PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Weekend - Findlay Ohio!

Pages : [1] 2

Kfamr
04-25-2004, 05:40 PM
Who all is going?

I *think* and hope my dad, Simba, Nala and I will be attending. I've printed out a park registration form and made copies of the dog's stuff.

Lauren is double checking with her boss to see... She seemed pretty positive that she could get three days off from the weekend.

Even if she and Honey don't come, i'm pretty sure dad and I are coming with Simba and Nala.

It's Sunday, May 30th -- correct?

I really would like to know who all is coming. :) Everyone who is able to, better be there!!! :D

4 Dog Mother
04-25-2004, 07:44 PM
Carl will be home and so he and I and probably Jack, Snoopy and Taggert will be there. I think Christy will be home so it is highly likely that Brian, Christy and Jasmine will be there and it is not sure yet if they are bringing Dakota, Destiny and Sierra with them or not. I hope so because I think it would be neat for all the family dogs to get together before we move to Florida. After we move, I doubt all 11 dogs will ever be in the same place at the same time. I am pretty sure Amy plans to be there with her 3.

Karen
04-25-2004, 07:47 PM
We'll be there - Paul and I!

Desert Arabian
04-25-2004, 08:36 PM
MOMMY AND I WILL BE THERE! AND GUESS WHO ELSE IS COMING WITH US TO FINDLAY, KAYANN!!!

GUESS...

KEEP GUESSING..

OSCAR, FRED, CHLOE, DAISY, VIOLETTE, PHOEBE, AND SUZIE! THE RATTIES!!

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY! Now you can meet my cuties, and anyone else there who likes my ratties....

We would bring Sam, except he can't handle long distance travel like that anymore. :(

RobiLee
04-25-2004, 08:50 PM
I plan on being there. I have to get my request in at work and I'm hoping it won't be a problem. I'm already excited about it. Alden is working and it is not as easy for him to get off of work. So it may just be me and the girls :p

Robin :)

Kfamr
04-25-2004, 08:58 PM
YAY! I really hope we get to come.. i'd love to hold one of the ratties.. or all of them!! :p

I'm almost positive we're coming.
My dad told me I didn't have to put up signs this time.
(If you don't know what i'm talking aobut, check out this thread;
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29192 )

:D

shais_mom
04-26-2004, 12:33 AM
Keegan and I will be there.

anna_66
04-26-2004, 06:32 AM
We'll be there:D

moosmom
04-26-2004, 08:56 AM
Me and the Mooman will be there too!! Can't wait to see everyone!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-26-2004, 10:03 AM
I'm almost positive we'll be there - sans T & P unless I can convince Terry this would be the perfect opportunity to give them a "test ride" in the motorhome. ;)

So in other words, don't count on T & P being there. :rolleyes: ;) :D

Cinder & Smoke
04-26-2004, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
I'm almost positive we'll be there -
sans T & P unless I can convince Terry this would be
the perfect opportunity to give them a
"test ride" in the motorhome. ;)

GREAT NEWZ, Deb!! :)

We can have a Kat Corral inna Pavilion! :cool:

You Guyz still got da MAPs frum last tyme??
Don't want ya gettin :eek: "lost inna Boonies" :p

Kfamr
04-26-2004, 01:26 PM
I'm a little nervous about the kitty cats being there again... lets hope Simba doesn't spot them, he didn't spot Sammy at all.

We don't have the maps, but my dad is sure he knows the way there. I know how to get to the park from the hotel -- but, just incase i'm going to print everything out again.

Anna -- any chance of bringing Angus? ;)

Blustang24
04-26-2004, 03:09 PM
YES!!! Anna you HAVE to bring ANGUS!!!!! PUH PUH PUHLEASE???? :):D :D

anna_66
04-26-2004, 03:56 PM
I would love to bring him, but he gets very worked up over all the dogs so if it's hot I won't bring him.
Last time I kinda just abandoned Mark and I really don't want to do that this time (he spent all his time with Angus & me and the girls socialized:o ).
So I guess what I'm saying is if a few of you would be interested in helping me with him (walking outside the park-I wouldn't want to bring him in) I just might think about it:)

Kfamr
04-26-2004, 04:09 PM
I'd be willing to take turns with him -- and depending on if he pulls or not, my dad may be able to too (Dad has a bad back so just about the only dog he can walk is Simba since Nala pulls)

And if my brother comes (who loves rotties and mentioned how he wanted to come yesterday) - he may be able to as well. :)

I just want to meet him really bad! :D :p

Blustang24
04-26-2004, 04:12 PM
I know that I would love to take turns walking him, and like KayAnn said, she would and her brother (my boyfriend) LOVES rotties too, and wouldn't mind either. I find out for sure tomorrow if I am going...well 95% sure I will find out.

RobiLee
04-26-2004, 04:37 PM
I would be willing to take a turn also and I know if Alden comes he would love to also.

Whatever you think is best for Angus though. That is what is most important.

Kfamr
04-26-2004, 04:43 PM
Yes. that's what I was thinking.. if you think it would be better for Angus to stay home, that's fine!

anna_66
04-26-2004, 05:28 PM
You guys are too sweet:D

I think as long as we kept him away from all the doggies he would be fine.

And as for pulling, nope he doesn't. He just walks right beside you:D

Now, let's just hope it not too warm and my sweet boy will be coming to the park!!!!!

lovemyshiba
04-26-2004, 06:12 PM
I really, really, really, really, really, really, really want to come.

I won't make the drive by myself though, and my husband doesn't want to.:(

If I was somehow able to talk him into it, I would bring Jada and Kito--Abbey and Riley don't travel well--I know they would have fun, but it's so awful to make them be in the car that long.

I'm gonna keep trying though......

Karen
04-26-2004, 06:17 PM
Tell him he'd get to meet all the people you probably talk about, and the founders of this site, too! And it's not "all girls" either - Paul and Mike and Ralph and Phred and Alden (if he comes) are all guys, too!

anna_66
04-26-2004, 06:26 PM
Ohhhh, please talk him into it! I'd love to meet you, your husband, Jada & Kito!!!

lizbud
04-26-2004, 06:50 PM
Smokey & I are coming too.:)

I'm going to have to print out the map directions again. I really
hope Smokey does alright. He loves meeting other dogs, but
has only played freely with another dog a few times. I feel so
protective of him because he's so much smaller than Buddy was.

I know that's silly, but that's how it is.:o

Kfamr
04-26-2004, 10:51 PM
I'm getting REALLY excited.

Emily, You HAVE to come!! I've got to meet Kito and give him a great big hug. I'm not sure how to convince your husband... Tell him people all the way from Florida want to meet you and the kids! :p :D

Yay -- Smokey too! I'll be sure to take lots and lots of pictures of him...since you like to deprive us of him. :p Hehehe...

I'm so excited.. I really think this is going to work, or else I highly doubt my dad would even mentioned or say anything about going up there to me without the intention of us making it up there somehow.

ChiRen
04-26-2004, 10:53 PM
Awww, I want to go! lol.

Ohio isn't too bad of a drive from IL. :D;):D

Kfamr
04-26-2004, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by ChiRen
Awww, I want to go! lol.

Ohio isn't too bad of a drive from IL. :D;):D

According to Yahoo, it's about 5 and a half hours from North Barrington, Illinois to Findlay, Ohio. COME! ;) :D :D

ChiRen
04-26-2004, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
According to Yahoo, it's about 5 and a half hours from North Barrington, Illinois to Findlay, Ohio. COME! ;) :D :D

Hmmm...really? I just might be asking my parents about making a trip out to Findlay. :)

5 and a half hours really isn't too bad. And I'd be able to bring Taelir! Ahh, I'd get to show off my new puppers! lol.

**sneaks into parents' room, sneaks back** Shoot...they're sleeping right now, but I'll ask them tomorrow. :) **crosses fingers**

Kfamr
04-26-2004, 11:31 PM
Hmmm...really? I just might be asking my parents about making a trip out to Findlay. :)

5 and a half hours really isn't too bad. And I'd be able to bring Taelir! Ahh, I'd get to show off my new puppers! lol.

**sneaks into parents' room, sneaks back** Shoot...they're sleeping right now, but I'll ask them tomorrow. :) **crosses fingers**

Yep -- not bad at all.. compared to our 16 or so hour drive! :P

If a few simple words don't get them.. take the approach I took last year that got them to say yes.
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29192

;)

Hope you get to come.. I'd love to met Taelir and you!

ChiRen
04-26-2004, 11:41 PM
Yep -- not bad at all.. compared to our 16 or so hour drive! :P

If a few simple words don't get them.. take the approach I took last year that got them to say yes.
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29192

;)

Hope you get to come.. I'd love to met Taelir and you!

lol I just might need to try that! :p:D

16 hours?! :eek: Wow, I would never make it!!

Kfamr
04-26-2004, 11:45 PM
lol I just might need to try that! :p:D

16 hours?! :eek: Wow, I would never make it!!

Yep.. probably longer depending on traffic and such...I think it's so much fun going on road trips. I LOVE going on road trips, especially with the pups. Believe it or not, I love the rest stops. Only the nice ones, of course. Ahh.. I'm getting way too excited.

ChiRen
04-26-2004, 11:49 PM
Yep.. probably longer depending on traffic and such...I think it's so much fun going on road trips. I LOVE going on road trips, especially with the pups. Believe it or not, I love the rest stops. Only the nice ones, of course. Ahh.. I'm getting way too excited.

Awww...now you're getting me all excited and I don't even know if I can go!! **whines**

anna_66
04-27-2004, 06:45 AM
I'd love to meet you and Taelir! Hope you can talk them into coming!!

ramanth
04-27-2004, 08:35 AM
Kia and I will be there. :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-27-2004, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Cinder & Smoke
You Guyz still got da MAPs frum last tyme??
Don't want ya gettin :eek: "lost inna Boonies" :p
I believe I saved everything, along with the official PT Headquarters signs. ;) :D

I'll let you know if we need them again - after I go digging to try and find everything. I think I know where they are.

And nooooo...we don't want to get lost with the motorhome, especially if we end up down a real narrow country lane somewhere with nowhere to turn around! :eek: That would most definitely not be good. ;) :rolleyes: :D

Cinder & Smoke
04-27-2004, 01:42 PM
I saved everything,
along with the official PT Headquarters signs.
;) :D

And nooooo...
we don't want to get lost with the motorhome...

especially if we end up down a real narrow country lane
somewhere with nowhere to turn around! :eek:
That would most definitely not be good. ;) :rolleyes: :D

Though you said Terry "LIKED" to
"Visit NEW Places!" :p

Where's his sense of "Adventure"!?

ChiRen
04-27-2004, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by anna_66
I'd love to meet you and Taelir! Hope you can talk them into coming!!

I asked my mom this morning and she said she'd talk to my dad and they'd "think about it." That's also what they said about getting a dog...so I'm thinking the odds are in my favor. ;):p

anna_66
04-27-2004, 08:32 PM
YIPEE!!!

moosmom
04-27-2004, 10:26 PM
I put in my request for Sunday, May 30th off. I don't see a problem. Moo and I will be there!! I'll bring our Official Pet Talk Greeter, Carl the Cone too! He's SO hoping that the love of his life, Camille, will also be there!!

I'm getting excited everyone!

ChiRen
04-28-2004, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by anna_66
YIPEE!!!

:D:D

Kfamr
04-28-2004, 12:31 AM
Let us know ASAP!
Remind them that Memorical Weekend is just around the corner.
:p

To the other Lauren(BluStang24) -- any uppiedates?

ChiRen
04-28-2004, 12:35 AM
Let us know ASAP!
Remind them that Memorical Weekend is just around the corner.
:p

Will do! They said they will have a definite answer by Sunday...my dad has to check his work schedule to see if he will be in town that weekend. :)

**keeps fingers crossed**

GoldenRetrLuver
04-28-2004, 08:19 AM
Well, according to Map Quest it's 35 hours to get to Findlay from here. [2,297 miles :eek:]

Sorry. :(

sirrahved
04-28-2004, 09:19 AM
someone tell me--how far is findlay from me? (fort wayne?)

sirrahved
04-28-2004, 09:22 AM
Just under two hours away *scratches head*

Karen
04-28-2004, 09:32 PM
Under 2 hours - that's do-able, right? You gonna come? Huh? Huh?

mugsy
04-29-2004, 06:16 AM
Originally posted by sirrahved
someone tell me--how far is findlay from me? (fort wayne?)

