PDA

View Full Version : Maxton NC 35 dogs seized-pls help

gr8dane
04-26-2004, 12:25 PM
Please crosspost immediately......

MAGDRL received a call this morning from a cruelty investigator in Maxton. They will be seizing over 35 dogs tomorrow along with some snakes, birds and other animals. The dogs are in atrocious condition. Reports indicate that the one Great Dane weighs about 50 pounds. One Bull Mastiff is reported to have a flesh wound from shoulder to hind quarter with skin hanging. All dogs are emaciated and suffering.

They are in desperate need of volunteers to help during the seizure. The town is very small and has two working trucks that will hold a total of four dogs.

We will be gathering sometime tomorrow in a central location in Maxton with the sheriff. We will then go out to the house and seize the animals. Please bring large crates if possible to transport in.

We are looking for ANYBODY that can help transport these animals to either the animal shelter or to rescue groups. The investigators are hoping that most of the dogs will be taken in by rescues as their is not room at the shelter for this influx.

The woman ran a big dog operation and these are some of the breeds that are needing immediate assistance.

Great Danes-- Mid-Atlantic Great Dane Rescue of NC will be pulling all Great Danes and immediately placing them in their program.

Boxers-- Need a rescue to step up immediately

Bull Mastiffs-- Need a rescue to step up immediately-- one mastiff is injured seriously

Rottweilers-- Need a rescue to step up immediately

English Bulldogs-- Need a rescue to step up immediately

If your rescue can help pull these dogs in your program, or you can help transport a dog or two to safety please contact me ASAP.

Michelle Fitzgerald
Mid-Atlantic Great Dane Rescue League
"Until There Are None...Adopt One"
910-487-3200
910-578-1816 cell

delidog
04-26-2004, 09:17 PM
Where is Maxton?????
What Part of NC is it near???

Poor Babies....I wish them Health and Forever Homes With Love & Happiness!!

delidog
04-27-2004, 05:12 AM
I passed this on to a Fellow Pet Talker...
They had a positive response by midnight last night....They passed it to some groups that they know....and all the Mastiffs will be picked up!!!!!!:)
I want to Thank that Pet Talker!!!!! :)
You Know who You Are!!!;),:)