PDA

View Full Version : Pissed OFF Cat!!!

dayzeez
08-29-2001, 04:16 PM
Well, I thought I had a problem with my bot cat and the kittens. YEAH RIGHT! I have never seen my betty so pissed at me before. She comes in the house but hisses at me the ENTIRE time! I can pick her up and somewhat calm her down but as soon as I put her back down she starts in again. She does not like the kittens one bit. However Rylee (my spoiled baby boy) Is starting to adjust very well. He is seeing that I will not pay any less attention to him. Soon they will be romping around with him. But Betty is another stoy. I just don't know what to do. :( :( :( :(

Former User
09-06-2001, 06:50 AM
Hey there, do not despair... Just keep giving Betty attention too, maybe even more than before. Of course she's jealous now because of a kitten, but when you pay more and more attention to her, she'll get around and stops being pissed off. Meows to Betty and all the cats in the house :)

Fuzzy317
09-06-2001, 07:36 AM
Our Rosie is almost the same way. She hisses and swats at the 80 pound dog and at the kittens. Our Jackson is calm, cool, I have very rarely heard him hiss.

I think pets decide for themselves, who is "top dog" (top cat?). So with time, it should all get sorted out.

dayzeez
09-07-2001, 11:06 AM
Well, I think I need to give in and send Betty to live in another house. About two months ago we lost a kitty named Sheba. Sheba and Betty were very close. Then another month later my boyfriend got his own place. Now I am working and I just got the two kittens. I don't think it is the kittens she hates I think that was just the last straw. Betty never really has delt well with other cats. She needs to live in a home where she is the opnly kitty and does not have to deal with ANY competition.

Logan
09-07-2001, 11:22 AM
I have been going through this same situation for about 8 months now. Mimi and Butter will probably never be good friends, but they really have learned to stay out of each other's way. Neither of them is going anywhere. But we do have the occassional "hiss and growl" from Mimi, who was here a long time before Butter came along.

And no offense to you, dayzeez, but I think with the younger members of this board here on a regular basis, maybe you could say "mad" or something like that, rather than the language you used. As a mother of a 10 year old, who is learning too much too fast anyway, this is one place I feel she can come to read and not get into adult situations. I probably sound like a prude (sorry :o ), its just the way I feel.

Cathy Harrison
10-06-2001, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by dayzeez:
<STRONG>Well, I thought I had a problem with my bot cat and the kittens. YEAH RIGHT! I have never seen my betty so pissed at me before. She comes in the house but hisses at me the ENTIRE time! I can pick her up and somewhat calm her down but as soon as I put her back down she starts in again. She does not like the kittens one bit. However Rylee (my spoiled baby boy) Is starting to adjust very well. He is seeing that I will not pay any less attention to him. Soon they will be romping around with him. But Betty is another stoy. I just don't know what to do. :( :( :( :(</STRONG>

Dear Dayzeez

How did your cat, Betty, give birth to her kittens? This might sound like a stupid question, but what I mean is, was it a natural birth (ie did she push them out herself) or were there complications at the birth and did she have to have a cesarian (not sure if that's spelt right)? Sometimes, when animals (of all kinds, not just cats) don't give birth naturally, they don't recognised their babies as their own. This could explain why your cat is a bit bad tempered and upset at the moment. Hope this helps. Cathy Harrison :)