Depends where you are in Fort Wayne. Mike and I are on the southeast side (close to Harding) and it's right at 2 hours. If you live on the west side (by Homestead) it would be closer to 2 1/2 hours.

aly
04-29-2004, 11:32 AM
Ewww .. 22 hours away from me. Maybe I should teach Reece to drive.

Kfamr
04-30-2004, 02:22 PM
I'm basically 100% for sure we're coming... I'm not sute if Lauren is or not.

My dad asked me to write down the Name and number of the motel we stayed in last time, and he said this time we were going to get a non-smoking room so it smelt better in there.

I haven't talked to Lauren, my dad tried calling her but both her and my brother's voicemail picked up. So well see... Lauren, if you see this.. CHECK IN!!

DogLover9501
04-30-2004, 03:13 PM
That all sounds so exciting!! :( I wish I could go to a PT meeting!!

Just checked out the distance from me :eek:
Distance: 3803.5 km
Approximate Travel Time: 36 hours 22 mins

*Big sigh* Maybe someday!

Think there will ever be a PT meeting in Canada? ;)

Cinder & Smoke
04-30-2004, 04:42 PM
... he said this time we were going to get a
non-smoking room so it smelt better in there.

That may be wishful thinking, Kay...

"Most" of the motels put Pets and/or Smokers in the SAME rooms.

You can "ask" - but don't be supprised if they say Pets can
*only* stay in "Smoking Allowed" rooms.

/s/ Phred

Kfamr
04-30-2004, 07:04 PM
That may be wishful thinking, Kay...

"Most" of the motels put Pets and/or Smokers in the SAME rooms.

You can "ask" - but don't be supprised if they say Pets can
*only* stay in "Smoking Allowed" rooms.

/s/ Phred

I believe last time we had the option even with pets... I could be wrong but i'm pretty sure it was the option.

ChiRen
04-30-2004, 07:29 PM
It's a no-go for me and Tae. :(

My dad is going to be out of town and my mom doesn't want to drive all the way down there alone. :(:(

I'm so disappointed. :(

Amber
04-30-2004, 09:07 PM
I need to see if my mom is off that day. Hopfully we can make it. I'll ask her about it. too bad, Elvis is too young, I would wanna bring him! -Whines-

Oh well, If I can come, I'll come dog-less! :p

Dakota's Mommy
05-01-2004, 06:55 AM
As my mom said, Brian, Jasmine, and I will be there! As far as the girls, the way it's looking, we're going to have to bring them up to Ohio and if so, Sierra and Dakota will definately be there with us. Not sure on Destiny yet though since she can be kind of ouchy with other dogs. Guess we'll just have to wait and see how the rest of our trip goes before we make that desicion, which could be a last minute one! As far as driving time, I would guess about 21 hours since Aly said it's 22 hours from her and we're only about an hour north of her! But, since we're going through Mississippi to stop at Brian's mom's on the way, the total actual travel time would probably be longer because I think that way is a bit more distance as far as road covered!!!! Anyways, somebody from Texas will be represented!!!!!!

RobiLee
05-01-2004, 07:41 AM
OMG....this is so exciting! I am going to get to meet so many new people. I can't wait to see you all. I am dying to see little Jasmine! Oh how precious!

Robin :D

lovemyshiba
05-01-2004, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by aly
Ewww .. 22 hours away from me. Maybe I should teach Reece to drive.

lol, Aly!!!!

It's about 6 hours from me, and it's not looking *great*--we do also have 2 other possible things to do that weekend, one involving family.

Kfamr
05-01-2004, 01:57 PM
Oh Emily you have to come!!!

Christy's coming.. awesome!! :D

binka_nugget
05-01-2004, 02:25 PM
It's a 39 hour drive from here.. YIKES! -sigh- one day..

Until I get my driver's license and the patience to sit in the car for 39 hours, you'll all just have to take pictures for me. :D

Stenograsaurus
05-05-2004, 11:32 AM
WE MIGHT BE ABLE TO GO!!!!! I didn't think we could make it because Roger's niece is getting married on the 29th. His sister is coming from North Dakota for the weekend. I figured Roger would want to visit with her but he said we could go if I wanted to.
Does anybody from the area know or any reasonable hotels? With the two kids I think it would be better if we stayed overnight one night. And since hubby has been off of work for the past 5 wks. after his heart attack money is a little tight. We need something cheap but safe. I don't think we will be bringing any dogs. The kids will keep us busy enough. Does anybody object to me bringing the kids (7 yrs. and 15 mths.)? If so I won't come. I don't want to take my kids somewhere they're not wanted (it's not fair to them) and I won't spend that much time away from them.

Cinder & Smoke
05-05-2004, 12:46 PM
Steno might come? = :cool: !

Lodging around Findlay, Ohio?

Here's the list of Motels the Chamber of Commerce has on their web site >>>

Comfort Inn
Country Club Inn & Suites
Country Hearth Inn
Cross Country Inn
Days Inn
Econo Lodge
Fairfield Inn
Findlay Inn & Conference Center
Findlay Motel
Hampton Inn
Hawthorne Suites
Holiday Inn Express
Knights Inn
Ramada Inn
Rodeway Inn
Super 8 Motel
TownePlace Suites by Marriott

You can do a http://www.google.com search for the Motels to
get to the Corporate web sites - they often have "1-800" numbers
you can call for rate quotes.

And *think* about WHEN you want to stay in the motel -
? Long drive then Dog Park with the sleep-over on Sunday night ?
or
Drive, sleep-over Saturday night, then Dog Park followed by
long drive home?
or
Sleep-over 2 nights?

KIDS? - Why not!?
Just remember - it IS an OFF-leash DAWG Park ;)
The Young'un WILL need to be "supervised" when IN with the Dogs!

But there are a LOT of areas the 7-yo can enjoy outside of
the dog park - within Easy Walking distance...
Play Areas with jungle-gym equipment.

And we have a *nice* covered Pavilion rented -
just outside of the Dog Enclosure.

HOPE y'all can make it!

/s/ Phred

Kfamr
05-05-2004, 01:27 PM
I came home to pieces of paper with Hotel names and numbers, and prices for dogs on them. along with the park registration agreement -- and the dates "28th, 29th, 30th" written on one.

Pretty much positive we're coming!! :D

Steno--

We stayed at Super 8 Motel last year. It's no the fanciest motel, or the best, but it wasn't bad at all. It's also very easy to find the park from, and there's tons of fast food places RIGHT there you can eat at. KFC is in walking distance.

dukedogsmom
05-05-2004, 02:31 PM
I am so jealous, Kay! I want to go, too! I would get to meet a lot of people and dogs that I've really been wanting to meet. Guess we can't do everything. I just checked. I'm off the 29-31st.
Hmm. How long does it take to drive up there? I'd have to head back on Monday. I could leave Friday night after work. Would have to stop home to pick up Duke.

Kfamr
05-05-2004, 03:11 PM
It takes maybe 16-18 hours... depending on traffic. It's not bad at all.

Now my dad's talking about camping. He said we could borrow my mom's boss's camper type thing (one of those that attaches to the truck) and Kenny & Lauren could drive in their vehicle. If Lauren is able to come... also, I believe Lauren's parents have a big tent that the two of them could sleep in..

How hot is the weather up there? I'm all for camping... but if it's going to be hot, i'd rather not.
Anyone know of good camping sites in the Findlay area which allow dogs? And in my preference has a lake? ;)

I just looked on weather.com and it said the average high for that weekend is 74-75F.

and I just searched for capsites in OH...
Found this one it's around a hour or so away from Findlay (according to yahoo) It seems nice, just wondering if any of you know any closer? Not sure if they allow dogs, but it is a must that they do, of course.

All of the other ones on koa.com are 2-3 hours away.

Kfamr
05-05-2004, 04:20 PM
I've been searching on the net for campsites.. been finding ones within an hour drive. Which isn't bad at all. all that i've written down have showers/electri/pets allowed. and a few with lakes :D

My dad called the previous one I posted about and they said it was $37.50 a night. Which the last one I searched for said a fee of $15-$19 on their websites, showers/lake/electricity/pets allowed. 1 hour and 8 mins from Findlay. :)

Cincy'sMom
05-05-2004, 04:30 PM
I don't know too much about the campgrounds, but you may check Van Buren State park. I know there is a campground there. There is also one just north of Findlay (right near my mom's), The name escapes me. The other one I can think of is in Vanlue, fairly close to Findlay and about 1/2 between Findlay and where Staci lives in Upper. I think that one may be a KOA, but I'm not sure. I will do some searching and see what I find...

Kfamr
05-05-2004, 04:34 PM
This is the one i'm really interested in...
http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/parks/parks/indianlk.htm

It's only around a hour and a half away..
It says limited pet areas, ad I wouldn't want to go to that one if the dogs weren't allowed near the lake or something. I'll have my dad call them later. :)

Cincy'sMom
05-05-2004, 04:34 PM
Here's a link to Van Buren State Park (dogs permitted)

http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/parks/parks/vanburen.htm

Van Buren State Park
Van Buren, OH
Correspondence and Phone Inquiries:
Mary Jane Thurston State Park
1-466 State Route 65
McClure, OH 43534-9711
(419) 832-7662

Van Buren offers a campground with 40 non-electric sites. A multi-use campground at the east end of the park offers 38 non-electric sites for general camping as well as horseman's camping.
Tables, pit latrines and a dump station are provided. A primitive, walk-in, youth-group camping area is located in the southeast section of the park and is available by reservation. Pet camping is permitted on designated sites.

Cincy'sMom
05-05-2004, 04:40 PM
And here are the other two I was thinking of
The one very close to my mom's:

Shadylake Campground
11506 Twp Road 101
Findlay, OH 45840
(419) 423-3490

Vanlue:
Heritage Springs Campground
13891 Township Road 199
Vanlue, OH 45890
(419) 387-7738
http://www.ohiocamper.com/ohcamper-scripts/memberlisting.asp?zid=95

Kfamr
05-05-2004, 04:58 PM
Thanks Amy!
I'll show my dad these when he gets home. :)

Cinder & Smoke
05-05-2004, 05:07 PM
Campgrounds?

The Visit Findlay site lists these Campgrounds >>>

Heritage Springs Campground
Pleasant View Recreation Campground
Shadylake Campground
Sulpher Lake Campground
Twin Lakes Park
Van Buren State Park

And Hancock Park District allows "Primitive" Camping -
right across the road from the Bark Park.
But I think they ONLY allow Tents -
don't know if you're allowed to "set up" and use mobile Campers.

And... :p "Primitive" means NO "flushin" potty or showers! ;)
Check with the Park District >>
Hancock Park District WEB Site (http://www.hancockparks.com/parks.htm)

If you're considering any of the Ohio State Parks -
be sure to RESERVE Early - they almost always "Fill UP" on
Memorial Day weekend!

*added*

Here's a "Click Map" of ALL the Ohio STATE Parks >>
*Clickable Map* of Ohio STATE Parks (http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/parks/parks/default.htm)

Amber
05-05-2004, 05:19 PM
I can't come...another let down for me again! :(

My mom is working for someone else that week, because its graduation. This sucks....I really really wanted to go. :(

We will have another one soon, will we? :(

Karen
05-05-2004, 05:29 PM
Any chance someone could pick you up on their way through, or would your folks be uncomfortable letting you go with "strangers"?

Kfamr
05-05-2004, 05:36 PM
One of the campsites my dad was looking at (and really liked) was in St marys....... If I remember correctly, that's where you are, right Amber?

Possibly we could pick you up or meet you somewhere.

(just a thought, nothing for real... have to ask my dad)

Amber
05-05-2004, 05:45 PM
Yes Im in St.Marys. I do know of a campsite. It's by the lake. Extremely close to me...just a lonnng road away! (kinda) :)

Hmm.....I would have to ask, but it wouldn't be possible. My parents would prolly feel really uncomfortable with it, but I can ask, if possible.

Kfamr
05-05-2004, 05:51 PM
If we are over that way, maybe *if possible* we could just come and meet you guys -- and you could meet Sim,Nala, and Honey. :D

Amber
05-05-2004, 06:44 PM
That would be awesome!

