spazems. Everytime she had one it got worse though until her last one when she had about 4 really bad ones in a row within a week of her last seizure. Shes been on meds for a month or so now and hasn't had one seizure since :) I hope Kia's isn't going to turn out to be anything more but that seizure. It really is hard :( Poor Kia :(

-hugs to you and Kia- Hope she's back to her normal healthy self soon :)

wolf_Q
04-27-2004, 01:49 PM
I just saw this thread, how frightening!! I'm glad it wasn't too serious! Hope this was just an isolated incident!

ramanth
04-27-2004, 03:38 PM
Thanks all! :) Kia sends kisses. :D

Stenograsaurus
04-28-2004, 12:36 PM
I just saw this thread. I am sorry you had to go through this, Kia and Kim. I'll keep you in my prayers. Get well soon, Kia.

Kona & Oreo's mom
05-03-2004, 11:23 AM
I was away last week and just saw this now. I hope sweet Kia is still doing better and that there have been no more seizures. Stay well, Kia!

gini
05-03-2004, 11:41 AM
Kim, I hope that Kia is better and there have been no more seizures.

My nephew's black lab, Mingus, also has seizures. He has had every possible test available and they cannot pinpoint the cause.

It is very frightening when you do not know what to do for them, but love them and reassure them.

Albea
05-03-2004, 11:58 AM
I haven't been around much lately and only saw this post right now.
Sorry Kia had to go through such a scary ordeal and hope she'll feel much better really soon.

ramanth
05-03-2004, 12:33 PM
Thanks guys. :) She's been well. Had a very eventful weekend.

I'm apprehensive.. I'll be giving her her Heartgard tonight. Only half as the vet recommended. If that goes down okay...she'll get the rest.

*fingers crossed*

mugsy
05-03-2004, 12:45 PM
Good luck!! We use interceptor and have had no adverse effects. Let us know how it goes.

Katiesmom
05-03-2004, 12:49 PM
get well soon:) praying

ramanth
05-04-2004, 08:40 AM
Just wanted to say that Kia took her Heartgard last night and so far so good. :)

anna_66
05-04-2004, 08:55 AM
http://img14.photobucket.com/albums/v43/anna66/clap.gifGlad to hear that!