PDA

View Full Version : Horses

Rio and Me
04-26-2004, 07:37 AM
Well ever since i went to ride my old horse, ive relised what a BIG mistake i made about giving them up, now i know she is in a good home i have been thinking very hard about buying another.

A friend from work told me about one 15.3hh chestnut gelding, 10yrs old, not riden for to years as bucked owner off once.
This doesnt bother me, as she told me the owner was a clueless owner and rider, my friend was offered this horse but has 2 fillys to bring on allready.
All this doesnt bother me for a cheap horse (potentiol great horse) all i need it to be is good to handle etc (a horse this size could kill me).

Then another good friend from school, said i could loan her Arab as she has another horse that gets all the attention etc (she does endurance etc on the other horse), i know this horse well etc and get on well with it.

I'm leaning towards the Arab as i allready know this horse and it will be insured. she's serious about me having her on loan as she knows how i ride etc, it just i never liked the loan part as they can allways say i want my horse back and then it leaves you with no horse!!!

I might go for it and she what it go's like.

Wish me luck i may have a new horse by the end of the week.
Ky

Vermontcat
04-27-2004, 08:38 PM
It sounds like the Arab may be a better match for you since you already know what she is like.
Good luck and please post photos if you do get one of them.:)

Rio and Me
04-28-2004, 06:17 AM
I am leaning alot towards the Arab, but have to wait till mum comes home on friday night to dicuss the loan stuff, but other than that i'm all set
Ky
PS pics definatly

Rio and Me
04-28-2004, 06:29 AM
Your in luck vermontcat, i found a couple of pics
This is my first ever Endurance ride (on Tishsida, the grey), and my friend Char is riding her horse Caramac in the horses first Endurance ride.
The grey is the horse i would loan and do endurance on.
http://img51.photobucket.com/albums/v156/Rio_and_me/File0015.jpg

http://img51.photobucket.com/albums/v156/Rio_and_me/File0016.jpg

Ky

Vermontcat
04-30-2004, 04:03 PM
Sorry it took me so long to get back to this thread.
She is a beautiful horse and you look great on her!
Good luck and I hope to see more photos when you get her.:)

cocker_luva
05-01-2004, 12:16 AM
gorgeous, just gorgeous!!! Arabians are awesome! they're my favorite for obvious reasons! ;) :D

dukedogsmom
05-04-2004, 11:30 AM
I would say go for the Arab, also. Even though it wouldn't be permanent, it would be better than being stuck with a horse that perhaps wouldn't work out. My horse is an Arab, also. I would love to do endurance riding! I'll bet that's a lot of fun.