Are you guys staying at the campsite? If you guys are it would be neat to bring the dogs to the beachy area.

mountain maniac
05-05-2004, 10:29 PM
Well it looks like Mountain maniac and Stenograsaurus will be in Findley OH on the 30th..We have obligations on the 29th but we will be driving out early on the 30th..........Ok Beth I posted will you please give me my medications back now!!!!!!!!!Beth must want to go pretty bad she is withholding my meds till i said we could go....lol Roger

Karen
05-05-2004, 10:40 PM
Yay! So glad you can come!!!!! :)

Blustang24
05-05-2004, 11:20 PM
WATCH OUT FINDLAY!!! HERE COMES THE FLORIDIANS!!!!!!

KAYANN- All clear with the boss! :) woohoo!

shais_mom
05-05-2004, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by mountain maniac
Well it looks like Mountain maniac and Stenograsaurus will be in Findley OH on the 30th..We have obligations on the 29th but we will be driving out early on the 30th..........Ok Beth I posted will you please give me my medications back now!!!!!!!!!Beth must want to go pretty bad she is withholding my meds till i said we could go....lol Roger

lmao!!!!!

Kfamr
05-05-2004, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by Blustang24
WATCH OUT FINDLAY!!! HERE COMES THE FLORIDIANS!!!!!!

KAYANN- All clear with the boss! :) woohoo!

Seriously!?!?!?

OMG... Ahh..!!!

And Kenny said you liked the idea of camping. I was afraid you wouldn't, but then again you guys go camping all the time.

Lots of pictures opportunities!

Blustang24
05-05-2004, 11:57 PM
SERIOUSLY!!! I'm for real girlfriend!!! lol camping is fine.

so is it u and your dad in the camper and keny and I out in a tent? That's what I seemed to gather in the post from you earlier. I think.

Blustang24
05-05-2004, 11:58 PM
ALSO!!! We're gonna be stopping in Tennessee to get fireworks...Hopefully...because they have really good ones that you can't buy here in FL! :(

Kfamr
05-05-2004, 11:59 PM
SERIOUSLY!!! I'm for real girlfriend!!! lol camping is fine.

so is it u and your dad in the camper and keny and I out in a tent? That's what I seemed to gather in the post from you earlier. I think.

I guess soo... that's what my dad said. not sure though. We'll have to talk about it some more in person. :p

BTW, we need to talk about the FL meeting too. :P

Blustang24
05-06-2004, 12:05 AM
Ok...maybe tomorrow call me on my cell. I think you mom has the number if you don't. Either that or get it from kenny. I'm tired now

anna_66
05-06-2004, 07:43 AM
I'm so excited you all are cominghttp://img14.photobucket.com/albums/v43/anna66/5.gif

Beth, I'm sure your children would be more than welcome:)

I can't wait to meet everyone:D :D :D

Stenograsaurus
05-06-2004, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by mountain maniac

Why would I hold your meds when I haven't upped your life insurance policy yet? ;) :p

wolf_Q
05-06-2004, 12:07 PM
Just reading this thread is making ME excited and I can't even come!! Take lots of pics for me! I think another "group shot" of the hoomans and doggies is in order. ;) I really wish I could come...*sigh* Well I have another plan to come next summer, so I hope it works out. :)

Kfamr
05-06-2004, 06:49 PM
I'm fine with group shots as long as i'm on the other side of the camera! :p :p

Blustang24
05-06-2004, 09:08 PM
I'm fine with group shots as long as i'm on the other side of the camera! :p :p

Kenny and I will hold you down if need be!!!!

Kfamr
05-06-2004, 09:12 PM
Kenny and I will hold you down if need be!!!!

Psssshhffft... Impossible.

Blustang24
05-06-2004, 09:14 PM
Psssshhffft... Impossible.

Never say never lol!!!! We'll get you my pretty and your little dogs too!!! LOL :D ;)

Kfamr
05-06-2004, 09:16 PM
Never say never lol!!!! We'll get you my pretty and your little dogs too!!! LOL :D ;)

Little? Are you sure about that?:p

Blustang24
05-06-2004, 09:22 PM
little...well ...none of us are exactly little so it cancels each other out!!!

Kfamr
05-09-2004, 02:23 PM
I'm sooooo excited to go. I'll have to get my sister to get me some more memory cards for my camera.

I *only*, yes only, have 3. That's really not enough for me, especially with my picture-taking addiction. :o

Stenograsaurus
05-11-2004, 10:42 AM
We have the hotel room reserved and a pet-sitter for the pets. Can't wait to meet everybody. And, Anna, I would love a turn with Angus.

RobiLee
05-11-2004, 12:42 PM
The day is getting closer....woo hoo! I can't wait to see everyone and am real excited about meeting people I haven't met before. This is so cool!

It looks like I will be coming by myself. I am undecided about what I am going to do about the girls. I want to bring them both but then I worry that I won't be able to keep a close eye on both of them. If I just bring one then I can't decide who I should bring. I hate leaving one at home. I could just come by myself. I really wanted to bring Katie again to see how she behaves this time. Oh, decisions decisions!

Can we get a list of people who are coming? I would really like to know who all is coming and from where.

My name is Robin and I will be coming from Chillicothe, OH!

Can't wait to see you all......Robin :)

Desert Arabian
05-11-2004, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by YellowLabLover
MOMMY AND I WILL BE THERE! AND GUESS WHO ELSE IS COMING WITH US TO FINDLAY, KAYANN!!!

GUESS...

KEEP GUESSING..

OSCAR, FRED, CHLOE, DAISY, VIOLETTE, PHOEBE, AND SUZIE! THE RATTIES!!

Make that Oscar, Chloe, Violette, Phoebe, and Suzie. :(

Kfamr
05-11-2004, 01:19 PM
Oh Robin! you have the bring both!!!
I was worried about watching Simba and Nala, but everyone's pretty much good a helping others watch their dogs.

I'm KayAnn, or Kay -- From Florida,
My father, Ken, and two pups Simba & Nala will be coming.
As well as Lauren (blustang24) and my brother/her boyfriend, Kenny. They will be bringing Honey, the dog.

anna_66
05-11-2004, 01:41 PM
I'm Anna & I will be coming from Piqua, Oh.
I will be bringing my husband Mark, Angus (hopefully:)), Roxey and Huney.

ramanth
05-11-2004, 03:40 PM
I'm Kimmy and I will be bringing Andy, Kia, and possibly Dreyfus.

Cinder & Smoke
05-11-2004, 03:52 PM
Hey KIA ~

Iz yur Buddie Dreyfus gonna bring his DAD along agin this tyme;
or iz he jest commin solo wiff you? :confused:

RobiLee
05-11-2004, 07:40 PM
Ok, Kay Ann and Anna have helped me decide and I will be bringing both Katie and Tori. If things get a little sticky me and the girls can always go for a walk or hangout at the shelter and guard the food ;)

Tori will be going to the vet soon for some more of her shots and I do want to check with him to make sure he thinks it is alright since she hasn't actually had her shots for that long. I hope he says it will be ok.

I'm getting excited....Robin :)

anna_66
05-12-2004, 05:54 AM
I sure hope he says she's ok to bring!

Blustang24
05-12-2004, 07:54 AM
ANGUS! ANGUS! ANGUS!!!!

lizbud
05-12-2004, 06:03 PM
YES !!!! I finally received our Dog Park pass in the mail.:D

Only a few more weeks folks.....:D :D I'm starting to get so
excited.:)

Kfamr
05-12-2004, 09:45 PM
Starting to get excited?!

I've been overly excited for a while.
And the fact that school is out soon is even more exciting!

Everytime I look at the papers my dad printed out for the campsite i get even more excited. :p

Karen
05-12-2004, 10:26 PM
Paul and I will be there! We're driving out from Massachusetts.

Miss Hoppy will be staying home to guard the house. She is pretty convinced that all car rides end at the vet's office, so she happily stays home.

Stenograsaurus
05-13-2004, 11:37 AM
Are there outlets to plug in crockpots? What are people bringing?

shais_mom
05-13-2004, 11:46 AM
Yup there are plug ins for coffee pots etc.
Keegan and I are coming (Staci)
Not sure what I am bringing yet,
Steno, if you just want to bring something easy or stop at one of the grocery stores along the way to pick something up, that would be fine!! I know you are coming a long way and have plans that weekend. We will have plenty of food!!! ;)

anna_66
05-13-2004, 01:24 PM
Oh yes, Staci is right.....we always have plenty of food!

ramanth
05-13-2004, 03:44 PM
Hey KIA ~

Iz yur Buddie Dreyfus gonna bring his DAD along agin this tyme;
or iz he jest commin solo wiff you? :confused:

:D Solo this time. :)

Cinder & Smoke
05-13-2004, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by ramanth

:D Dreyfus = Solo this time. :)

GLAD we'll see Dreyfus again!
Iz he *sportin* his new Summer *BUZZ* Kut hare-do yet?

But Dad sed *NUTz*! that hiz Dad can't come. :(

Da poor GUYz are alluz out-nummered! :p

4 Dog Mother
05-13-2004, 07:01 PM
I will be there with Taggert, Jack and Snoopy. I think Carl will be coming. We are from Findlay.

I believe that Christy, Brian and Jasmine are coming. It is still not clear whether they are bringing Dakota, Destiny and Sierra or not. They are from Texas.

Amy has not responded but I believe that she and Ralph and Sadie, Cincy and Spot will be there also. They are from Toledo.

I imagine I will bring my potato salad and brownies again. And paper plates, napkins, forks.

Karen
05-13-2004, 07:42 PM
I will volunteer to bring a couple kind of cookies - I can bake them before we head out ... or is there something else folks would like us to bring?

(Pssst - doggers - I promise one of the kinds will have no chocolate and be doggie safe for you guys)

lizbud
05-13-2004, 07:44 PM
I'm new to the gatherings, so forgive me if I ask a dumb
question. Does anyone keep track of what everyone's bringing
or does this always just work out ? ;) I'd gladly bring needed stuff but haven't cooked "for company" in a long time. :rolleyes:

Also, my Vet's office advised a Bordetella shot for Smokey. Do
you all think that's a good idea ? It's not a shot he usually gets
but, if needed, I will.

Cincy'sMom
05-13-2004, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by lizbud
I'm new to the gatherings, so forgive me if I ask a dumb
question. Does anyone keep track of what everyone's bringing
or does this always just work out ? ;) I'd gladly bring needed stuff but haven't cooked "for company" in a long time. :rolleyes:

Also, my Vet's office advised a Bordetella shot for Smokey. Do
you all think that's a good idea ? It's not a shot he usually gets
but, if needed, I will.

Al ot of times people mention what they may be bringing, but things do sorta work out and there is ALWAYS TONS of food for everyone :)

Our dog's have their bordetella shot becuse it is required for dayschool, but the park does not require it. I would guess that being out inthe open air, even if another dog has kennel cough it is not going to be as easily transmitted in a few hours as it may be in the closed air of "kennels" Some say it is not that helpful because there is always new strains of the virus and so the vaccinations isn't a garuntee. I don't think it is one that would hurt, but if you chose not to getit I think Smokey would be fine.

RobiLee
05-13-2004, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by 4 Dog Mother

I imagine I will bring my potato salad and brownies again. And paper plates, napkins, forks.

YUMMY!!! I love that potato salad! You can't back out of it now, Diana. You've already put it down in writing ;)

I'd like to volunteer to bring the hamburger, hot dogs and buns too. If someone could just give me an idea of how many hamburger patties I should make up. I'm not good at guessing that kind of stuff. Someone else has to do the grilling also. Every time I do any grilling the meat always winds up a tad bit on the crispy side. My guys have gotten so use to it now that they think that is how it is suppose to be....lol

I'm counting down the days!...Robin :)

Kfamr
05-13-2004, 10:25 PM
I can't believe i'm going to get to meet Smokey! I'm going to have to take tons of pictures of him... since we don't get to see many! :p

Cinder & Smoke
05-14-2004, 11:45 AM
WHAT to BRING on Sunday, May 30th ??

Here's what has been promised so far >>>

Diana (4DM): Tater Salad {Mmmmm, GUD!} & Brownies {Mmmmm, GUD!}
. . . plates & napkins * forks left from last time

Robin: Burgers, Hot Dawgs + Bunz fur both

Karen & Paul: Assorted COOKIEz

Phred: Kitchen Suppliez & STUFF =
.. Kondymintz =
. . KetchUp
. . Brown Mustard
. . Sweet Relish
. . Salt & Peppur
. . ChopUp a Unyin or two
. . 'Merican Cheeze fur Cheeze-Burgerz
. . Roll of Papur Towels
. . Kooler wiff Pop & Ice -
. . . both HiTest an Diet Pops
. . Bag a CharKoal
. . CharKoal Liter Juze
. . grill Tweezers & Spatchula
. . *Zip-Lok Baggiez* - fur Carry-Outz & Take-Homez ;)

. . Sum BRATs wiff Cheeze stuffed inside & Bunz

. . An of COURSE - Dad's Big Batch a Chawka-Chip Kookiez!!

