PDA

View Full Version : Memory Card Error - Please help!

Kfamr
04-25-2004, 07:02 PM
Any of you computer whizzes out there -- please help me out!

I have a 128MB SanDisk CompactFlash Memory Card for my digital camera. For some reason it will not work. It comes up as a memory card error, and will not let me delete or take any pictures.
I have three other memory cards, which work fine, but this memory card holds more than them all together.

I've tried formatting it on my camera, tried deleting them while plugged into the USB. Any idea on how I could fix it?

Any advice is welcome. Thanks. :)

moosmom
04-25-2004, 07:28 PM
That has happened to me too. I have a Kodak digital camera. You need to reformat the disk. Go into your menu and click on "format". You'll lose your pictures, but once you re-format the disk, you'll be good to go. Let me know how you make out.

Kfamr
04-25-2004, 07:38 PM
I did that before, it doesn't work.

the pictures are from January and there's only a few on there... not afraid of losing them... argh.. I just want it to for if we go to Ohio!:p

Karen
04-25-2004, 07:49 PM
We had that problem, tried reformatting it on the camera and it didn't work. Finally we put it in the USB card-reader connected to the computer, not the camera, reformatted it and it worked just fine.

Try that ... it worked for us when nothing else did!

Kfamr
04-25-2004, 07:52 PM
My brother said the Card Reader would probably work.. We have one, but it's at his house, of course -- just like everything else!

I'm not sure if the Card from my Canon would work with that, since it was for my Fuji -- do you think it will?

Karen
04-25-2004, 10:04 PM
If it's CompactFlash, it should work. My old Fuji camera uses different memory - it uses a SmartMedia card - it's thinner and not the same as CompactFlash. Some cameras or card readers can take a couple different kinds of memory, but if you're not sure, you should read the manual or check their website. But any CompactFlash should work with any CompactFlash device.

Dizzy yet? ;)

Kfamr
04-25-2004, 10:08 PM
I'll have to see what kind of card reader it is...

Thanks for your help Karen. :)

Cinder & Smoke
04-26-2004, 10:31 AM
Kay ~

If it's a "SanDisk" Brand card -
here's their Product Support web site >>>

http://www.sandisk.com/retail/support.asp (http://www.sandisk.com/retail/support.asp)

Sadly :( they don't list a 1-800 # to call :mad:

Check the "Warranty" page for the EXACT model card you have -
if it's within the Warranty Period -
(AND you can find a sales receipt for the card) -
you might want to send it to them under the warranty.

Long & Short of it is that they do ~
Just Go Bad :mad:
and there's No Way to "fix" it if the card has actually "failed".

But TRY to Re-Format it with the card reader -
might work!

Then be sure to TEST IT before you count on it for any Good Pix! :p