------------------------------------

OK - that's what I picked out from the previous posts.

If you're going to ADD something to this list -
Please "QUOTE" THIS Post and then put your item inside the Quote.

Oh yeah...
The FurKids want to mention >> Dawg Treets!!
~ Like we'd furget... :rolleyes:

Oh, Hey! Whoo'z COOKIN?? :confused:
Miz Anna did a Bang-Up Wunnerful :D Job inna "Kitchen" last tyme -
Let's kope she bringz her Aprin again! ;)

ramanth
05-14-2004, 12:49 PM
Well, in the past when I would bring something, it wouldn't get eaten, so what would you all like me to bring?

Cinder & Smoke
05-14-2004, 01:20 PM

Well, in the past when I would bring something,
it wouldn't get eaten :( ...

:eek: WHUT?? :confused:

Sorry, Miz Kimmy ~ :(

Hard ta believe DAD missed a treet onna tabul! :p

Mebee we otta arrange things a lil different...

Move da Koolerz annd Supplies *OFF* the piknik tabulz;
an put allua FOOD DISHES "together" so's folks can *SEE* em.

Dad sez he sure dint *ignore* yur stuff -
just must notta *seen* it. :(

Not too much inna way of *FOOD* dat getz past Dad!

An we're gonna add Plastik Baggies to our list ~
so iffin folks run outta room inna tummie ~
they can take a Sampil HOME wiff em -
we *like* midnite *SNAKz*!

;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-14-2004, 01:28 PM

.. Kondymintz =
. . KetchUp
. . Brown Mustard
. . Sweet Relish
. . Salt & Peppur
. . Roll of Papur Towels
. . Bag a CharKoal
. . CharKoal Liter Juze

T&P's Mom - Pasta salad and Key Lime Pie (seemed to be a hit last time) - also, we're bringing the motorhome again, so if anyone needs a real refrigerator or stove - no problem, we've got 'em on board.

Kfamr - we'll be at the best camping spot around town - the parking lot of Cracker Barrel. ;) :p They're not too good for doggie areas though, and I don't think a tent on black top would be too comfortable. Let us know when you finally pick a spot and maybe we can get in the same place. Although one of them you listed above didn't sound like it had room for 40' motorhomes, but I'll check into all the ones listed.

Barring any unforeseen circumstances, we'll be at the Cracker Barrel sometime later Saturday afternoon. If anyone staying over wants to meet there for dinner, that would be great. It would be like a pre-party party. ;) Too bad Richard can't make it and bring is infamous slushies along. ;) :D

Oh, and my name is Debbie and I'll be bringing Terry - not looking good for T & P. Got a really cool outside cage thingy for them, but we haven't had a chance for a "test weekend" with them in the motorhome yet and I think this might just be a bit far for a first time trip for them. :(

aly
05-14-2004, 01:55 PM
If anyone's food doesn't get eaten, you guys just pack it on up and ship it to Texas. I'll make sure none goes to waste!! Hehe :)

Hope you all have a great time and take lots of pictures! Its really cool that you guys do this so often and so many of you make it. Is Leslie going to make it to this one? I'd love to hear how she, Graham, and Kersey are doing!

I can't believe even people from Texas and Florida are getting to come! I wish I could! Guster girl and I will be having a mini-PT meeting at the time so we'll be thinking of you guys!

Kfamr
05-14-2004, 01:59 PM
I'm almost *positive* we're going to be camping here~

Heritage Springs Campground (http://www.woodalls.com/a/03260_HeritageSpringsCG.html)

My dad has info printed out and written down for it.
I'm not sure if we'll be bringing anything... maybe we'll just pick up something at the store. Who knows!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-14-2004, 03:03 PM
I'm almost *positive* we're going to be camping here~

Thanks, I bookmarked the link. Looks like a nice place and best of all "Big Rigs Welcome!" :D

anna_66
05-15-2004, 09:45 AM

.. Kondymintz =
. . KetchUp
. . Brown Mustard
. . Sweet Relish
. . Salt & Peppur
. . Roll of Papur Towels
. . Bag a CharKoal
. . CharKoal Liter Juze

. .T&P's Mom - Pasta salad and Key Lime Pie (seemed to be a hit last time) - also, we're bringing the motorhome again, so if anyone needs a real refrigerator or stove - no problem, we've got 'em on board.

. . Anna-I'm going to be bringing a birthday cake for Roxey and all her friends:) since her birthday is on the 31 (the next day).
As for people food...how about some chips and maybe some chicken salad for sandwiches?

------------------------------------

I can do the cooking....no problem:)

Cincy'sMom
05-15-2004, 11:11 AM
I hope you don't mind, Phred, but I have reorganized the list by category. I was having a hard time figuring out what else we might need so I did this instead.

Main Dish/Meat
Burgers (Robin)
Hot Dogs (Robin) (also buns for both)
Brats w/ Cheese (Phred)
Chicken Salad (Anna)

Salads/Sides
Tater Salad (4DM)
Pasta Salad (T&P)
Ramen Noodle Salad (CM and SD)
Chips (Anna)

Desserts
Brownies (4DM)
Key Lime Pie (T&P)
Cookies (Karen and Paul)
Chocolate Chip cookies (Phred)
Doggie Birthday Cake (Anna)

Kitchen Suppliez & STUFF
. . KetchUp
. . Brown Mustard
. . Sweet Relish
. . Salt & Peppur
. . Roll of Papur Towels
. . Bag a CharKoal
. . CharKoal Liter Juze
...plates & napkins * forks left from last time

Kfamr
05-15-2004, 11:25 AM
I know for sure we'll be bringing treats for the dogs. :p
Can't leave home without those!! ;)

Kfamr
05-16-2004, 11:44 AM
I'm not sure if Kenny, Lauren, and Honey are coming now... I don't know, either one of them can explain if they'd like.... I'll leave it to them.

I was wondering, is gabbiegirl coming??

Gabbie and Simba could play again! :p

4 Dog Mother
05-16-2004, 03:17 PM
I am pretty sure that Gabby will be there. Christy and Brian and Jasmine are not bringing the 3 dogs after all - they found someone to stay at their hosue and watch them. But I know everyone will be just excited to meet that beautiful grandbaby of mine!

ramanth
05-17-2004, 10:00 AM
That's okay Phred. :D I know things have a tendancy to get misplaced. I just want to make sure to bring something that people like. :)

I've decided on Fruit Salad. :)

Does anyone like fruit? ;)

Originally posted by Cincy'sMom

Main Dish/Meat
Burgers (Robin)
Brats w/ Cheese (Phred)
Chicken Salad (Anna)

Salads/Sides
Tater Salad (4DM)
Pasta Salad (T&P)
Chips (Anna)
Fruit Salad (Kimmy)

Desserts
Brownies (4DM)
Key Lime Pie (T&P)
Cookies (Karen and Paul)

Kitchen Suppliez & STUFF
. . KetchUp
. . Brown Mustard
. . Sweet Relish
. . Salt & Peppur
. . Roll of Papur Towels
. . Bag a CharKoal
. . CharKoal Liter Juze
. . *Zip-Lok Baggiez* - fur Carry-Outz & Take-Homez

4 Dog Mother
05-17-2004, 10:56 AM
Yeah, Kimmy! I love fruit! And by the way, because I have gone to so many reunions and mothers and aunts have to set everything up just so, I have noticed that we have no rhyme or reason or certain place that the food is. I have missed food alot of times because of that. So I think we just need to get a little more organized about the way we set up. Then no ones goodies will get missed!

The first couple of times I brought potato salad I had trouble figuring out what to do with it because I didn't want anyone to get sick from eating it after it had been sitting too long. I didn't like to leave Amy with her dogs and mine for too long so sometimes I put it back in the cooler before I went back over the the park. I am sure not everyone knew it was there. So I guess we just need to work together and make sure that things that could spoil get put back into coolers, etc.

RobiLee
05-17-2004, 11:08 AM
Yes, I love fruit!! Yummy! I agree with Diana, things do seem to get a bit scattered and we probably miss things because of that. We'll solve that problem this time ;) I for one don't want to miss out on anything :D I like to try a little bit of it all :p

I'm sorry that Christy and Brian won't be bringing the furkids but thrilled that Jasmine will be there. Yay!!!! Can I please, please have a turn at holding her? Grandma and Auntie can't keep her all to themselves! I can't believe I get to meet Christy too. It's been a long time coming!

Not too much longer to wait eveyone....Robin :)

Cinder & Smoke
05-17-2004, 03:46 PM
"Phred's Travel Guide" requires some minor modifications
that will effect Travelers approaching the Findlay Dawg Park
from the South-East or the East...
ATTN: Steno and COLUMBUS area folks; possibly ROBIN ??;
KayAnn (from the Heritage Springs Campground at Vanlue)...

MOST Folks are **NOT** effected by this...
Anyone using InterState I-75 can ignore all of this -
The "Final Approach" from the I-75 Exit at OHIO Route 12
remains unchanged - SAME as last year & this Spring.

Soooo - if you were routed via Ohio Route 23 North or US/OH Route 30...
Onto OH-15; then told to *watch* for "Township Road # 190"...
forget about Twp Rd #190!! It will lead you across a "lil Dinky Bridge"
on Twp Rd 207 that IS Permanently :eek: *CLOSED*!

Let's pick it up on Northbound OHIO-23 (from Columbus where
folks from the East (Route 30) get on OH-23 at "Upper Sandusky"...

Boogey NORTH on OH-23...
.. Stay STRAIGHT as OH-23 EXITS off to the north >
.. Go STRAIGHT and the highway "becomes" OH-15 WEST
.. Continue West on OH-15
. . (in 5.1 miles you PASS the "Vanlue Exit / OH-330")
. . Another 4.8 miles past Vanlue and you
.. EXIT OH-15 at "Mt Blanchard / Findlay / OH-37
.. Turn RIGHT on OH-37 West (towards Findlay)
.. go 1.1 miles and *watch carefully* for the very small "234" sign
. . (the sign is on the LEFT side of the highway)
.. Turn RIGHT on Township Road 234
.. go 1.4 miles north on Twp Rd 234 -
. . (straight through a STOP sign at County Rd 205
. . with a Red Brick Church on the far left corner)
.. Landmarks >>
. . You're *looking* for a lil "Twp Rd 207" sign that's on the left
. . side of 234; at a left-jog in the road to go around a big farm...
. . with tall pine trees "hiding" Twp Rd 207...
. . (after you *miss* 207; just trun around at the big farm) :rolleyes:
.. Turn RIGHT onto Twp Rd 207...
. . you'll see the Reservoir (BIG dirt mound with grass)
. . road ONLY turns to left paralleling the Reservoir
. . go half a mile; road ONLY turns Right - following along
. . beside the Reservoir which stays on your right...
. . another 1 mile and Rd 207 STOPS at "County Road 208"
. . (You're "almost" there!)
.. Turn LEFT on Twp Rd 208 and ENTER the Park
. . pass sign "Riverbend Recreation Area"
. . pass "The LODGE" - on your left -
. . a large, new Pavilion (with picnic tables under porch roof)
.. SLOW DOWN; Turn LEFT into parking lot JUST past "The LODGE"

"Our" Pavilion #7 is the First one on the right as you enter the
parking lot. Dawg Park is behind Pavilion #7.

*"LOOK*" for Debbie & Terry's BIG Motor Home in the lot!

---------------------
Suggest you *PRINT* this revision...
MapQuest doesn't "know" the Bridge is CLOSED on
Twp Rd 207 EAST of the Reservoir... :(

A "NOTE:" about the "lil Road Signs"...
ALL the "lil Road Signs" marking the County and Township Roads ~
BIGIN with the County ("HANCOCK") or Township
("Big Lick", "Marion", and there's others),
NAME... then comes the Raod's NUMBER :mad: ...

Soooo - Practice reading JUST the NUMBER on the small signs!
The NUMBERS remain the same,
regardless of which Township or County they're in!

And MapQust doesn't differentiate between "County Highway #"
and "Township Road #" - BOTH kinds of road are just shown in
lil square Boxes... :rolleyes:

-----------------------------------------

If you want to "see" MapQuest Maps of the area...

START at http://www.mapquest.com
"DESTINATION" depends on where you're Starting from...

From Chicago, Michigan, Indiana, NY, Mass, Northern Ohio,
SouthWestern Ohio use >>>
City & State & ZIP: [ Findlay ] [ OH ] [ 45840 ]

From Central Pennsylvania, SouthEastern Ohio, Columbus, use >>>
City & State & ZIP: [ Findlay ] [ OH ] [ 45840 ]

If you're now Totally Freaked Out by all of this...
Send "Cinder & Smoke" a PM with your Starting Town Name & State;
and you're E-MAIL address - we'll send you a Custom MapQuest route!

If you'd like the *comfort* of having someone to *CALL* for help =
send a PM and we'll give you Dad's Cell Phone Number.
The "Travel Bureau" is alluz *open*!

And remember - we haven't :eek: "LOST" anyone yet
driving to the Bark Park - please don't be da Furst!
*ASK* iffin you aren't sure bout the Directions!

;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-17-2004, 03:55 PM
*ASK* iffin you aren't sure bout the Directions!
;)

Ok, you said to ask....;)

We were thinking about staying at the same campground as Kfmar but were unsure because of all the county and state roads that we would need to take between there and the Bark Park. We know we can get there from the Cracker Barrel, so my question is, with this re-routing, are all the roads "big rig" friendly? Or should we just plan on the Cracker Barrel to make it easy on everyone (meaning you, Phred ;) )?

Thanks for the help. I'm going to look tonight to make sure I still have the directions from last year....I'm almost positive I do.....

Cinder & Smoke
05-17-2004, 05:09 PM
Ok, you said to ask... ;)

... We know we can get there from the Cracker Barrel,
so my question is, with this re-routing,
are all the roads "big rig" friendly?

The "QUICK Answer" to Deb's Question is YES!
The "Heritage Springs Campground" at Vanlue route
Back TO the Findlay Dawg Park *IS* ALL "Big Rig Friendly" :D

Well... "sorta" *friendly*... :p
at least there are NOT any :eek: *rickity bridges*...

And since Terry managed to wheel 'er into the Parking Lot
AT the Dawg Park without mowing down anything...
He can handle the lil 1 & 1/2 lane country back road turns!

Just *WATCH* for the two *hairy ones* so you don't *miss* em!
#1 is the RIGHT Turn from OH-37 onto Twp Rd 234;
#2 is from Twp Rd 234 RIGHT onto Twp Rd 207 -
. . THAT one is "hairy" kuz you're distracted thinking you're
. . going to drive straight into the Big Barn;
. . the "Twp Rd 207" SIGN is on the left;
. . and 207 is "hidden" by the tall pines on the right
. . Just keep 'er down under 50 mph after you STOP at the Church! ;)

Now Here's the **IMPORTANT** item for both KAYANN & Debbie...

Heritage Springs Campground is "almost" :eek: **FULL**!!!

KayAnn - did your Dad CALL & Make a Reservation???
PHONE # -s (419) 387-7738

I called to check on HOW to get TO their campground -
and Mrs. Owner said they only had "a couple" CAMPING sites
left for Memorial Day Weekend...

Once we get past the Question of *IF* KayAnn is going to
actually be staying there...
we can address the "Travel Route" of getting OFF OH-15 and
into the Campground...
It's NOT quite as "easy" as MapQuest makes it *look*.

It *IS* "Big Rig Friendly" Deb - just not "obvious"
from the maps...

And she said your "Big Rig" prolly won't make one Campground TURN...
she said they could "Put you Out Front" (as long as it din't rain)...

DEB - Terry otta call em -
after KayAnn says if they are going to be able to "get in" there.

More later - if Heritage Springs IS a real possibility.

Kfamr
05-17-2004, 08:30 PM
YES, we ARE staying there.

My dad already made reservations and has paid for it. :)

Once we get in Findlay I basically remeber how to get to the park... my dad does too.

Do you mean the bridge that had the bars/stuff over top of it?

We got there by a little road that went along a river... it was overflooded too when we were there.

Cinder & Smoke
05-17-2004, 09:01 PM

Once we get in Findlay I basically remeber
how to get to the park... my dad does too.

Do you mean the bridge that had the
bars/stuff over top of it?

We got there by a little road that went along a river...
it was overflooded too when we were there.

KayAnn ~

If you stay at Heritage Springs Campground -
you're right ON OHIO-15...

Use the "Modifications" outlined in today's post above to
go directly to the Dog Park -
it's WAY OUT of your way to go "into Findlay" in order
to follow the route you used last year.

FROM Heritage Springs TO the Dog Park...

. . Get ONTO OHIO-15 headed WEST at Vanlue...
. . Another 4.8 miles WEST of Vanlue and you
.. EXIT OH-15 at "Mt Blanchard / Findlay / OH-37
.. Turn RIGHT on OH-37 West (towards Findlay)
.. go 1.1 miles and *watch carefully* for the very small "234" sign
. . (the sign is on the LEFT side of the highway)
.. Turn RIGHT on Township Road 234
.. go 1.4 miles north on Twp Rd 234 -
. . (straight through a STOP sign at County Rd 205
. . with a Red Brick Church on the far left corner)
.. Landmarks >>
. . You're *looking* for a lil "Twp Rd 207" sign that's on the left
. . side of 234; at a left-jog in the road to go around a big farm...
. . with tall pine trees "hiding" Twp Rd 207...
. . (after you *miss* 207; just trun around at the big farm) :rolleyes:
.. Turn RIGHT onto Twp Rd 207...
. . you'll see the Reservoir (BIG dirt mound with grass)
. . road ONLY turns to left paralleling the Reservoir
. . go half a mile; road ONLY turns Right - following along
. . beside the Reservoir which stays on your right...
. . another 1 mile and Rd 207 STOPS at "County Road 208"
. . (You're "almost" there!)
.. Turn LEFT on Twp Rd 208 and ENTER the Park
. . pass sign "Riverbend Recreation Area"
. . pass "The LODGE" - on your left -
. . a large, new Pavilion (with picnic tables under porch roof)
.. SLOW DOWN; Turn LEFT into parking lot JUST past "The LODGE"

"Our" Pavilion #7 is the First one on the right as you enter the
parking lot. Dawg Park is behind Pavilion #7.

*"LOOK*" for Debbie & Terry's BIG Motor Home in the lot!

---------------------
Suggest you *PRINT* this revision...

/s/ Phred

shais_mom
05-18-2004, 12:07 AM
I drive right by Vanlue on my way to Findlay if you (Terry and Debbie and Kay and Dad) want me to I can come to the Campground and ya'll can follow me to the bark park. It is a straight shot once you get off of the road that the campground is on I can take you the way that you got the Big Rig to the park last year.

ramanth
05-18-2004, 09:36 AM
Okay, I'm thouroghly confused.

Is the bridge on TR 241 closed?

Us I-75er's that come from the north take the 161 exit

Left on Alt Route 12

Right on CR 236

Left on SR 568

Then turn right onto TR 241, cross the bridge, and viola we're in the park. :)

gabbiegirl
05-18-2004, 10:14 AM
If you usually take 568 (Sandusky St.) to get to the dog park, ignore all the afore mentioned detours. You are still okay.

Cinder & Smoke
05-18-2004, 10:42 AM

Okay, I'm thouroghly confused. :(

Is the bridge on TR 241 closed? NO!
... the lil Twp 241 Rickety Bridge is still OPEN!

Us I-75er's that come from the north take the 161 exit
Left on Alt Route 12
Right on CR 236
Left on SR 568
Then turn right onto TR 241, cross the bridge,
and viola ~ we're in the park. :)

KIMMY - and ALL I-75 Travelers

WHATEVER WAY you wandered from the Interstate (I-75) ~
from the North (Kimmy) or the South (Johanna & Anna) ~
into the Dawg Park...

you CAN CONTINUE to use your same *favorite* route...
If da Burdz haven't eaten your Bread Crumz...
follow your ole, familiar, Trail.

ONLY ONES
who need to find a New Trail...
are folks who used to come up OH-23 and OH-15...
and wandered into the Park from Below (SOUTH and South-EAST of the Reservoir.

------------------------------------------------

And Kimmy - YOUR Path/Trail from I-75 is NOT the same one that other folks use...

Kimmy's Route works just **FINE**...

OTHER FOLKS who stay on I-75 and exit at # 157 /Ohio Route 12 -
THAT Trail through Downtown Findlay
(using OH-568 / Sandusky St)
is STILL A GOOD WAY, too.

REPEATING --
I-75 Travelers - don't change NUFFIN!
Do It like ya did the Last Tyme! ;)

But feel free to *ASK* iffin you're not sure!

Cinder & Smoke
05-18-2004, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by gabbiegirl
If you usually take 568 (Sandusky St.)
to get to the dog park,
IGNORE all the afore mentioned detours.
You are still okay.

HEY W:)W!!!

It's Gabbie, the Dane's, MOM's
FURST POST!! :D

WELCOME to Pet Talk - Gabbie & CARRIE!! :)

WELCOME ~ WELCOME ~ WELCOME!!!!

:D :D

ramanth
05-18-2004, 02:09 PM
Hey Gabbie! :D *waves*

Thanks ya'll. I think the Findlay area needs to give it's streets NAMES instead of numbers. LOL! All those numbers made me all confused. :D :o

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-18-2004, 02:21 PM
Hey Gabbie, I remember you! Glad you could join us here at PT! I'm not on the dog side too much, but if you want to see some adorable kitties (not that I'm biased or anything) I'm pretty active on the cat side and T & P are regulars there too. ;) :D

Cinder & Smoke
05-18-2004, 03:40 PM
Gabbie, da Dane, hasta live wiffa KAT, too!
:rolleyes:

Tabby Kat - named China ;)

clara4457
05-18-2004, 04:42 PM
Okay - no guarantees, but Leo and I are going to try to make it. I found someone to dog sit the other dogs (my sis and BIL are going to be out of town), but it depends on how comfortable I feel after she has had them a couple of days. I really want to be there and meet everyone, but obviously I have to think of the fur kids first. I am thinking I will drive out late Saturday and drive home on Sunday so that the dogs have less time without me watching out for them. It also depends on what is planned for the shelter initiative - we might do a big campaign that weekend. If I do make it, it will be a last minute decision - so I don't want to commit, but if I do make it, I will bring some munchies to contribute to the event.

Karen
05-18-2004, 05:22 PM
Wooo hoo! Hope you can come! :)

shais_mom
05-19-2004, 12:13 AM

Main Dish/Meat
Burgers (Robin)
Brats w/ Cheese (Phred)
Chicken Salad (Anna)

Salads/Sides
Tater Salad (4DM)
Pasta Salad (T&P)
Chips (Anna)

Desserts
Brownies (4DM)
Key Lime Pie (T&P)
Cookies (Karen and Paul)

Kitchen Suppliez & STUFF
. . KetchUp
. . Brown Mustard
. . Sweet Relish
. . Salt & Peppur
. . Roll of Papur Towels
. . Bag a CharKoal
. . CharKoal Liter Juze

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still have no clue what to bring!!! Doesn't look like we have anything in the way of Chips and Dips etc.
If Noone objects I can bring Taco Dip again.
Any other suggestions? I feel if I only bring Chips and Dip I am taking the cheap way out, but I am not good at figgering out what to bring! :)

shais_mom
05-19-2004, 12:14 AM
oohhhh
Clara that would be so exciting if you could come!! :) :p

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-19-2004, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by shais_mom
If Noone objects I can bring Taco Dip again.

Mmmmm......taco dip! My favorite! :D

shais_mom
05-19-2004, 12:58 PM
Mmmmm......taco dip! My favorite! :D

Taco Dip it is then!!

Any other requests?!
I could bring a thermos of Lemonade but I brought some last year and was dissappointed in the taste. I like it with a little flavor and that tasted like water. :rolleyes:
I can bring some bottles of water, has anyone signed up for that?
I didn't bring any in April and it was so hot we could have used it!

Cinder & Smoke
05-19-2004, 02:54 PM

Main Dish/Meat
. . Burgers & Buns (Robin)
. . Hot Dogs & Buns (Robin)
. . Brats w/ Cheese & Buns (Phred)
. . Chicken Salad (Anna)

Salads/Sides
. . Tater Salad (4DM)
. . Pasta Salad (T&P)
. . Ramen Noodle Salad (CM & SD)
. . Chips (Anna)
. . Fruit Salad (Kimmy)
. . *Taco Dip* (Staci)
. . *Munchies* (Clara)

Desserts
. . Brownies (4DM)
. . Key Lime Pie (T&P)
. . Cookies (Karen & Paul)
. . Chocolate Chip cookies (Phred)
. . Doggie Birthday Cake (Anna)

Kitchen Suppliez & STUFF (by Phred)
. . KetchUp
. . Brown Mustard
. . Sweet Relish
. . Salt & Peppur
. . Roll of Papur Towels
. . Bag a CharKoal
. . CharKoal Liter Juze
. . *plates & napkins & forks* (4DM)
. . *Bottled Drinkin Water* (Staci)

"Current" as of 5/19/2004 @ 4:)) PM)

All Creatures Great And Small
05-20-2004, 12:35 AM
:( I'm so bummed - it looks like we won't be coming after all. The ratties are all sick these days, Sammy doesn't like the car anymore, I am so STUPID that I forgot to ask off for Monday (I had the weekend off and somehow just assumed that Monday was included), and it looks like YLL will be going up to the horse camp to volunteer that weekend because they really need help.
Last time I came out there and drove all the way back on Sunday night, I was dangerously tired by the time I got near Chicago, and pretty pooped the next day too, so getting up for work Monday morning would be an effort. Darn, and I wanted to rub Cataholic's belly and eat TACO DIP!! All those cute doggies and all those great PT people! Why can't I just teleport there, like they did in Star Trek? :p

CountryWolf07
05-20-2004, 06:06 PM
Ok..

My friend and I might be coming and I'd bring both Anna and Rosie.. so I'll let y'all know for sure in a week or so...

:)

Kfamr
05-20-2004, 06:06 PM
We'll be bringing 2 mutts, Simba and Nala - and possibly some bum from Utah and her "wolf" dog.

But really, we may bring something to eat...Is there anything that's *NEEDED*

lizbud
05-20-2004, 06:15 PM
We'll be bringing 2 mutts, Simba and Nala - and possibly some bum from Utah and her "wolf" dog.

Really ? :eek: You're bringing Nebo & Wolf_Q ??:D :D

Kfamr
05-20-2004, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by lizbud
Really ? :eek: You're bringing Nebo & Wolf_Q ??:D :D

*Possibly* and hopefully. We're working on it. ;)

Not for sure though.... so don't get too excited. :p

lizbud
05-20-2004, 07:33 PM
*Possibly* and hopefully. We're working on it. ;)

Not for sure though.... so don't get too excited. :p

O.K., but it would be so neat.:) I realize how far away you
guys live, but it's a good thought. Nebo & Smokey were both
in puppy classes at the same time. :D

Cincy'sMom
05-20-2004, 09:38 PM
Maybe Amy and Rachel both?!? Cool!!

shais_mom
05-20-2004, 11:25 PM
Don't Forget to start doing the SUNSHINE DANCE!

CountryWolf07
05-20-2004, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by Cincy'sMom
Maybe Amy and Rachel both?!? Cool!!

;) Keep your fingers crossed!!

wolf_Q
05-21-2004, 12:08 AM
Sorry for the excitement, but I'm not going to be able to make it....I *will* make it to another meeting, but probably not this year...

And Kay, I will make it down to Florida sometime too. I'd really love to do that.

Rach you should go anyway, it's fun. :)

CountryWolf07
05-21-2004, 09:31 AM
Aww Amy! Well, it's alright - I probably will still go - my friend and I will have something to do. :) Haha, I'll see you on the 10th!

Cinder & Smoke
05-21-2004, 10:37 AM
New Faces!! Oh, GUDDIE!! :D

But jest a "Friendlee Reminder" frum Dad ----
ALL thoze New Dawggie Faces gotta have Mom or Dad
APPLY for their Dog Park PERMIT - Reel QUICK-like!

You MUST PRE-Register the Dogs before they are allowed
inside the Dog Park Area - Park Rules!

-------------------------------------------------

Here are *links* to two Hancock Park District web pages;

The first link has an brief "Tail" about the Dog Park at the
Very BOTTOM of the page >>>

Hancock Parks / Riverbend DOG PARK (http://www.hancockparks.com/whats-new.htm)

And here is the *link* to see and PRINT the
Dog Park Yearly Permit Application >>>

Hancock DOG Park PERMIT Application (note: is an Adobe .pdf file) (http://www.hancockparks.com/dogpark-app.pdf)

NOTE: You Must Have "Adobe Acrobat Reader" installed on
your 'puter to Load & See this .pdf file...
If you don't have Adobe Reader -
I guess PM Me at "Cinder & Smoke" and we'll get you a form.

Note 2: The Application is TWO Pages long -
be SURE to Print Page 1 AND Page 2;
Page 2 is a WAIVER that Must Be Signed & Returned -
and is at the Very BOTTOM of page 2. ;)

What you need to SEND IN with the Application is >>

1) CHECK ($10) made out to Hancock Parks Foundation with
Memo to: Dog Park Permit

2) COPY (originals won't be returned) of the Dog's
. . Annual Vaccination Record from the VET...
. . (A Copy of the Office Visit Receipt is fine if the SHOTS
. . are noted & has Vet's Name on it).
. . DATE needs to be within ONE Year of now.

3) COPY of RABIES Vaccination Receipt ...
. . DATE within 1 or 3 years - depending on the vaccine used;
. . Most Rabies Receipts show an EXPIRATION date for the shot -
. . Rabies Vacc must be "current" (not expired).

4) All Dogs must also be "Licensed" by the City, Town, County,
or State where you LIVE. Fido should be *wearing* his/her License.

Send it all to:
Hancock Parks District
Attn: Dog Permit
1424 Eeast Main Cross Street
Findlay, OH 45840

Cost of $10 / year registers 1, 2 or 3 Dogs.
You'll receive a Plastic Laminated "Permit Card" in the Mail -
BRING IT WITH you on visits -
they WILL be Checking Permits this year!!

A note about the "DATES" shown on your Receipts ~
Parks is "happy" if the Dates on the Vet & Rabies Receipts are
"Current" within the LAST 12 Months of when you send them in...
In other words; if Fido had his "Shots" anytime AFTER May 21 of 2003 -
he's Good to Go!

And a 3 year Rabies shot is good if it was given
AFTER May 21, 2001.

** Write DOWN the ZIP Code - they forgot to put it ON the Application! :rolleyes:

ANY Questions??
Post em or PM me. ;)

Oh - iffin there's any Hoomins planning to come -
wiffOUT a Dawggie -
thoze Folks do NOT need any permit -
it's jest da DAWGz that need da Permit ahead of time!

/s/ Phred

Cinder & Smoke
05-21-2004, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by shais_mom

Don't Forget to start doing the SUNSHINE DANCE!

:cool:

**SUN**Danzing is *NEEDED*!

Try to 'member this iz OHIO we're talkin about...

Land-of-da -
April & sumtymes May :eek: SNOW Storm;
An where it alluz seems to Rain TOO much;
an onlee Rainz :( when ya dont want it to! :mad:

The LONG-range Wild Guess by da Weather Profitz -
iz Not the most encouraging forecast they ever offered :( ...

Rite NOW (a whole WEEK before Memorial Day) - they're sayin...

Friday the 28th = "few showers" & temps = low 70's
Saturday the 29th = "Rain" :( & Temps = low 70's
Sunday the 30th = "Scatterd Showers" :rolleyes:

BUTT ~
PLENTEE of Tyme to FixZit wiff sum **Sun**Danzin!!

Iffin you'd like to keep track of the Weather Gussin for
Findlay, OH 45840 ~
here's a *link* to the Intellicast.com web site for Findlay >

Intellicast.com Weather for Findlay, Ohio (http://www.intellicast.com/Local/USLocalStd.asp?loc=kfdy&seg=LocalWeather&prodgrp=Forecasts&product=Forecast&prodnav=none&pid=none)

A lil *trick* we use is to Pack & BRING allua yur Rain Gear...
Rainey Coatz, Goo-Loshez, Bumper-Shootz, etc.
Iffin ya PLAN fur rain - seemz to "scare it off"!
An make SURE Mom & Dad do NOT :eek: *warsh* & *polish* da KAR!

We'll be *crossin* pawz an **SUN**Danzin;
prolly eben try askin Our Buddie (da Wun UP-stairz)
fur a lil Help inna Weather Department, too. ;)

Kfamr
05-21-2004, 04:13 PM
Lauren & Honey WILL be coming with us.

We're going to fax our info to the park office tomorrow (Dad called and talked to the guy) -- We're also going to send a copy in the mail. He said he probably wont get us our permit by then, but he'll have it in the office if we do come by, or he'll give it to the park ranger, incase someone asks us for it -- we can say the ranger has it.

He also said that we can put all three dogs on one permit, although they are owned by different people.:)

Kfamr
05-21-2004, 07:46 PM
Simba and Nala say~
http://img32.photobucket.com/albums/v95/simnala/ohioooo.jpg

Kfamr
05-21-2004, 08:34 PM
I can't decide which bandanas for them to wear at the meeting. :P
I was going to pack the personalized ones from Robin, but I think the 9-11 ones from Anna would be more fitting.. they have so many it's hard to chose! :p

CountryWolf07
05-22-2004, 12:15 PM
It'll be Memorial Day, so go with 9/11 bandanas..

Kfamr
05-22-2004, 08:56 PM
Okay, I guess Lauren, Honey, My brother (Kenny) and my cousin Stevie ( Nipper's_mom's brother), My dad(Ken) , Simba, Nala and I are all coming.

Next our whole neighborhood is going to come!

I don't know if my brother and Stevie are going to come to the meeting...If they do, would we have enough food? Does anyone care if they come or not?

Eesh!

This is why I like to be planned ahead of time.. not the week before!:rolleyes: :p :eek:

Blustang24
05-22-2004, 09:26 PM
I thought stevie wasn't going now since I was going and kenny probably is?!?! Hmm....I don't know how that'd work having all of us.

RobiLee
05-22-2004, 09:27 PM
I can't decide which bandanas for them to wear at the meeting. :P
I was going to pack the personalized ones from Robin, but I think the 9-11 ones from Anna would be more fitting.. they have so many it's hard to chose! :p

Those pups and their bandanas, they are just too spoiled :p It is Memorial Day Weekend so I also think it would be more fitting to wear the 9/11 bandanas. Geesh will you just get them here so I can see them in person!

LOL...Robin :D

And...about your brother and cousin...I say the more the merrier and don't worry about the food I'm sure we will have plenty and if not I'm sure we can figure something out. that's my opinion anyway.

4 Dog Mother
05-22-2004, 09:28 PM
I don't know if my brother and Stevie are going to come to the meeting...If they do, would we have enough food? Does anyone care if they come or not?

EVERYONE is welcome at a Pet Talk Gathering. Yes, there will be plenty of food. Probably shouldn't speak for everyone but I don't think any one will care if they come.

Kfamr
05-22-2004, 09:38 PM
I thought stevie wasn't going now since I was going and kenny probably is?!?! Hmm....I don't know how that'd work having all of us.

Kenny and Stevie are going in Kenny's truck.

Blustang24
05-22-2004, 11:23 PM
They are going now?

Blustang24
05-22-2004, 11:24 PM
I can send Honey with Kenny too. Hmm..

Kfamr
05-22-2004, 11:37 PM
Yes, they're going as of now.
I don't know... As long as plans don't change from what my dad said tonight after you left.

As long as you still come. I was thinking the same of Honey riding with Kenny. It'd spread us out more and give us room in the truck.

Blustang24
05-22-2004, 11:40 PM
well i was saying me stay here and just send her with him. I don't know if I could take the whole weekend with him and stevie...lol

They always act weird together. lol

Kfamr
05-23-2004, 11:04 PM
Only a week away! :p

I think we're heading up there Thursday night/early Friday morning.

ramanth
05-24-2004, 01:27 PM
Getting excited! :D

Karen
05-25-2004, 11:08 AM
Yup! Getting excited! :)

Kfamr
05-25-2004, 12:58 PM
Fri
May 28 Scattered T-Storms 79°/58° 40 %
Sat
May 29 Isolated T-Storms 82°/65° 30 %
Sun
May 30 Scattered T-Storms 83°/69° 40 %
Mon
May 31 Scattered T-Storms 82°/66° 40 %
:(

ramanth
05-25-2004, 01:28 PM
Well...the temps are going up....but we still need to get rid of that rain!

Kfamr
05-25-2004, 01:40 PM
I'd rather the temps go down! :p
After the weekend it's supposed to be in the 70's. Of course!:rolleyes:

I'll stand in the rain if I have to! I'm sure the pups would looooovvee getting nice and muddy.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-25-2004, 03:48 PM
Fri
May 28 Scattered T-Storms 79°/58° 40 % means 60% chance it won't rain.
Sat
May 29 Isolated T-Storms 82°/65° 30 % means 70% chance it won't rain.
Sun
May 30 Scattered T-Storms 83°/69° 40 % means 60% chance it won't rain.
Mon
May 31 Scattered T-Storms 82°/66° 40 % means 60% chance it won't rain.
:(

Keep those positive thoughts going! Along with the no-rain mantras, sunshine dances, prayers or whatever it takes! ;) :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-25-2004, 03:50 PM
Question for those coming in Saturday and staying overnight in Findlay (Karen?). Staci has said she will meet us for dinner at the Cracker Barrel, and I was wondering if anyone else wanted to join us? I'm thinking we'll probably eat at about 5:30 - 6:00 to hopefully beat the rush.

Let me know so we can plan and if we get a good group, I'll go in as soon as we get there in the afternoon to let them know they're going to have a big table.

Kfamr
05-25-2004, 04:14 PM
I'd love to be able to join you guys but we'll have the pups so probably can't. :(

Cincy'sMom
05-25-2004, 04:36 PM
I don't know who is getting to Findlay when, but there is an AKC Dog show in Toledo (about 45 min north of Findlay) Saturday and Sunday both. Obviuosly Sunday is out :D, but would anyone be interested in going Saturday? I can double check times it is going on, if anyone is. Also, if someone wanted to come that is traveling with dogs, I could kennel up to 3 here for the time we are at the show.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-25-2004, 04:37 PM
That sounds like fun, but I don't think we'll be there early enough - drat!

Kfamr
05-26-2004, 12:38 AM
I wish we had more time to do more things. I'm going to try and get my brother and Lauren to ride back together in my brother's truck that way we would have more time to do things since they both have to be back to work that week. I'd like to have atleast one day to have fun around the campsite, and if anything that'd be Saturday. My cousin, dad, the pups and I could stay for a few more days.

Tommorrow we're going shopping for things for the trip, since my mom has off work on Wednesdays.
Is there anything you'd like us to bring? Honest, just name it.

Kfamr
05-26-2004, 09:40 AM
The mutts are all cleaned up and ready to go! They just got their shampooing and conditoner. Advantage will go on tomorrow or sometime today. :P

Unfortunately, I can't find one of the memorial bandanas. :(
I have no clue where it is, although it could be hiding in our bandana basket somewhere, there's so many of them!

Kfamr
05-26-2004, 08:59 PM
I guess my brother and cousin aren't coming. My brother changed plans tonight. Figures. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Blustang24
05-26-2004, 09:09 PM
Well I would've changed my mind too if I were him....if he stays back and works to get some projects done her gets a pretty nice cash bonus!! lol :)

Kfamr
05-26-2004, 09:14 PM
He should have decided that weeks ago, though. Not the day before we leave. :rolleyes: :p :p

Blustang24
05-26-2004, 09:23 PM
I don't think he knew....the jobs just came in...money is money! lol;) :) :D

Kfamr
05-26-2004, 09:39 PM
Hope he has fun. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Kfamr
05-27-2004, 08:25 AM
http://img32.photobucket.com/albums/v95/simnala/SHN5-27/10.jpg
:p :D ;)

ramanth
05-27-2004, 09:45 AM
Talked to Leslie on the phone last night and sadly she can't make it. :(

Still need to get ahold of Donna.

Andy and I will definately be there with fruit salad! And something else.....what am I forgetting.....

Oh yeah! Kia and Dreyfus. :p ;) :D

Kfamr
05-27-2004, 10:05 AM
:( You should have told her Simba would come after her if she didn't come!!

I miss her and the kids alot. :(

Cinder & Smoke
05-27-2004, 05:22 PM
ATTN: KayAnn ~~

Tim, the Hancock Park District Director, just e-mailed me
that your Permit Application was received and processed today. :)

Whoever *gets there first* on Sunday -
Keep an *eye* out for Jason, da Ranger -
he'll be driving a white Police-type car...
He will HAVE your Permit with him.

You can go IN the Bark Park as soon as someone opens the gate -
I doubt anyone will "challenge" you; but if someone does -
just tell them the Ranger has your Permit.

And Pavilion #7 - (the one we used Last Year -
between the Bark Park and the Parking Lot) -
is "OURS" for the whole day.

Drive SAFE!!

/s/ Phred

Kfamr
05-27-2004, 07:25 PM
Thanks Phred. We're getting ready to head out as soon as Lauren gets here

RobiLee
05-27-2004, 08:01 PM
Have a safe trip, Kay! Can't wait to see you guys!

Cincy'sMom
05-27-2004, 08:12 PM
Keep an *eye* out for [b]Jason, da Ranger -

/s/ Phred

Dern :( I was hoping Travis would be working Sunday...he is the dog friendliest of the rangers

Karen
05-27-2004, 08:12 PM
Question for those coming in Saturday and staying overnight in Findlay (Karen?). Staci has said she will meet us for dinner at the Cracker Barrel, and I was wondering if anyone else wanted to join us? I'm thinking we'll probably eat at about 5:30 - 6:00 to hopefully beat the rush.

Let me know so we can plan and if we get a good group, I'll go in as soon as we get there in the afternoon to let them know they're going to have a big table.

I am not sure what time we'll be in Findlay yet, as we're driving out Saturday. I'll check with Paul, but do you have a phone number to be reached at Saturday? If you want, I'll PM you my cell phone number - in fact, whoever wants it, send me a PM.

Kfamr
05-27-2004, 08:29 PM
Just got on to check the weather.. sounds NICE. Lets hope it stays this way.

Fri
May 28 Partly Cloudy 68°/45° 10 %
Sat
May 29 Sunny 70°/53° 20 %
Sun
May 30 Isolated T-Storms 75°/65° 30 %
Mon
May 31 Scattered T-Storms / Wind 76°/57° 50 %

We've got everything in the truck ready to go..... Waiting for Lauren!

RobiLee
05-28-2004, 05:52 AM
CAN'T WAIT, CAN'T WAIT, CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Sunday is almost here!

Robin :D

shais_mom
05-28-2004, 05:57 AM
FYI

I got a voice mail from Anna and she is having COMPUTER PROBLEMS!(is it in the air or what??)
She won't be online until AT LEAST Wednesday of Next week, but WILL BE at the Meeting on Sunday.
She wanted me to tell everyone and I thought this was a good place to start!

Stenograsaurus
05-28-2004, 09:04 AM
Well, guys, I am going to have to back out of this one. Something came up and we decided that it is best to stay home during this time. One day I will attend one of these gatherings, I promise!!!! I can't wait to hear the stories and see the pictures!!!! I'll be thinking of you all day.

Karen
05-28-2004, 09:12 AM
Oh, rats. Was looking forward to meeting you and yours! If you change your mind, we'll still be there!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-28-2004, 09:51 AM
Whoever *gets there first* on Sunday -
Keep an *eye* out for Jason, da Ranger -

Phred, you should have just told him to drop it off at "Da Magic Bus." We'll be there, oh, probably between 9 & 10 sometime so we'll keep an eye out for Jason. :)

Karen, sending you a PM. :)

Cinder & Smoke
05-28-2004, 12:05 PM
Gettin purdy kloce to SUNDAY :) -
we'z startin ta get a bit ex-CITED!! :D

Dad wuntz us ta make SURE Ebberbuddie knowz
HOW to FIND da Park Park!!

He'll *bang his hed onna tree* iffin sumbuddie :eek: getz *losted* onna way!

Hey Miz Karen (da Hed Bunnie) -
You guys 'member how ta get ta Findlay?
Dad sez yur Bread Krumz frum last year mitta got eaten by da burds!

Iffin yur sleepin near da Cracker Barrel -
ya can Follow da Magic Bus into da Park on Sunday.
Deb & Terry take a lil "detour" ta skip da "Rickity Bridge" -
but it's kinda "seenic" and is da SAME distance az
da "published route".

MoosMom (Donna) ~
Are you Kar-Poolin or doin it on yur own?
Let Dad know iffin ya need a map!

Gotta get allua Map Werk DUN by 6 PM Saterday -
aftur dat we'z gonna be Bakin Kookiez
an mebbee takin a SWIM / :eek: baff, gassin da kar,
an packin ice inna kooler.
An prolly hafta put up wiffa seereus BRUSH-job jest affore BigBed Tyme.) :rolleyes:

Membur -
*SUNN-Danzin* iz NEEDED!

The Weathur Guyz *upped* da chanze of :eek: *
r a i n * fur Sunday :( a bit >>>

Saturday =
Mostly sunny. Highs around 70. East winds around 10 mph.

Saturday night =
Partly cloudy. Lows in the lower 50s. East winds 10 to 15 mph.

SUNDAY =
Partly cloudy in the morning. Then becoming mostly cloudy.
A chance of showers and thunderstorms.
Highs in the upper 70s.
Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph.
Chance of rain 50 percent. :p

Sunday night =
Mostly cloudy. Showers and thunderstorms likely.
Lows in the upper 50s. Chance of rain 60 percent.

*Link* to the US Weather Bureau page for FINDLAY, OH 45840 =
US Weather ~ Forecast ~ Hancock / Findlay, OH (http://www.srh.noaa.gov/data/forecasts/OHZ017.php?warnzone=ohz017&warncounty=ohc063)

Oooh well - KULD be worser...
It has SNOWED in Ohio in late April :eek: before!

Hurrie Up - SUNDAY!! :D

lizbud
05-28-2004, 12:56 PM
I'm getting so excited. :D Sure hope those "scattered" T-storms
decide to scatter somewhere else.:p Hope we don't get rained
out on the road there.:eek: I hate driving in heavy rain.

I've studied the map so long, I think I've got it pretty much
memorized by now.LOL. :D We're *SUNN-Danzin*our feets
off in Indy. :D :D

RobiLee
05-28-2004, 12:59 PM
We're Sun-Danzin also!!!!

Liz, can't wait to meet you and Smokey!

Steno, so sorry I'm not going to get to meet you. One of these days though, OK?? ;)

ramanth
05-28-2004, 02:03 PM
MoosMom (Donna) ~
Are you Kar-Poolin or doin it on yur own?
Let Dad know iffin ya need a map!
If she goes, she knows she can ride with Andy and I. She emailed me saying she couldn't go because she had to work Memorial Day. I'm not sure if she thought the PT gathering was on Monday or if she meant she has to work the whole weekend.

I've emailed for clarification. :D

Cinder & Smoke
05-28-2004, 03:50 PM
W:DW!

We jest did a REE-view of the whole Thread -
trying to figger ou jest HOW Mennie Kritterz & Hoominz
we are gonna have Attendin on Sunday.
QUITE a BUNCH!!

Here's da Purdy Durn SURE's >>>
.. Diana & Carl
.. Christy & Brian & lil Jasmine
.. KayAnn, Lauren & Ken
.. Karen & Paul
.. Robin & Alden
.. Carrie
.. Staci
.. Amy & Ralph
.. Anna & Mark
.. Debbie & Terry
.. Liz
.. Kimmy & Andy
.. Phred

Kupla da Guyz mite hafta :( werk an stay home :( ...
But we've gotz about 23 +1/2 HOOMINz so far;
and about ~~ 18 Dawggiez!

And here'z da Not so Sure's -
kuz we haven't HEARD frum em inna few daze -
**CHECK IN** Pleeze!!

.. Miz Donna
.. LoveMyShiba
.. sirrahved
.. clara4457
.. CountryWolf07

Don't *think* we've :eek: Left Anyone offa da List;
but 'pologize :o iffin we did.

This mite help a few folks plan how much Grub to bring.

Dad ~ Iz it SUNDAY yet??

Cincy'sMom
05-28-2004, 04:19 PM
[b]Kupla da Guyz mite hafta :( werk an stay home :( ...
But we've gotz about [b]23 +1/2 HOOMINz so far;
and about ~~ 18 Dawggiez!

I count 20-22 doggies...

Carl and Diana (3)
Kay Lauren Ken (3)
Robin and Alden (2)
Carrie (1) (or 2?)
Staci (1)
Amy and Ralph (3)
Anna and Mark (2-3)
Liz (1)
Kim and Andy (2)
Phred (2)

Should be a minimum of 20...you didn't forget Cinder and Smoke in your count, did you?

And a friend of mine may stop by too...she has a 7 month old cocker spaniel puppy. The live in Ypsilanti, but she would be coming from her parents in Paulding. Shell let me know for sure tomorrow.... ( don't worry Phred, pass is covered!)

clara4457
05-28-2004, 07:37 PM
Sorry - Leo and I are still a bit iffy. I stopped by my sister's and the dog sitter was nowhere to be found. It wouldn't really bother me except the back door was wide open and the television was on! :eek:

I'm hoping she was just around the neighborhood somewhere, but I'm a little worried. I am going to stop by later to see if she has been back.

I probably won't know until tomorrow whether or not we can come.

Clara

Karen
05-28-2004, 07:59 PM
Oooh, oooh - do come! We'll be passing by Buffalo on our way ... hope you can come!

lizbud
05-28-2004, 08:12 PM
Clara,

I do hope you can make it Sunday. :) I also hope all is well
at your Sister's house. Liz & Smokey.

CountryWolf07
05-28-2004, 09:31 PM
Hello everybody - I hate to say this, but I can't make it - I have to work - so I have to miss it again this year - maybe next year!! I need to make money so I can have some when I visit Amy in a week and a 1/2 - so please forgive me guys - I wanted to come, but unfortunately, I can't.

RobiLee
05-28-2004, 09:45 PM
Clara, I really hope you can come. I would really like to meet you and Leo.

CountryWolf, I'm sorry you can't make it. It would have been so nice to meet you, Anna and Rosie. You have to try and make it to one this year. Please!! I am also jealous that you are going out to see Amy! I would love to visit her and the furkids and see that beautiful scenery in person.

Also, I am pretty certain that it will be just me and Tori coming to this get together. As hard as it is to leave Katie at home I think it would be much easier on me since I am coming by myself. Alden and I just came back from a festival in the park and we took the girls and even though they were on their best behavior and they were a big hit with the crowds and I am very proud of them, it was alot easier to handle them since Alden had one and I had the other. Plus I have not been alone with Tori much and this will give us an opportunity to bond a little more.

Gosh, I'm excited and can't wait to see you all!

Cincy'sMom
05-28-2004, 10:28 PM
A little birdie told me that Kay was spotted at the dog park tonight!! Seems the Florida crew made the drive safely!

4 Dog Mother
05-28-2004, 10:31 PM
Went out to the dog park tonight and guess who was there - Simba, Nala and Honey - and they brought Kay, Lauren and Ken, (Kay's dad) too. They drove straight through after starting at 11:00 last night. So you can guess how much energy those 3 had! And the dogs were pretty wound up too. It was good seeing Kay and Ken again and meeting Lauren. Kay is up to 300 pictures already so get ready - that was just day1! Honey is a sweetie, Nala has grown up and SimSim has two dogs in love with him - the only problem is they are both males - Taggert and Jack:eek:

We may seen them again tomorrow - it depends on how things work out but we know we will see them and many of you on Sunday.

shais_mom
05-28-2004, 10:44 PM
Yup I was going to post that I heard from Lauren but I didn't get a chance to! They had a good trip!

Karen
05-28-2004, 10:54 PM
We are probably going to be arriving quite late Saturday night, so those who are gathering for dinner should not count on us. But we will see you all at the park on Sunday!

Cinder & Smoke
05-29-2004, 01:26 AM
E-Mail, that is... ;)

Karen & Paul ~

Three seperate e-mails sent between 1 & 2 AM -
1) Newton to the Motel
2) Motel to the Cracker Barrel
3) Motel to the Dawg Park

DON'T be gettin :eek: *lost*!!

And DRIVE SAFELY!!

Se ya both on SUNDAY!!

/s/ Phred

gini
05-29-2004, 10:13 AM
EVERYBODY - HAVE A GREAT TIME TOGETHER..............

PICTURES...........PICTURES!!.....PLEASE!

lizbud
05-29-2004, 03:43 PM
Help please.:eek: A yellow picture of an engine came on in
my car after I stopped to top off the gas. The Toyota service
dept. closes at noon on Saturday, so I can't bring it in to check.

Anybody got any ideas? Do you think it would be safe to drive
to Ohio tomorrow. Geeze. :mad: I don't know what to check.

shais_mom
05-29-2004, 04:22 PM
I am not sure Liz. :(
Are there any other service stations?

Just talked to Debbie and they were coming around Toledo going to meet them at 630 at the Cracker Barrell.

4 Dog Mother
05-29-2004, 05:02 PM
HI Liz,

Sometimes if you just put gas in your car and didn't get the gas cap on tight, the check engine light will come on. Try taking the gas cap off to release the pressure and putting in back on. That may be all that is needed.

Goodluck!

Amy (from my mom's account)

zippy-kat
05-29-2004, 05:16 PM
She called phred re: your car and long story short, I'm the only one near a computer right now so here's my attempt to get ahold of ya. ;)

They suggested trying a Sears -- some of them have an automotive/mechanic department and are usually open until 9pm.

Or what about a Super Walmart? They should have an automotive/mechanic person to help and they're open until late. (no clue what time!)

My dad used to be a mechanic (way back when the dinosaurs roamed the earth), I don't know if he could walk you thru anything or not. If you'd like to try that, let me know and I'll send my phone number to ya.

Hope this gets straightened out!

lizbud
05-29-2004, 06:18 PM
Thanks guys.:) Finally found the owner's manual. It was in
my trunk.:rolleyes: Manual says for this indicator to "take car
to Toyota dealer".

I don't know if it will mess up my extended warrenty contract
if I take the car in somewhere else? I even used the google
search & found the tip on checking the gas cap. I checked it
several times. My car has never given me ANY problems at all
before & this is very fustrating.:mad: I really think maybe it has
something to do with filling up the tank. It's just a warning
light & not a red "stop right now" kind of light. I think I'll call my
son & see if he thinks it's ok to drive on the trip.

One of my best buds (friends) is off this weekend & I'm trying
to reach her to see if I can use her car or if she can drive us. Liz.

I'm thinking maybe it's o.k. to drive & just get it checked on Mon.
Geeze, I hate this.:mad:

lizbud
05-29-2004, 07:51 PM
Well guys, it's a go....:D I've checked all fluids, car is running
o.k. , so I'm going to try it. Talked to my son. He said to just go
ahead on the trip & take a prepaid cell phone along. He thinks
it'll be o.k. to have it checked after I get back. :D

I've got the phone now so I'll call Phred's cell if I have a problem
they delays me. Anyone else that has a phone can pm me
their numbers as back up numbers. Thanks everyone, Hope to
see everyone tomorrow. :)

shais_mom
05-29-2004, 10:40 PM
OK Liz! I pm'ed you my phone number!
Have a safe trip!

I just made the taco dip - such a fiasco!!! ooooiii
Had a nice dinner with Terry and Debbie!!!
It was fun and yummy!

cloverfdx
05-30-2004, 06:42 AM
How exciting, I hope everyone has a great time and the weather is good. I cannot wait for photos and storys. :D

HAVE FUN

ramanth
05-30-2004, 06:52 AM
We're on our way! :D See everyone soon! :D

*is bouncing* :D LOL!

So GLAD you can make it Liz!

clara4457
05-30-2004, 07:05 AM
Sorry - Leo and I will not be coming. I just don't feel comfortable leaving town when my sister is out of town. I promise I will make the July 4th weekend get together.

Clara and Leo

Doggirl
05-30-2004, 11:03 AM
Hope you guys have alot of fun!!! Wish I could come, but the parents wouldn't drive me. :mad: :p :rolleyes:

Doggirl

Cincy'sMom
05-30-2004, 05:41 PM
I'm sorta surprised we are the first to report! Had a very nice afternoon. It was starting to sprinkle a little around 5, but was nice up too that point, and that didn't last long. We hit some heavy rains on the way back, but made it home safe.

Had a great time as always! Lots of good food, good friends and tired puppies! I don't know that I will get to post pictures tonight, we have another party to get to, but I will get them up tomorrow. Hope everyone had a safe trip home!

ramanth
05-30-2004, 06:50 PM
We're home! Had a great time, and like Amy said, we had wonderful weather. :D

Kia was on her very best behavior this time. Even with Keegan and Roxey! :D Angus was just a doll. It was great seeing Simba and Nala again...and this time we met Karen, Paul, Tori, Honey, Smokey, AND Jasmine!

It rained the majority of the way home. Hit some real heavy rain too. It made our goodbyes with Donna real quick. :(

Everyone take care!!!

*edit* Oh.. and Smokey brought Liz too! :D :o

shais_mom
05-30-2004, 07:28 PM
We're home too!! As we were coming home the radio said there was a Tornado warning until 10pm for the listening area. :eek:
Had a severe storm after we got home.
Miss Priss Keegan didn't drink very much water while we were there so She drank for over 5 minutes straight when we came home! :eek: :eek: I was afraid it would upset her belly but she's been ok so far.
I was thinking the same thing Kimmy. There were no squabbles that I know of!
Angus was AMAZING!!!
I hope everyone has a safe safe trip home!!!

Karen
05-30-2004, 07:40 PM
Today at the dog park, we had a special event (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&postid=717853#post717853).

Karen
05-30-2004, 07:48 PM
We're not back home, but we do have Internet access at the hotel! I am sunburnt, but we had a lovely time, and enjoyed meeting everyone, and everydog! We took a bunch of pcitures, but won't have them up until we get home, probably!

Every human and dog was nice and pretty well behaved, only a few "time outs" were needed, and there was plenty of food and fellowship and people to throw tennis balls and dispense treats ... for humans and dogs, too.

As we - Robilee with Tori, Phred, Paul and I were stragglers, we were still kinda packing up when the deluge hit, AND the nice ranger came to tell us "tornado warning!" Tori didn't really like the thunderstorm, so see and Robilee ran through the rain to the car - and Cinder and Smoke tried to go with 'em! After waiting out some of the worst of the thunderstorm, we did leave, though Paul got drenched, and Cinder, Smokey and Phred got rained on, too.

But it was a very nice afternoon, and we hope KayAnn and family, who started their drive back to Florida before the rain started in earnest have a safe drive back home, and that all others will report in as well!

shais_mom
05-30-2004, 08:13 PM
http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeoNWbNi2asQC

Here are my pics!

4 Dog Mother
05-30-2004, 08:27 PM
Great pictures, Stacy! I haven't done anything with mine yet. My sister was here when I got home so she has been working on my computer and it is now up and running great again. A deluge of rain hit here - and my ponds are all full again - they had gotten a little low.

Great day, great food, great people, great dogs.

shais_mom
05-30-2004, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Freckles
What great pictures, Staci, especially this one!
http://shim1.shutterfly.com/procsserv/F-oNWbNi2asQMWEC6hwTmw

Did Liz make it?:)

YUP!!!
Liz is right front and center!!
That is Smokey Joe rubbing his nose in something!

RobiLee
05-30-2004, 09:09 PM
I made it home safe and sound! I had a great time and loved seeing everyone. I've unloaded the car and Tori and Katie are running around like crazy and happy to be together again. Like Karen said we got caught up in that storm. Boy, it sure was raining. I am drenched and off to change my clothes. I'll post my pics later.

Phred just called to see if I made it home safe. He is on his way home now. He was wondering if Liz was home safe and sound. Does anyone know.

More later....

4 Dog Mother
05-30-2004, 09:18 PM
Haven't heard from Liz.
Here are a few of my pictures:
Here is a picture of Jack meeting Tori:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid119/p8561805c3af839375cf98fa480066a3d/f8798cb0.jpg
One of big mean Angus who can't come in the dog park cause he doesn't get along with other dogs:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid119/pc566e6de652f0d31a067430baf82e2b7/f8798e5f.jpg
Oh, what is that - some cute little cocker spaniel grouchy old Angus is meeting?
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid119/p36121c1ee1b2dd35b4baef0b486f90fb/f8798e95.jpg